Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Badandy127 View Post
    Forget it. I explained my position fully. No use responding to your patronizing comments.
    So you've decided the Pre isn't for you. Why stay? Does it add value to your life? If it does, you need some help. There are a million better things you can do than argue on a forum for a device you don't have nor want.

But hey, if you want to waste what short life you have on this planet, go ahead...waste away.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Better Network for my needs. You are a Palm Fanboy, admit it.
    Fanboy calling another person a fanboy. Classic Internetz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlan View Post
    So you've decided the Pre isn't for you. Why stay? Does it add value to your life?
    I like discussing technology. I already said that.

If it does, you need some help. There are a million better things you can do than argue on a forum for a device you don't have nor want.
    But hey, if you want to waste what short life you have on this planet, go ahead...waste away.[/QUOTE]

So now you want to argue who has the better life? Look in the mirror, here you are complaining about me being here...
    I like discussing technology. I already said that.
    Discussing, or complaining? There are PLENTY of 'neutral' forums to discuss the technology. A dedicated Palm specific forum is not one of those.

So now you want to argue who has the better life? Look in the mirror, here you are complaining about me being here...
    I'm not arguing who has the better life. I'm suggesting you use what short time we have to live and do something better with it. Learn to read.
    Discussing, or complaining? There are PLENTY of 'neutral' forums to discuss the technology. A dedicated Palm specific forum is not one of those.
    I was going to buy a Pre. I signed up on this forum. I still think it's a cool device and like reading about it. Sue me.
    I was going to buy a Pre. I signed up on this forum. I still think it's a cool device and like reading about it. Sue me.
    Well, maybe you should do that then; READ about it. Because you're not doing ANYTHING to contribute to this forum.
    Suing you would be a waste of my time. I take it you will stay here and complain about the Pre rather than spending your time constructively discussing issues about your iToaster 3GS on an iPhone forum?

I hope you spend more time lurking and less time complaining or stirring up the natives.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Hey...um...any of you mind possibly taking your flaming back and forth *****fest to one of the dozen other threads that have it instead of raking mine through the mud into a "should you read and comment on a site of a device you don't own" debate?
    Yeah, um you don't own the thread. Haven't you moved onto a 3GS?
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Nope, taking tomorrow to try and kind of make a pro's and con list and spend some actual time thinking about whether or not to keep the Pre or try the iPhone for 30 days and make a decision at that point.

And yeah, I don't own the thread...that said, completely and utterly derailing a thread and driving it completely off topic is a rather crappy way to use a thread, regardless of who started it.
    Fanboy calling another person a fanboy. Classic Internetz.
    Fanboy, accusing someone else of being a fanboy calling another person a fanboy. Classic internetz (spelling?)
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Well, in the end I kept my Pre.

This was in part due to:

1. Stepping back and simply realizing that its only been a month
    2. Palm and their sneaky ways releasing the fact that we should be seeing apps soon just days before my return

Now that the 30 days has passed, I really don't regret the decision. I think a lot of it was simple cold feet, knowing I was going to have this device/plan for 2 years after not being on a contract for...well, since I first started using cell service.

While I have a slight wobble, the build on my Pre has really impressed me and I still do love that keyboard and the gesture area is nice. Still absolutely love that its as small as my Touch Diamond but with a bigger screen and a keyboard. Most of my issues I'm going to cross my fingers and hope in the next 6 months or so they start getting corrected.

In the end, it does almost everything I want from it. There ARE some glaring needs missing, like a scrubber on the music app, but I'm sure they'll come in time. So going to cross my fingers, put my trust in Palm, and hope over the next 2 to 5 months we start seeing a decent flood of apps and some Os tweaks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Well, in the end I kept my Pre.
    Conflict over. Close thread. Pre wins!
    Perhaps you just did it, but it might be useful to others to share your particular pro's and con's list.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Sorry I didn't get to this thread sooner. To address the OP's original questions, I think you're likely going to be waiting close to a year to see some of the software that you're hoping for. This was my main factor in choosing an iPhone 3GS over the Palm pre. In a year I'll be willing to pay an early termination fee if the Palm pre software situation looks better than the iPhone for my wants/needs.

Unfortunately, it's wishful thinking to believe that there are going to be a significant number of 3rd party apps available in the next 6 months. The SDK hasn't been released and, last I heard, app code couldn't be obfuscated, so unless you're a developer in the "business" of making all of your code open-source, why would you touch the platform until that issue had been resolved? I suspect that Palm *will* resolve it, but I don't believe they have yet.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    You guys know that Badandy127 and mobileman come on to post negative comments. Either put them on your ignore list. Go to your userCP and go to settings & options portion.

Someone recommended it in a previous thread I subscribed to and you'd be amazed at how nice the thread became when you weren't reading the post of people who are posting just to be disagreeable or annoy you. Or ignore their post and don't respond. Either way, if they don't get the response they want they'll loose interest.

Perhaps we should start a thread labeled user names of people who post just to annoy Pre owners and how to get rid of the irritant. Whenever someone finds a new person, we add them to list. People can check posts of the people who are mentioned and see if they agree, if they do, they add them to their ignore list.

Soon nothing they post will be read by ongoing forum members and they'll learn to post with common courtesy, stay on topic, or just leave. Either way, we'll end up with a thread where we see the helpful comments of people who are trying to help you navigate your Pre instead of negate your purchase.
    Last edited by bdhu2001; 07/06/2009 at 09:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    You guys know that Badandy127 and mobileman come on to post negative comments. Either put them on your ignore list. Go to your userCP and go to settings & options portion.
    But I thought we were best buddies.
    Don't worry. I'll pick up where they left off Seriously though, should this just be a Pre love fest where everyone lives on some Pre utopia in the cloud, and the Pre is just the perfect device for everybody and has no flaws? If someone comes in with a problem, we should all just make him feel warm and fuzzy about his purchase? Yeah, that makes sense.

Negative comments aren't bad. For some they're just reality. Like on most product forums, people are very defensive and apologetic about the flaws and shortcomings and are quick to bash anything negative that is posted.

I ditched my Pre, but I hang around because coworkers are interested in it, and I might come back to it some day. I now own a Treo Pro and still have my Centro. So there's still plenty of room on this site. Granted, I'm at the point where I could really care less about posting negative things about the Pre, but if it's a feature I cared about and wanted to see, I'm sure I'll stick my two cents in about it, and I won't be apologetic.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Originally posted by crogs571:
    should this just be a Pre love fest where everyone lives on some Pre utopia in the cloud, and the Pre is just the perfect device for everybody and has no flaws? If someone comes in with a problem, we should all just make him feel warm and fuzzy about his purchase? Yeah, that makes sense.
    If you look at the bugs, issues, and fixes threads, this forum isn't a love fest. It's the same as the Treo or 1src forums where people go to learn intriguing things about their device and post real questions that users can answer or assist with.

When a thread is started, we simply want it to stay on topic so that readers don't click on a thread labeled "Why I love my Pre" and end up flood of other people's opinions of why they think the Pre should have more apps, was released too early or many other things that takes the thread off topic.

If people insist upon doing otherwise, then it's time to put them on the ignore list and share your thoughts with others as to why they should be ignored.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast