Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Let me start off by saying that I love my Pre. I got in the first day it came out, and do not want any other phone.

That being said, I have been having a problem with me Pre when it charges. The screen goes crazy showing multiple taps without me even touching it, applications open and close and it doesn't respond to my touch. This only happens sometimes and goes away after a soft reset, however it started doing it the other day and I was able to record it on my camera and I took it into the sprint store where I purchased.

I took it to the store and they agreed to replace it, but they said the units they had in stock were for people that had already ordered. They said they would order me a "replacement", I asked if that was a new one and the guy said it might be remanufactured by Palm but it wouldn't a regular refurb. I said "whatever" I just need one that works, which brings me to the point of my post.

They offered to ship me my replacement Pre straight to my house and said that I would have it in a couple of days. Has anyone else received their replacement through the mail instead of picking it up @ the store? When you received it was a new unit or "remanufactured"?

My only concern is that my 30 days is fast approaching and I know once that passes I will be hard pressed to get my Pre replaced again, so I don't want to find out in a few days that phones don't get shipped to your house and then my 30 days is up.

Thanks
    Your 30 days has nothing to do with warranty replacements. Its your trial period to return the Pre with no service charge.

If you plan on keeping the Pre, you will have a 1 yr manufacturers warranty from the day you purchased.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I realize that, however, it seems like you have more of a leg to stand on when it's within the 30 days. My experience has always been that once your period to return the phone ends they won't just replace it, rather they want you to leave it there for the day and they try to replicate the problem, which they never do, and it just turns into a mission for them to get you a replacemnet.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I really just want to know if anyone has had their replacement phone shipped straight to their house, or if the salesman was mistaken.
    Btw when you were having that charging screen tap issue were you by chance using an aftermarket charger? I've only had that exact problem you describe with aftermarket chargers.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    It's happened with both. The real problem for me has been the sprint car charger.
    Your chargers may be more the issue than the phone itself. I would ask to try a new charger first. If the chargers are giving the incorrect voltage this will happen. BTW the Sprint Palm charger isn't the same as the official Palm Pre charger.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    That's surprising.

However, this last time it was with the Palm OEM Wall charger and USB.

I've used all types of aftermarket chargers with my other phones and have never had a problem.

I would have thought that would be something that they were aware of at the Sprint store, I saw the salesman take the phone into the back and they didn't say anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by metroff1 View Post
    That's surprising.

However, this last time it was with the Palm OEM Wall charger and USB.

I've used all types of aftermarket chargers with my other phones and have never had a problem.

I would have thought that would be something that they were aware of at the Sprint store, I saw the salesman take the phone into the back and they didn't say anything.
    If you try another official pre charger and it still does it, then yes your Pre is the culprit, but just letting you know 3rd party chargers have done this to me.

I bought 3 of Monoprice's wall chargers. One of them does this crazy tap tap action you are describing and the other two don't. Same brand, same rating, one just isn't working as advertised.