Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Dear Sucker, {I added that part}
    We have received your rebate submission for the purchase of a Sprint device.
    Your rebate tracking number is: {cut}
    Please be sure to keep a copy of your tracking number for future reference.

If you have met all of the eligibility criteria documented on your rebate form, you will receive your rebate within 10-14 weeks.

We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again.

Sincerely,
    Sprint
    10 to 14 weeks? Are you kidding me?

"...look forward to serving you.." ? Serving me? Is that what they call it? Hey Sprint: Don't count on it.
    Mike Dixon
    Software Developer
  2. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishous View Post
    10 to 14 weeks? Are you kidding me?

"...look forward to serving you.." ? Serving me? Is that what they call it? Hey Sprint: Don't count on it.
    I don't think it's unreasonable for them to wait to process your rebate until your line has been active/you've had the phone for 30 days. I believe they do this to prevent fraud.

Move along.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    I've been a customer for over 10 years. I pay good money for 3000 minutes a month and extra for FIVE phones (two Pre's) - I don't think it's reasonable.
    Mike Dixon
    Software Developer
  4. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Hey, I was a little ticked by them having a rebate in general.

Answer me this, though: is this mail-in rebate scenario much different from any other?
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Rebates always take forever. Just be happy when you get it as most rebates you will never see.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Did you not know there was a mail in rebate if you purchase the phone through sprint? I would have thought seeing "$100 MIR" on all the documentation and receiving the rebate form clearly stating the allotted time for the rebate to be received would have tipped you off. You didn't have to get the phone through sprint if you didn't want to deal with a MIR, and since you did there isn't anyrhing you can do about it now so deal with it.
    Relax, you'll get your money. if you have been a costumer for over ten years Im sure you've sent in a rebate before..

look at it as a nice $ surprise when it shows up..
    Hey think like this: that $100 is for extra accessories you will buy once you get that. I will buy A2DP Headphones. Sprint is just keeping the money like my wife telling me that in a month there will be more better headphones. Wait darn it!
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I know it says "Device must be active for 30 days" on the rebate. If I exchanged my pre for another one because of defects will this mess up my rebate?
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Anywhere you go you'll see rebates that take forever to come back to you. What's (slowly) starting to happen is instant rebates, but those only tend to be for online purchases rather than brick and mortar shops.
    And Sprint hasn't been taking that long. they tell you that absolute longest possible time, because they know you'll be MORE angry if they actually go over their estimate. I did a rebate last month with Sprint, and the check was in my hand in 3 weeks. Relax, this rebate has been known for a month now, and you'll get your money.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    This is pretty standard time for any mail in rebate
    Quote Originally Posted by myeyez View Post
    I know it says "Device must be active for 30 days" on the rebate. If I exchanged my pre for another one because of defects will this mess up my rebate?
    You'll need to submit a new rebate form. This is what I was told when I exchanged mine.
    Rebates of this magnitude suck bcuz you have to pay tax on the rebate amount where sales tax is charge but you dont get that back!
    Quote Originally Posted by donatom3 View Post
    You'll need to submit a new rebate form. This is what I was told when I exchanged mine.
    I called the Sprint Rebate a couple days ago about this. He said you do not need to send another rebate form unless you didn't get another Pre as an exchange. He actually told me by sending two rebates in would disallow the rebate and void it.

He said they only look at the type of phone you have activated, not the serial number. He said they don't have access to sensitive areas. The only can see the basics. I was able to get his name, ID and direct line if their are any problems. Don't believe anything the Reps at the stores or Reps that you call at Sprint. Call Sprint Rebate department direct to get your information. Ask them if you need to send in another form.

Here is there direct number: 1-800-477-4127
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pathymo View Post
    ...You didn't have to get the phone through sprint if you didn't want to deal with a MIR, and since you did there isn't anyrhing you can do about it now so deal with it.
    Yes I did, because the Best Buy here only received 2, and I needed a new phone because my other crappy Sprint phone kept turning itself off. I guess I shouldn't have been surprised, but I thought Palm was a reputable company to go with hardware wise. {insert chuckle here} If you don't like my topic, you don't have to comment on it, so just deal with it. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan View Post
    Hey think like this: that $100 is for extra accessories you will buy once you get that. ...
    Accessories? They have accessories? They don't have no stinking accessories here!

Quote Originally Posted by pullbangdead View Post
    ... Relax, this rebate has been known for a month now, and you'll get your money.
    Actually, it's not about the money, its the principle of it, it's about crappy business practices because a) I make plenty of money, and b) I never expected to actually get the rebate. I think I've lost all faith in businesses being decent. Yes, there are some, but it's rare and a surprise when you find one.

It's as simple as this: After the 30 day period, the computer should verify my stuff and print me a check. It shouldn't take that long, they just take that long so most people forget about it and then they can get away with not issuing a certain amount of rebates that do qualify. Been there, done that.
    Mike Dixon
    Software Developer
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishous View Post
    Yes I did, because the Best Buy here only received 2, and I needed a new phone because my other crappy Sprint phone kept turning itself off. I guess I shouldn't have been surprised, but I thought Palm was a reputable company to go with hardware wise. {insert chuckle here} If you don't like my topic, you don't have to comment on it, so just deal with it. LOL

Accessories? They have accessories? They don't have no stinking accessories here!

Actually, it's not about the money, its the principle of it, it's about crappy business practices because a) I make plenty of money, and b) I never expected to actually get the rebate. I think I've lost all faith in businesses being decent. Yes, there are some, but it's rare and a surprise when you find one.

It's as simple as this: After the 30 day period, the computer should verify my stuff and print me a check. It shouldn't take that long, they just take that long so most people forget about it and then they can get away with not issuing a certain amount of rebates that do qualify. Been there, done that.
    You are a bitter, bitter man.
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    Man, let's see what else we can Bi--h about!
    Quote Originally Posted by dfine1966 View Post
    I called the Sprint Rebate a couple days ago about this. He said you do not need to send another rebate form unless you didn't get another Pre as an exchange. He actually told me by sending two rebates in would disallow the rebate and void it.

He said they only look at the type of phone you have activated, not the serial number. He said they don't have access to sensitive areas. The only can see the basics. I was able to get his name, ID and direct line if their are any problems. Don't believe anything the Reps at the stores or Reps that you call at Sprint. Call Sprint Rebate department direct to get your information. Ask them if you need to send in another form.

Here is there direct number: 1-800-477-4127
    Phew good thing I didn't mail in the replacement one yet. I'll wait then and if I do need to send it in I will.
    if there's 4 steps:

Rebate submitted
    pending approval
    approved
    rebate mailed

why is it at 58% instead of 50%?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast