Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    Great idea! Added to the list.
    I hooked up my Pre to my PC so the PC thought it was an external drive. Then I dragged .jpg files I liked from my PC and put them into the "wallpaper" folder on the Pre. That enabled me to use those files as Pre wallpaper. Very simple.
    Love #115. Not all of us who have Pres are in our 20s and 30s. I'd love to be able to make the fonts bigger for my 40-something eyes. Even better would be if their next device was about 1/2" wider and 1/2" longer; closer to the size of the iPhone so the screen is bigger. And would love the keyboard to be landscape like the HTC Touch Pro instead of the teeny portrait size it is now. Other than that, I'm loving the phone. It's my first smartphone and I can't imagine going back to something that's just makes calls.
    Quote Originally Posted by pugtaxi View Post
    Love #115. Not all of us who have Pres are in our 20s and 30s. I'd love to be able to make the fonts bigger for my 40-something eyes. Even better would be if their next device was about 1/2" wider and 1/2" longer; closer to the size of the iPhone so the screen is bigger. And would love the keyboard to be landscape like the HTC Touch Pro instead of the teeny portrait size it is now. Other than that, I'm loving the phone. It's my first smartphone and I can't imagine going back to something that's just makes calls.
    #115 was one of my suggestions and something I'm working on seeing if this can be altered by making an app like the font altering apps from palmOS. To be honest though the idea was for reducing the sizes since nearly all of them are already at font sizes for the visually impaired. I can't imagine making the font sizes larger than the 20px that a number of things are set to. I personally want smaller font sizes to get more on the screen real estate. A point of note that the screen size different between the pre and iphone is 0.4 inches more diagonally. 0.33 inch taller and , 0.22 inches wider. Drawing out the two screen dimensions one inside the other it to me is an insignificant difference in size. Especially with large font sizes.
  4.    #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    Looking over the list to see if there is anything I can contribute to making happen I discovered the following can be achieved following the info at the links:

9. Text Message Forwarding
    Forward Messages - WebOS Internals

74. Add more app pages to the Launcher. Eliminate the need to scroll down, only across!
    Tutorials webOS Add Or Delete Pages In The Launcher - WebOS Internals

92. Emails should be viewable in lanscape mode by turning the Pre sideways.

Needs to be updated for 1.1: Enable Landscape Viewing in Email - WebOS Internals
    Also unless it was disabled there is that code you could type to allow this for that session in the email app. RocknRollHax

Here is the page with all the efforts being done to add/improve things with webOS and apps. Portal:Patches to webOS - WebOS Internals

I'm going to be working on altering some things I posted about and maybe some other stuff but a lot of this stuff is beyond me right now. I need to take a refresher course on javascript and also need to learn how all these different languages and files interact so I can know where to look to make certain changes.
    Great stuff, thanks! I've updated the list with this information.

How do we get this thread "stickied" for quick reference?
    A moderator or someone in charge of doing that stuff on the forum would have to do that. I assume you could ask. I think it is sticky material.
  6.    #86  
    Forum moderator, please sticky this thread. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    Just added "AutoCorrect Edit" app to the list as a potential solution. Thank you!
    FYI: AutoCorrect Edit has been released for everyone. The URL has changed, but the old one works too.
  8.    #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by rhong View Post
    FYI: AutoCorrect Edit has been released for everyone. The URL has changed, but the old one works too.
    Updated URL, thanks!
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    # 37 = IM+ for Skype :: Palm WebOS :: Products for Skype Im. $10 for forever license. Working well so far...
    # 72 workaround (I know it is probably too obvious) I save the email in the "sent" file (In a pop account where it doesn't get auto-deleted).
    #99 isn't that 'sync deleted emails on-off'? I think they otherwise do stay on because I pop the same account with several machines.
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
    what about being able to control the music player while on a bluetooth enabled device with the bluetooth enabled device. i hate not being able to skip tracks with my stereo bluetooth headset or my head unit in my vehicle unless i do it on the phone itself. i can do this with all my other stereo buetooth devices though
  11.    #91  
    Added to the list. Thanks!

P.S. This is a good phone that truly has the potential to be a GREAT phone!
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    I would like to get a choice of what I want to sync from my exchange account. I don't want the phone to sync every single thing from my account. Windows Mobile gives us an option of what we want to sync and with WebOS being more powerful I'm sure Palm can make this happen.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I don't understand am i the only one looking for task list should sync with outlook categories? isn't it a major organizing issue before anything else?
    Would love to see the database used be able to link or integrate all of these apps. When I add a contact should have ability to create appt from it or create a task. I believe the Palm OS had a 3rd party app like Datebk that did this. Would be great for true business users.
    How about a really simple one that would make this thing even more sexy to me.

When on the home screen in card view swiping left and right on gesture area should change your wallpaper to the next/previous image in your wallpaper folder. With Switcharoo out I really like the background changing and I have tons, but 5 minutes doesn't leave for much enjoyment of wallpapers you like. Also removing a short-interval script from the pre might increase battery life.
    Quote Originally Posted by leibym View Post
    I don't understand am i the only one looking for task list should sync with outlook categories? isn't it a major organizing issue before anything else?
    No, you're not the only one. Although with all the clamoring for toys like video and flash it sure seems like nobody else has a full-time job.

For the time being, I'm just lumping all my work-related tasks into the "Exchange" list and using search in the Task app to find them. All my non-work-related tasks are broken out into separate lists and synced with the Palm Profile. It's not the best solution, and Palm needs to support categories with EAS as soon as possible.