Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    As I sit here at my desk, Thunderbird running in the background, I have to wonder. Is my Pre too perfect? Here is why. My notification comes up on my screen that I have a new email on Thunderbird. At the EXACT same time, my screen on my Pre lights up with the same email. As the screen lights up, an SMS sound notification comes on.

These messages were from The Weather Channel, an email about severe weather and SMS about the same severe weather. Of course I use the Pre to delete the email message, and as I do that I look at Thunderbird and the message magically disappears from my inbox.

I had just gotten off the phone with someone about 5 mins ago and added a calender event in Thunderbird along with their contacts. After I delete the message on the Pre, I go to the calendar and contacts to make sure the update came through, and sure enough they are there.

My wife updated her picture about a half hour ago on Facebook. She called me about 10 minutes ago and told me to look at it cause it was funny. I opened the Pre, go to her contact, and sure enough the picture was there.

And now, Thunderbird just chirped about a meeting I have in 10 minutes, and as I was hitting dismiss on the screen, the Pre chirps with the same meeting.

Awwwww, Pre bliss.........
    It's nice to read a positive experience
    FWIW my Pre, overall, is doing great for me. No bad pixels, screen not twisting, love the threaded messaging and email grabbing. Support from Sprint has been great for me.

Have had some of the software/OS/battery/signal issues that others are having and can think of a ton of things I want to see added/changed like true copy paste, more sound control, "low power" option (somthing that stops "cloud" connections and updates but allows incomming calls) and an "optimized" option for the browser (I love the browser most times but would like the option of going to an optimised mode that reformats for screen like on the treo/centro. Frankly that is more "business friendly" in many circumstances). Most of all MORE APPS!!

But over all very happy with my Pre and looking foward to what is to come
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Posts like these seldom come by these threads. Glad to know that there are people out there, like me, who are having a ball with their Pres.
    I wouldnt say its perfect but still the best smartphone I ever owned. Love it.
    thats whats up... Quick and effortless sync.... LOVE IT
    I do love my Pre. There are obviously bugs to fix and features I still want, but it's a damn good phone.
    Same experiences here. It is great to hear good reviews on the boards.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    same here no problems I was wondering if I should take mine back before my 30 days are up just incase something wrong should happen.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    You, Me, and duPre ( get it? )

After migrating a client for 100 users to exchange from POP and setting up a BES for 30 of the users I have to say the pre connects effortlessly to their Exchange server, much easier than the WinMo phones and the BlackBerrys to the BES.

In fact Id have to say in order of best syncing would be: Pre, iPhone, WinMo and then blackberry.

One of the users has a Pre and before I set his up I used a test account for my Pre, worked great- pulled over emails and some contacts( had no calendar ). So i set his up and bam, it synced like a champ, he was very impressed. Next came the iPhones- pretty easy, but still a few extra steps( unless i took the long way ). Did a couple WinMo phones and then finally all the BlackBerrys, which was a PITA.

I really don't understand the obsession with BlackBerrys.

Lots of people are loving their Pres, and I am one of them. Glad to see others speaking up
    I too have had a good experience with the phone and love it. It can be a little addicting though. Guessing that will wear off since I've only had it about 8 days.
    I agree! It's refreshing to see people with good experiences speaking up. I haven't had a single problem with both of mine since release day. I'm just waiting patiently for more apps, but enjoying Pandora and YouTube a lot
  13.    #13  
    I did have the phone freeze up last night when I opened the camera, but it is the first time in 8 days. WinMo, it was daily, sometimes an hourly occurrence...
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Agree about WiMo locking up hourly. My 800w does it all the time. And even after the reboot, it runs really, really slow. So I am looking forward to my new Pre today. Yeah!!
    Sprint Phones owned since Fall of 2001: Samsung I300, Samsung I330, Samsung I500, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Centro, 800w, Palm Pre, Samsung Epic and now the HTC 3D EVO.
    I too am having nothing, but good experience and it is addicting. Knowing that I have a message and can quickly tap on it and read it is tempting. Also, my online e-mail box is a lot cleaner, because I delete or move the e-mail right after I read it.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I don't think it's too perfect, Goldilocks. It's just right. Now to get my company to implement EAS to get work email and contacts! THAT would be perfect for me!
    Yesterday I was sitting at my desk in front of my computer and needed to update one of my contacts based on an SMS she had sent me. I wanted to see how long it would take to update my EAS account, so I opened up Contacts in Outlook on my desktop and then went onto the Pre and put the new info into the contact. Before I even looked away from the Pre, I saw the screen on my computer refresh out of the corner of my eye and the new contact was there. No *****.
    Quote Originally Posted by poopsie View Post
    As I sit here at my desk, Thunderbird running in the background, I have to wonder. Is my Pre too perfect? Here is why. My notification comes up on my screen that I have a new email on Thunderbird. At the EXACT same time, my screen on my Pre lights up with the same email. As the screen lights up, an SMS sound notification comes on.

These messages were from The Weather Channel, an email about severe weather and SMS about the same severe weather. Of course I use the Pre to delete the email message, and as I do that I look at Thunderbird and the message magically disappears from my inbox.

I had just gotten off the phone with someone about 5 mins ago and added a calender event in Thunderbird along with their contacts. After I delete the message on the Pre, I go to the calendar and contacts to make sure the update came through, and sure enough they are there.

My wife updated her picture about a half hour ago on Facebook. She called me about 10 minutes ago and told me to look at it cause it was funny. I opened the Pre, go to her contact, and sure enough the picture was there.

And now, Thunderbird just chirped about a meeting I have in 10 minutes, and as I was hitting dismiss on the screen, the Pre chirps with the same meeting.

Awwwww, Pre bliss.........
    Lol, sounds like a commercial..
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I too like my Pre. My work exchange and home POP3 email is on my phone and having no issues. A few times the phone shutdown when closing the slider but I am not returning it for that. But other than that the phone has been great. I would like to see some software changes but that will come with time.
    My Pre is doing great as well. Just last Friday left for a float trip and had good signal for the majority of the time. Went on roaming at the campgrounds/river which is FREE for Simply Everything plan subscribers! Streamed Pandora off an on during the car rides, checked Accuweather, found a storm coming and let everyone know. Took several photos which looked really good and sent them to Facebook and some to Photobucket and others via SMS and email to friends. Had several notification for emails and SMS messages and did some wikipedia and Google lookups. Added a couple calendar items and played some on-board music at the campsite connected to portable speakers. We actually used my Pre as a speakerphone/conference tool by leaving it connected to the speakers and called some friends, all of us could here them on the portable speakers and we could all talk to them and they didn't have any reception issues. It was fun. Have only used the "sleeping bag" the Pre came with for protection and it is still looking like new, no scratches, no pixel issues, no slider issues, none of the stuff people seem to complain about. I had lots of iPhone users around me and they were all very impressed with my phone and the features and was very complimentary. Nice float weekend indeed.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast