1.    #1  
    Hi,

I'm new to the forum. Sorry if this has been answered before, but does anyone know how to change the time when the automatic backup occurs? Mine happens at the same time every night but I want it to happen earlier. I didn't see any option to do this on the backup app or when logged into my palm profile.
    I believe if you do a manual backup, the time you did it becomes the new automatic backup time.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, but I did a manual update one afternoon, and the following day it returned to the same automatic evening backup time as always.
    I'm guessing Palm assigns this to your phone so backups across all Pres are spread out throughout the 24hrs in each day. If every Pre did a backup around the same time, their servers would get slammed.
    "There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't"
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    There doesn't appear to be any way to set it at this time. Bugs me too, because my Pre is off at night and thus only gets backed up when I remember to do it myself.
    Palm IIIx-->Palm Vx-->Kyocera 6035-->Kyocera 7135-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p-->Pre
  6.    #6  
    Right, that's why I want to change the backup time also. As far as excessive demand on the backup servers, well, anyone can click the manual backup button whenever they want. I guess that's what I need to do... Thanks.
    This is a new thread that walks you through how to set up an automatic backup of your music, photos, ringtones, wallpaper, etc.:

Backup Your Pre

- Craig