1.    #1  
    So I want to get a Pre but I don't qualify for an upgrade right now. I could either upgrade my fiance's phone and swap it with my phone or buy one on ebay. Right now, the difference seems to be about $50 more just to buy one on ebay.

My concern is with all the hardware issues I'm hearing about the Pre, what are the odds of getting a dud? Should I wait?
    My only concern with that is, what if you get some dead pixels or, screen blotchiness. Not to say you will, because I got mine a week a half ago and have had no issues at all, it is, as we call it, perfect at least for my standards. So, if you get one that is bad, what are you going to do? As we say in the flying world "Always have an out".
    I got my pre for 400 on ebay. Came as new, still sealed in the box. No dead pixels or hardware issues after having it for about a week.

Just make sure the seller is reputable, andprobably pay with paypal for buyer protection. Also, after activating I would probably get sprint's total equip protection plan, which you can add on ebay phones no problem
  4.    #4  
    Has anyone else purchased a Pre on ebay?
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KallDrexx View Post
    I got my pre for 400 on ebay. Came as new, still sealed in the box. No dead pixels or hardware issues after having it for about a week.

Just make sure the seller is reputable, andprobably pay with paypal for buyer protection. Also, after activating I would probably get sprint's total equip protection plan, which you can add on ebay phones no problem
    What seller did you buy it from? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by dgravo View Post
    What seller did you buy it from? Thanks.
    Vantage Communications

eBay Seller: vantagecommunications: Cell Phones PDAs, Electronics items on eBay.com

IF you look at feedback you'll see that I'm not the only one who has gotten a pre from them.
    If you get a Pre from eBay that's defective you can try this:

Sign up for the equipment protection and repair program (EPRP) when you call in to activate the phone. EPRP covers manufacturer defects so all you have to do is go to a Sprint store and swap it out. EPRP runs $4/month with no deductible as well.