1.    #1  
    I have my pre on vibrate most of the time. I could be wrong here but it almost feels like when I get a text message alert the vibrate lasts a little longer than an email alert. Am I right? If so, thats a neat little feature
    Yep, I agree. Also calendar alerts are longer. The email vibration is somewhat distinct. I think I am learning to be able to tell the difference just by feel. Too bad we can't get any differentiation on the sounds too (I know, pimpmypre could do it, but I didn't install it because it couldn't be deleted--I'm scared of the non-official stuff).
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    i modified my rooted pre to vibrate for 3 seconds when i get a new text message - helps alot. i need to write up instructions, wasn't hard to do at all. anybody with a wiki account want to do that for me if i send you instructions?

i also used the "pager/nagger" wiki instructions and modified it to flash the button LED a few times too since when on vibrate switch the pager sound doesn't play. works ok
    Cool! I really hope we'll see a good stable Butler type of application that will allow this kind of functionality. Your post gives me hope it can be done.
  5.    #5  
    Defintley could use a butler type app.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by moserjj View Post
    i modified my rooted pre to vibrate for 3 seconds when i get a new text message - helps alot. i need to write up instructions, wasn't hard to do at all. anybody with a wiki account want to do that for me if i send you instructions?

i also used the "pager/nagger" wiki instructions and modified it to flash the button LED a few times too since when on vibrate switch the pager sound doesn't play. works ok
    Yes please!
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by moserjj View Post
    If nothing else, post here! Short vibrate is my biggest gripe right now. My Pre is sitting on the desk, and I haven't felt a single email come in all night.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsabo View Post
    If nothing else, post here! Short vibrate is my biggest gripe right now. My Pre is sitting on the desk, and I haven't felt a single email come in all night.
    I am the same way, I hate that the vibrate is so short. I must keep my phone on silent most of the day but I miss most of my notifications because it is so short. I like that the Instinct (shudders at the thought) Would vibrate 3 times for texts and emails.
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    On my Treo, work email was a single vibrate, personal was a double vibrate. Was very handy to know without looking what account was getting hit.
    GO BUY AN IPHONE!!!!!!

I noticed that has been the latest trend with some users here... I felt this thread would be left out with out one of those comments. And to add to the OP, I haven't really paid attention enough to notice LOL
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    i will post instructions for yu