View Poll Results: What are the reasons that made you buy your Pre?

Voters
184. You may not vote on this poll
  • Multitasking - multiple applications open at one time

158 85.87%
  • Calendar - combined & linked contacts - Synergy

72 39.13%
  • Music player - syncs with iTunes, normal headphone jack, etc.

48 26.09%
  • Compatibility - use your old Palm applications (Classic)

19 10.33%
  • Design - touchscreen, slide-out keyboard, size, etc.

160 86.96%
  • Touchstone - cordless charger

33 17.93%
  • Notifications - Dashboard on the bottom of the screen

96 52.17%
  • Camera - 3 Megapixel with flash

47 25.54%
  • Battery - removable, 5 hour talk time

27 14.67%
  • Sprint GPS Navigation and Google Maps with no added monthly fee

87 47.28%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Multitasking, physical keyboard and NOT an Apple product were my top three reasons.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Price
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    i came from a loyal windows mobile scene and i loved the customization and accessibility of those devices (once you can flash cusom roms cause the stock ones are a joke) and being able to do EVERYTHING with my ATT Fuze..but i was sick of each rom having its flaws..mostly locking up and using up too much memory and i was sick of not being able to answer calls and so on...soo i needed a phone for my new business and got the pre..and man do i love it! it may not do flash in browser like i could with my fuze..or stream my favorite shoutcast stations from pocketplayer..but pandora is acceptable...so im glad to be a pre owner ive always wanted the fluid graphics like iphone started the scene out with..wm may have touchflo and stuff but its not native..its just a cover over the real wm OS which is old school and outdated..now when wm7 comes out i will definately be all over that
    I'll be honest while multitasking was a very big player in my decision to try the Pre out, another big one was the fact that I hated being lumped into the Apple fanboy (iTard) category. As a Best Buy Mobile associate one of my jobs is to strike up chats with customers to judge their likes and disklikes. Most iPhone owners I meet eventually drift the conversation to how awesome Apple computers are. Sorry, but I couldn't disagree more! I didn't buy an iPhone because Apple made it. I bought one because I enjoy a device that can be a great time killer but still get the job done when it comes to my mobile needs as a college student. I hate Macs with a passion but I do enjoy their mobile platform. Windows 7 / Ubuntu ftw!
    SCH-A890 --> VX 9800 "V" --> VX 9900 "enV" --> Blackberry 8330 --> iPhone 3G --> Palm Pre --> iPhone 3GS
    Wow. Where do I start? I'm what I'd consider a "smartphone connesseiur" and have literally owned and operated at least 50 different phones over the past few years (mostly on AT&T and Sprint...)

The Pre represents a new revolution of simplicity, modernity, style, and speed that encompasses every aspect of a person's life. It's meant to keep you connected, up-to-date, in-the-know, and on-time. What more could you ask for in a mobile device?

Other than a CD/DVD drive, it replaces my laptop!

I have plenty of positive things to say about plenty of other phones I've owned in the past, but none so much as my Palm Pre.

OH - and Sprint hands-down has fastest data network and most reasonable prices/policies.
    It can run old PalmOS apps. The fact that it uses linux and other open source software is another plus.
    a 40 dollar phone bill
    I was waiting for a real iPhone competitor... and Sprint's high-value data plan sealed the deal. Glad I waited. And, glad I didn't wait for a Verizon version.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    yah the plan pricing is amazing..i am paying 50+30 for 450 plus unlimited internet (well really capped at 2gig) with att and im getting the same price with spring but i get unlimited txting..ive never had a txting plan and now all i do is annoy the people in my phone book with txts!
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    i dont know about fastest data network..its fast and i read somewhere that it was put to a test with the other carriers and won..but att has HSDPA and HSUPA..you cant beat that..its capable of 7mbit down and i was getting (while tethering) about 1200kbit speeds with my att fuze..plus its TRUE 3g (data plus voice) which sprint has yet to impliment until EVDV/WiMax is everywhere
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Also internet browsing, email access, not being an iPhone, not requiring me to give Google access to all my personal data.
  12.    #32  
    After a 151 replies, our top reasons for buying were:
    Design - 87.42%
    Multitasking - 86.09%
    GPS - 72 47.68%

There was not room to include more than 10 choices but I think that price would have also been close to the top of the list.

- Craig
    Lets put it this way.. The most compelling reason for me to buy Palm Pre was not to become another Apple wh*re.. :-)

Loved the phone because it beats the crap out of iPhone.
    couldn't resist the poorly built product
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Let's be honest. I bought the Pre because it's the only decent, modern smartphone that Sprint has that isn't running Windows Mobile. Don't get me wrong, I love the phone, but there wasn't much else to do.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paz00kie View Post
    yah the plan pricing is amazing..i am paying 50+30 for 450 plus unlimited internet (well really capped at 2gig) with att and im getting the same price with spring but i get unlimited txting..ive never had a txting plan and now all i do is annoy the people in my phone book with txts!
    You should get 450 + unlimited data + texting for $70 with Sprint, $10 cheaper than you're paying for no texts with ATT
    One of my main reasons is to develop for it without the draconian control Apple exhibits. Hopefully this will still be the case, even with the new developer agreement.
    6/6/09 response to "Got my PRE this morning, NOT Impressed!"
    Quote Originally Posted by TVMA View Post
    poor pre fail
    6/6/09 response to "So those who have the Pre - Rate it out of 10"
    its no iphone killer
    6/18/09 response to "SOLD OUT! When more coming?"
    Got mine today. The person on the wait was a no show by the end of the day and they bumped me up from the wait list. Good and bad. Waited about 5 days, bay area
    6/21/09 response to "My Cracked Screen"
    why i returned my pre and will just wait this whole thing out and see what happens
    7/7/09 response to "What are the reasons that made you buy your Pre?"
    couldn't resist the poorly built product
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I bought it for the design, but I'm keeping it for the multitasking (with hopes of having apps to multi-task in the near future).
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    My reason was I hate At&t. I had the iphone, and tried other carriers and their phones, and none compared. I wanted a phone that had a good web browser that had fast speeds also, so the only one that comes close is Sprint with the Palm Pre. Sure there are some problems with it, but hopefully all will be worked out with future updates. So far though, I am loving it!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12