Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    [Apologies if this HAS been mentioned previously!]

Am I the only one who's missing a hole for a LANYARD??? A landyard would certainly make it easier to pull Pre out of the pouch.

Quote Originally Posted by krusenkevin View Post
    [Apologies if this HAS been mentioned previously!]

Am I the only one who's missing a hole for a LANYARD??? A landyard would certainly make it easier to pull Pre out of the pouch.

I don't have one is there supposed to be?
    Fantasic list, I only hope Palm is reading this or should I say, doing something to address at least the top 10-15 in the next update.
    This reminds me of the Treo 600/ first iphone. the 600 was a great idea but it needed a lot of work. At that time, there were phone that did what the 600 should have been able to do.
    The first iphone because that's what it seems like, with the exception of multitasking, the cards, keyboard and a few other things.
    I went from the palm prizm all the way through to the 700wx.
    I wonder how long before palm gets it to do what pda like this should do. e.g., the list at the beginning of the thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    I don't have one is there supposed to be?
    I suppose that depends on how badly you want to use a lanyard. A good many PDAs and smartphones do have a lanyard hole, but it's absent on the PRE.
    maybe I missed this one so if it is already on there please forgive me. It would be nice if from the calendar you could import contact info into an event/location.
    Create sms templates
    Copy sms to saved folder
    Save to draft
    Forward sms
    Edit # before sending sms
    Please add a way to open a new browser card by shift+link or special+link. If someone already posted or if it already is possible, then sorry.

Oh, and I would also like a zoom in to selected fields, iPhone style.

Another: separate brightness controls for screen and keyboard.
    Last edited by Gefv09; 07/10/2009 at 11:06 PM.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Don't see, but definitely need ability to play Audible books, aa format and to be able to download Audible boosk by AudibleAir App.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Sms forwarding, missed alerts notification(vibration & light), saving/sending media files via bluetooth or mms, video recording(if possible), ability to copy/paste whatever, think of more later i'm sure. Pre is great tho, and its only gonna get better!
    The ability to toggle GPS on and off -- as you can WiFi and Bluetooth -- from the home screen battery meter drop-down menu.

While Sprint Nav asks for permission to turn GPS on when initiating a session, it doesn't ask about turning it off or auto-turn-off at the end of a session. Since battery life is such an issue, and GPS a real power-sucker, this would be very handy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gefv09 View Post
    Please add a way to open a new browser card by shift+link or special+link. If someone already posted or if it already is possible, then sorry.
    To open a link in a new card, press and hold the orange (or shift) key. Press and release the space bar. While still holding the orange (or shift) key, tap on a link. It will open in a new card.
    The ability to toggle GPS on and off -- as you can WiFi and Bluetooth -- from the home screen battery meter drop-down menu.

While Sprint Nav asks for permission to turn GPS on when initiating a session, it doesn't ask about turning it off or auto-turn-off at the end of a session. Since battery life is such an issue, and GPS a real power-sucker, this would be very handy!
    Doesn't GPS turn off when you close the app that is using GPS?
    Quote Originally Posted by JackG058 View Post
    I don't think so. I usually have to turn GPS back off after using Sprint Nav. However, I'm not convince that it's that much of a battery drain, so it's never been a crisis if I forget and notice a day or two later.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by JackG058 View Post
    Nope. You'd think it would, but I have to manually go in to "Location Services" and close it after using Sprint Nav.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    I don't think so. I usually have to turn GPS back off after using Sprint Nav. However, I'm not convince that it's that much of a battery drain, so it's never been a crisis if I forget and notice a day or two later.
    Nope. You'd think it would, but I have to manually go in to "Location Services" and close it after using Sprint Nav.
    You both are absolutely correct. I tested Sprint Nav this morning and it does not in fact shut off GPS. Google Maps does, as does the other apps I've used that request GPS usage. You'd think the built-in Sprint app would work correctly. Go figure!

One weird thing I did note while testing Sprint Nav this morning, and that is my GPS would not turn on and find a signal. I had to restart my phone and then it worked flawlessly. I guess this must be a generation 1 device it seems...
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    10. Spell Check, AutoCorrect, Predictive Type
    >> AutoReplace Upgrade <<
    I just created a homebrew app for this. Click here for the thread.
  18.    #78  
    Just added "AutoCorrect Edit" app to the list as a potential solution. Thank you!

Mods: Please sticky this thread for quick access! Thanks.
  19.    #79  
    Updated with WebOS 1.1 fixes.
    Looking over the list to see if there is anything I can contribute to making happen I discovered the following can be achieved following the info at the links:

9. Text Message Forwarding
    Forward Messages - WebOS Internals

74. Add more app pages to the Launcher. Eliminate the need to scroll down, only across!
    Tutorials webOS Add Or Delete Pages In The Launcher - WebOS Internals

92. Emails should be viewable in lanscape mode by turning the Pre sideways.

Needs to be updated for 1.1: Enable Landscape Viewing in Email - WebOS Internals
    Also unless it was disabled there is that code you could type to allow this for that session in the email app. RocknRollHax

Here is the page with all the efforts being done to add/improve things with webOS and apps. Portal:Patches to webOS - WebOS Internals

I'm going to be working on altering some things I posted about and maybe some other stuff but a lot of this stuff is beyond me right now. I need to take a refresher course on javascript and also need to learn how all these different languages and files interact so I can know where to look to make certain changes.