Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have gmail open on my computer and always hear the Pre chime to alert me before the inbox updates on the webpage. Amazing...
    My Pre actually gets my alerts, IM's, emails, calendar info, quicker than my PC does. It has centralized a lot of things - sync with my Google calendar, my work calendar, Facebook events, are all seamless and perfect. It has become a perfect message center, and it has helped me become far more productive at work. Trying to do the same thing on my old WinMo phone was futile, but the Pre does it all*, and looks better doing it. It may not be the perfect phone for everyone - I don't think any one phone can be - but it is the perfect phone for me already. The anticipation of applications to add new functionality to my perfect device is just icing on the cake

*Working in a dominantly OSS based office, I don't have to deal with Exchange/EAS, or other non-comparable systems. My Pre was happy with my office infrastructure right off the bat. YMMV in corporate or Exchange based environments.

Quote Originally Posted by aznicktwit View Post
    I too have had a good experience with the phone and love it. It can be a little addicting though. Guessing that will wear off since I've only had it about 8 days.
    I hate to say it (not really), but if your experience mirrors mine, that won't be the case. I've had mine since release day and I'm still poking away at it far too much, with a face splitting grin on my face every time. My WinMo phone never saw this much usage. I hate to think what will happen once there are more apps to play with. My job might be on the line at that point.
    Palm III -> Palm M100 -> Palm VII -> Tmobile MDA (The 3 year mistake) -> Palm Pre

Hello, Palm. Good to have you back. Let's just pretend that the whole "me leaving you for WinMo" thing never happened, OK?
    i like my pre alot - it makes me happy to see postson how pre is donig well
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    My Pre r0x0rs ma boxers! Somehow, the battery life indicator got fixed, so life is sweeet.
    Great story. I'm starting to use my calendar and tasks features a lot. These reminders really help me a lot.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by serqet View Post
    I don't think it's too perfect, Goldilocks. It's just right. Now to get my company to implement EAS to get work email and contacts! THAT would be perfect for me!
    Hehe, I am guessing you are referring to my avatar. That is my wife and daughter, me, no hair
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    I too am enjoying my Pre very much. The apps will come in time as will updates.
    you have a pre and a beautiful family. you are blessed.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    happy everything is going good , its all going great for me aswell
    It's changed my life for the better.
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    you have a pre and a beautiful family. you are blessed.
    Thanks! Couldn't agree more-
    Mine's also been pretty much perfect. I came to this with strange expectations. I have never owned a cell phone before, but I've had a few PDAs, and I'm an analyst/sysadmin for a large UNIX-based webhosting company. Technology is where I live, for better or worse, and I like solid, mature products. So, taking a chance on the Pre was a little out of character for me. When I set things up, the first thing I realized was just how sloppy I'd been with organizing my Gmail contacts. That's my fault, of course, and I spent an hour or so fixing that. Then, things just worked. No flaws, no hiccups, no problems. I even rooted it and started tweaking.

I think that a lot of people miss the fact that most people tend to expect devices to work. They don't point out that it works. They only point out when it doesn't. Any claims about failure percentages for the Pre, or any other device, that don't account for non-failing devices will be incorrect.
    I really love this phone, too. Not that there aren't improvements to be made, but the level of thought that went into every feature is extremely impressive. I find a new feature all the time, and marvel that someone actually thought this might come up. Example: Today, I decided to change my wallpaper from one photo that I have been using to another. I imported the photo by putting the Pre in USB mode, and copying the photo to the Pre's hard drive. Then, I went to Photos and opened the photo. Using the menu, I could select the option to use the photo as the phone's wallpaper. However, the photo was in landscape mode, and I wanted to focus on the two people in the middle, not the entire picture. So, I used the touch screen gestures, moved my thumb and forefinger apart and made the picture bigger. Then I centered it how I wanted it to display. Then I went to the menu and selected the "set as wallpaper" option.

Voila! (Or wallah, to some of you). The zoomed picture became my wallpaper in portrait mode, exactly as modified by me. Now, who at Palm though about that and made it so I could not only use a photo, but resize it and then set it as my wallpaper? That's just great attention to detail.
    Quote Originally Posted by meriwether View Post
    I really love this phone, too. Not that there aren't improvements to be made, but the level of thought that went into every feature is extremely impressive. I find a new feature all the time, and marvel that someone actually thought this might come up. Example: Today, I decided to change my wallpaper from one photo that I have been using to another. I imported the photo by putting the Pre in USB mode, and copying the photo to the Pre's hard drive. Then, I went to Photos and opened the photo. Using the menu, I could select the option to use the photo as the phone's wallpaper. However, the photo was in landscape mode, and I wanted to focus on the two people in the middle, not the entire picture. So, I used the touch screen gestures, moved my thumb and forefinger apart and made the picture bigger. Then I centered it how I wanted it to display. Then I went to the menu and selected the "set as wallpaper" option.

Voila! (Or wallah, to some of you). The zoomed picture became my wallpaper in portrait mode, exactly as modified by me. Now, who at Palm though about that and made it so I could not only use a photo, but resize it and then set it as my wallpaper? That's just great attention to detail.
    You can do the same with photos for your Contacts thumbnails.
    I bought my Pre on launch day and was so excited to show it off and play with all the new features. After the initial excitement wore off, I began to make comparisons to the things I missed from my old Centro that the Pre is unable to do just yet. Lists help me order my thoughts, so I wrote down all the pros and cons and really focused on what I need for my phone to do. That helped me make up my mind to keep the Pre. I haven't had any major problems that a few updates and developed apps can't fix. I'm glad to finally see a post that talks about the many pluses and potential that this phone has.
    I think most Pre owners are the same as the OP. They are too busy enjoying their phone to bother posting in a forum they are.
    The pre is like a dream come true. Everytime I was at the mall everytime I paid a bill I would harass customer service people to give up the secret to when I could take my 800 outside and smash the heck out of it. And now its here email like everyone says is flipping amazing no hour delay between when i see the message, no double deleting the messages, no more missing contact info for my customers. Process credit cards on site at customers places gets me paid faster... over all idc what people say. I think all platforms suck and everything should be web based. Doesnt matter what computer I am on all I need is a browser (quickbooks online, google docs, gmail, custom gmail for my biz,facebook, picasa) those with problems live in the past this phone is far to future for your small brain to comprehend. Information and knowledge and how fast you can get it is the new money and this phone delivers. Cheers to Palm.
    treo 650 > treo 700w > treo 800 > palm pre > evo 4g > 3vo

galaxy tab 7
    htc evo view
    Thanks a bunch for sharing your positive experience! Most people just come here to whine, and personally I think the Pre is simply amazing as well.
    Thanks for this post show me that not everyone is having problems with the phone makes me have hope
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12