View Poll Results: What are the reasons that made you buy your Pre?

Voters
184. You may not vote on this poll
  • Multitasking - multiple applications open at one time

158 85.87%
  • Calendar - combined & linked contacts - Synergy

72 39.13%
  • Music player - syncs with iTunes, normal headphone jack, etc.

48 26.09%
  • Compatibility - use your old Palm applications (Classic)

19 10.33%
  • Design - touchscreen, slide-out keyboard, size, etc.

160 86.96%
  • Touchstone - cordless charger

33 17.93%
  • Notifications - Dashboard on the bottom of the screen

96 52.17%
  • Camera - 3 Megapixel with flash

47 25.54%
  • Battery - removable, 5 hour talk time

27 14.67%
  • Sprint GPS Navigation and Google Maps with no added monthly fee

87 47.28%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Let's hear from as many Pre owners as possible,

What are the reasons that made you buy your Pre?

Please check all that apply but we are limited to 10 choices. These are the top 10 compiled from the reviews.

- Craig
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 07/01/2009 at 12:21 PM.
  2.    #2  
    PS - Here are other choices I would have added if we could have more than 10 choices:
    * Price - it was cheaper than the alternatives
    * Old phone died or was dying
    * It is NOT an iPhone
    * Internet access, WiFi,3G
    * PDF/Doc/XLS Viewers
    * Initial apps: Sprint TV, Amazon, Facebook, NASCAR, etc.
    * Promise of new applicaitons to come
    * Open Linux Architecture
    * "Universal Search" of your contacts, messages, Google, etc.
    * Email - multiple accounts, easily synced with your computer

- Craig
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    My main reason was that I was switching providers, and Sprint has the cheapest plans and they also happened to be getting a really kick a** phone.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    To me, it seemed to be the best phone for Sprint.
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    you didn't list "Because my treo 650 was 4.5 yrs old"

I was split between multitasking and design
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by bbkat View Post
    you didn't list "Because my treo 650 was 4.5 yrs old"

I was split between multitasking and design
    THat is exactly my old phone and exactly my main reasons.

Remember, you can select as many reasons as fit.

- Craig
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Wheres the vote for "It's on Sprint"

I know a ton of people with a certain "other" brand of phone that need to go outside to make a phonecall or can't get a reliable 3G connection. For me then the Sprint Network is the biggest selling point for the Pre. It's cheap, reliable, affordable and doesn't cost too much.
    How about adding to the options: It's not an APPLE product. That's the most important for me.
    Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
    You should've added the browser as one of the reasons... This is the only phone on Sprint that allows for a true browsing experience.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    How about adding to the options: It's not an APPLE product. That's the most important for me.
    If I had more room I would have included that.

- Craig
    "I dropped my Treo 755p eleventybillion times and it wasn't working anymore and I needed a new phone"

oh, and the pre is a pretty slick phone too.
    Surprised at the number of people who cared about notifications BEFORE purchase. I've found it awesome, but didn't focus on it before purchase. I am a synergy fan, but I'm also the rare breed with 4 calendars that I use often. I also never experienced a BB where my assistant could update my calendar and have it reflect in minutes. For those of us who are blessed to have assistants that keep our calendar, this functionality is PRICELESS.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitalis View Post
    You should've added the browser as one of the reasons... This is the only phone on Sprint that allows for a true browsing experience.
    If this forum would have allowed me to go beyond 10 options, I would have had that as number 13. See the second post in this thread. I searched all of the reviews I could find from before the Pre was released to compile a list of the top 20 reasons but could only use 10.

The biggest fault of the browser is that you cannot find the text you need highlight it and copy it. For years, browsers have had that basic functionality.

Someday soon I hope the pre can catch up with the smart phones of yesterday. For another dozen missing basic features, see the link below.

- Craig
    I think mine was the webos, slide out keyboard combo, It also helped that it was on the sprint network or I probably would have never of gotten it.
    i think what made me get a pre was the mulit task windows - keyboard - and cheap data plan - i had a LG before but it didnt feel right - im very happy that i got a pre - its like everything i needed from a phone - the apps will come
    For me, upgrading from a centro, one of my main answers wasn't listed. I wanted a *real* web browser. If I were still on AT&T I'd probably have an iPhone. Of course, I left AT&T because their prices and network sucked. If Sprint had an iPhone before the Pre came out, I'd probably have an iPhone.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by venm11 View Post
    i think what made me get a pre was the mulit task windows - keyboard - and cheap data plan - i had a LG before but it didnt feel right - im very happy that i got a pre - its like everything i needed from a phone - the apps will come
    I have to admit that price was a big issue for me. AT&T is just insane with their iPhone plans. I am not going to spend $500 a year extra on my family for an IPhone.

- Craig
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    1- I have good experience with the Sprint network
    2- size of the phone
    3- keyboard slides out the bottom
    4- Really liked my Treo and Palm
    5- The looks
    Just plain tired of the same old design dating all the way back to the treo 600p.....actually the 300!!!

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    My 700p was frustrating me more each day & I LOVE the benefits of webOS!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast