Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 175
  1. #101  
    124. Place all ringtones / alarm tones / notification selections in one menu with volume sliders for each. It is very inconvenient to have to go to clock then alarm to change my alarm tone, then go to ringtone to change that.


    Please!!!!
  2. #102  
    Set schedule for Wifi, ringer, etc to turn on and off automatically. If possible.. GPS turn on wifi at certain places.
  3.    #103  
    Updated our list (on page 1) with items fixed by WebOS 1.20.

    Let me know if other items on our list have already been addressed.

    Let me know if there are other items you'd like to see added to our list.

    *Palm is definitely making progress, Thankfully! *
  4.    #104  
    I just updated our list on page 1 of this thread to include MANY of the updates, fixes, tweaks, and patches that have been created to address many of the issues with the Pre.

    It is amazing to see the tremendous progress Palm and the HomeBrew Community is making!!!

    A big "THANK YOU" to everyone who is working to make this the best phone on the planet!!!
  5. #105  
    Not to beat a dead horse, but I didn't see it in the list. Can we get the Treo/Centro calendar for the PRE. Please, I'll pay.
  6.    #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by gqskins View Post
    Not to beat a dead horse, but I didn't see it in the list. Can we get the Treo/Centro calendar for the PRE. Please, I'll pay.
    What do you like about the Treo/Centro calendar? What is better about that one over the Pre's?
  7. #107  
    Palm needs to add the ability to assign a unique ring tone and\or vibration when an email marked High Priority is recieved. This is a popular feature offered in all Blackberry and Windows Mobile phones. Microsoft Exchange Mail corporate users and people who use their phones as pagers will appreciate the feature.
  8.    #108  
    Quote Originally Posted by slushy View Post
    Palm needs to add the ability to assign a unique ring tone and\or vibration when an email marked High Priority is recieved. This is a popular feature offered in all Blackberry and Windows Mobile phones. Microsoft Exchange Mail corporate users and people who use their phones as pagers will appreciate the feature.
    That's a good one... just added it to the list! Thanks!
  9. #109  
    One calendar issue that has me really irritated is when I'm entering in a new calendar event (or modifying an existing one) on my Palm and need to change the time of the appointment that the minutes for the time only come in increments of 5 minutes.

    I have a rather "complicated" life with the various music appointments that I have and it actually helps if I can set up odd times on my Palm instead of setting them up in Outlook and then having to sync.
  10. #110  
    how bout a patch to be able to delete any contact in the contacts no matter where it comes from.....facebook,aim,yahoo................
  11. #111  
    Quote Originally Posted by BenRagunton View Post
    One calendar issue that has me really irritated is when I'm entering in a new calendar event (or modifying an existing one) on my Palm and need to change the time of the appointment that the minutes for the time only come in increments of 5 minutes.

    I have a rather "complicated" life with the various music appointments that I have and it actually helps if I can set up odd times on my Palm instead of setting them up in Outlook and then having to sync.
    I think there is a patch for that. If you don't have webos quick install and/or preware, check them out. Both have the patch feed in them and I'm pretty sure there is a patch for this. It may have been a thread here on the forum with info on getting less than 5 minute break down.
  12. #112  
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    I think there is a patch for that. If you don't have webos quick install and/or preware, check them out. Both have the patch feed in them and I'm pretty sure there is a patch for this. It may have been a thread here on the forum with info on getting less than 5 minute break down.
    I have both WebOS Quick Install and Preware, and unfortunately there isn't a patch for it.

    However your answer did tell me that there currently isn't a way to do what I need the Palm calendar to do. Until there is either a patch or a fix I'll just have to set up all my time through Outlook and then sync the Palm.
  13. pman_lt's Avatar
    Posts
    138 Posts
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    #113  
    EDGE/3G data usage counter

    Ability to send conatct number/email via Messaging app

    Ability connect to Ad-hoc type wi-fi (Windows Internet Connection Sharing)
  14. #114  
    Quote Originally Posted by BenRagunton View Post
    I have both WebOS Quick Install and Preware, and unfortunately there isn't a patch for it.

    However your answer did tell me that there currently isn't a way to do what I need the Palm calendar to do. Until there is either a patch or a fix I'll just have to set up all my time through Outlook and then sync the Palm.
    I began looking for the code that determines the time picker anyone know if that is separate from the app like in the framework?
  15. #115  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    Thank you for the thanks!

    My goal is to do whatever I can to help make the Pre the best phone to date!

    P.S. The list is now at 100!
    I see on dif forums that many people have this recurrent prob that seems to occur spontaneously and then magically go away. Have used tech support twice but their fixes are temporary. I see that it happens with yahoo mostly. Am switching to gmail in hopes of solution but think bug is on Pre side. It says "log in credentials rejected" reset pwd then, tap, takes you to email acct to reset pwd but that won't fix it. Did backup, then partial erase and reset but solution did not last. Help!
  16. #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by marchmaggie View Post
    I see on dif forums that many people have this recurrent prob that seems to occur spontaneously and then magically go away. Have used tech support twice but their fixes are temporary. I see that it happens with yahoo mostly. Am switching to gmail in hopes of solution but think bug is on Pre side. It says "log in credentials rejected" reset pwd then, tap, takes you to email acct to reset pwd but that won't fix it. Did backup, then partial erase and reset but solution did not last. Help!
    I replied to your post in the bug list thread. Just wanted to post here to direct there.
  17.    #117  
    Quote Originally Posted by pman_lt View Post
    EDGE/3G data usage counter
    Please clarify...
  18. #118  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    Please clarify...
    My Pre frequently comes up with log in credentials rejected msg despite me not having changed a password or even been on email on Pre or PC or fooled with settings anywhere Pre or PC. It says "log in credentials rejected; Tap to update password" I tap. Takes me to Edit Verizon Yahoo screen. Settings are:
    Mail type IMAP
    inc mail server is palm.imap.mail.yahoo.com
    Username my email at verizon.net
    pwd ...(have not changed)
    Port # 993
    encryp SSL
    Outgoing
    palm.smtp.mail.yahoo.com
    User authentication OFF
    Port 465
    encrypt SSL
    Root Folder blank
    I have repeatedly tapped in correct pwd
    Does not work - It will continue to give message and continues that my email is not updated from when error msg first shows up.
    this occurs spontaneously. It has resolved without intervention (spontaneously) after a few hours or a few days. Two days ago it resolved without me ever having been on e-mail either on Pre thru internet or thru app or on email thru PC.
    I have contacted tech support twice. They took me step by step to reset email after back up, then partial erase. Seemed to work for a few hours. This message "log in credentials..." occurs during day, night and any day of week. Can find no pattern in any way. Sometimes resetting email does not seem to work. Have seen in other sites on web (see Yahoo support) where this happens to many people frequently. Have tried all of suggested solutions that are there except "refurb". I think it is only yahoo via Verizon and ATT. I am setting up gmail but cannot fully use yet because as of yesterday Verizon is doing some kind of update that won't let me go to "settings". However, this log in problem on Pre has been occuring almost since the beginning on my Pre. Obtained Pre sometimes in Sept, I believe.
    Contacted yahoo about this once. Yahoo support is worse than Pre support. Pre support seems unaware that this is a repeat prob for people. Like I said, I am changing completely to gmail thru my google account once Verizon Yahoo is done with their update.
    This was a lot of clarification. Yahoo support forums seem to have found no solutions yet. Thus, I am trying Pre site.
    Thank you for any ideas. I know that I am not crazy - this is bizarre.
    BTW, I am on Sprint for mobile.
    Last edited by marchmaggie; 11/15/2009 at 02:53 PM. Reason: misspelling
  19.    #119  
    I am sorry to hear you are having so much trouble. I have not heard of this issue before. How do you see adding an Edge/3G data usage counter helping you?

    Anyone else having a similar issue?
  20. #120  
    this is putting me off buying a pre like crazy, 152 points, granted some are fixed (alot of the time it has been around).
    are these problems pretty much being picky and making it an ultimate phone? so basically should i ignore the numerous errors being pointed out here because it is aasking for too much?

Posting Permissions