Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    So, you're leaving???? Suwheet!!!
    I invite you again to ignore my account. You really need to start your own forum so you can set you own rules.

1. Only people that have positive things to say about Palm can post.
    2. Only people that dont actually live in reality and dont recognize the Pre shortcomings can post
    3. Only people with limited knowledge of the Pre can post (for example, you giving any advice about Exchange and the Pre limitations with it.)
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    I invite you again to ignore my account. You really need to start your own forum so you can set you own rules.

1. Only people that have positive things to say about Palm can post.
    2. Only people that dont actually live in reality and dont recognize the Pre shortcomings can post
    3. Only people with limited knowledge of the Pre can post (for example, you giving any advice about Exchange and the Pre limitations with it.)
    I think I'll pass, I'd rather be able to see your ridiculous posts so I can counter them. I'm curious though, exactly how many people have you helped with their Pre, or with their Exchange account?

1. I have no issues with folks posting negative things about the Pre. My issue is when those who come on here and do nothing but that.
    2. Actually, I recognize the shortcomings, and choose to accept them. You, on the other hand, spend hours on a posting on a forum that's there to support a device that you've relegated to "uselessness" by your own admission. I put it to you, which of us is actually living outside "reality"?
    3. See the paragraph above. I'm pleased that I was able to help several folks get their Pres working with their Exchange systems. Had they listened solely to you, theirs too might be sitting unused and unconnected.

What a waste - and no, I'm not talking about your Pre.
    I think I'll pass, I'd rather be able to see your ridiculous posts so I can counter them. I'm curious though, exactly how many people have you helped with their Pre, or with their Exchange account?

1. I have no issues with folks posting negative things about the Pre. My issue is when those who come on here and do nothing but that.
    2. Actually, I recognize the shortcomings, and choose to accept them. You, on the other hand, spend hours on a posting on a forum that's there to support a device that you've relegated to "uselessness" by your own admission. I put it to you, which of us is actually living outside "reality"?
    3. See the paragraph above. I'm pleased that I was able to help several folks get their Pres working with their Exchange systems. Had they listened solely to you, theirs too might be sitting unused and unconnected.

What a waste - and no, I'm not talking about your Pre.
    1. Get over it, this is a forum to discuss issues/likes/dislikes about the Pre. If you dont like what people have to say, maybe you should find something else to do with your time.

2. Your not helping though when you give false/ incorrect information thats either intentional or not.
    I have absolutely no knowledge about your coverage area. I didn't respond to a comment about your coverage area. You made another one of your typical statements about your favorite network/phone on the Pre forum, and I responded. Here was your statement:

Nothing about your local network, just a broad statement about availability on a better network, and a clear implication that in it's current state, it's not a "useful device".

Bud, you're a troll. Time to admit it.

Better Network for my needs. You are a Palm Fanboy, admit it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Better Network for my needs. You are a Palm Fanboy, admit it.
    Nice to see you've clarified that, finally. Of course, you didn't originally say that. When your nonsense is pointed out, you seem to get very defensive. I wonder why that is?

BTW, I'm posting on a Pre forum, about the Pre, helping folks when I can.
    You, on the other hand, come on the Pre forum to disparage the device, and proclaim the advantages of the another device.
    I've never logged on to an iPhone forum.
    I think it's pretty obvious who the "fanboy" is...
    Nice to see you've clarified that, finally. Of course, you didn't originally say that. When your nonsense is pointed out, you seem to get very defensive. I wonder why that is?

BTW, I'm posting on a Pre forum, about the Pre, helping folks when I can.
    You, on the other hand, come on the Pre forum to disparage the device, and proclaim the advantages of the another device.
    I've never logged on to an iPhone forum.
    I think it's pretty obvious who the "fanboy" is...
    I belong to this forum. I don't own a Pre. I own an iPhone 3GS. Am I automatically a fanboy because I'm a fan of consumer electronics and several forums call me one when I point out misrepresentations of the iPhone's features?
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    This thread is now officially a b*tchfest.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Badandy127 View Post
    I belong to this forum. I don't own a Pre. I own an iPhone 3GS. Am I automatically a fanboy because I'm a fan of consumer electronics and several forums call me one when I point out misrepresentations of the iPhone's features?
    Why would you belong and post on a forum for a product that you do not own? Do you own a Honda, and spend your days posting on Toyota forums? Do you own a Toshiba TV and post on Sony forums?

If your sole purpose of being here is to point out misrepresentations about the IPhone, you have to be a paid Apple employee. If you are not, you really must have nothing better to do with your time, and I feel pretty bad for you.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    I own a Pre, never owned an Iphone...funny, never thought about getting on an Iphone forum just to post about a phone I don't own. Maybe that is just me though
    Absolutely not. I don't think I ever accused you of being a "fanboy", nor have I disparaged anyone (mobileman included) for correcting folks about the iPhone's features. I don't talk about the iPhone much, since I don't have one, and I don't think I've ever talked about it's features of lack there of.

I don't quite understand why your post is directed at me, I said nothing about you or your opinions. However, go back and re-read the posts from the person I quoted. I think his "mission" on here is pretty obvious...
    Quote Originally Posted by Siraris View Post
    Why would you belong and post on a forum for a product that you do not own? Do you own a Honda, and spend your days posting on Toyota forums? Do you own a Toshiba TV and post on Sony forums?

If your sole purpose of being here is to point out misrepresentations about the IPhone, you have to be a paid Apple employee. If you are not, you really must have nothing better to do with your time, and I feel pretty bad for you.
    Amen to that.

Don't feel bad, you don't know me. Thanks for the concern though.

I'm a fan of electronics, what more do I need to say? I was going to get the Pre, came onto this forum to ask some questions about it, and kind of stuck because I genuinely like technology and think the Pre is cool.

(BTW, I do go on a car forum every once in a while because I like cars and enjoy discussing them. If someone misrepresents how fast my car is, I'll speak up with some personal experiences. If not, I'll just read what people think about other topics.)

I'm a fan of electronics, what more do I need to say? I was going to get the Pre, came onto this forum to ask some questions about it, and kind of stuck because I genuinely like technology and think the Pre is cool.

(BTW, I do go on a car forum every once in a while because I like cars and enjoy discussing them. If someone misrepresents how fast my car is, I'll speak up with some personal experiences. If not, I'll just read what people think about other topics.)
    Do you REALLY think anybody is buying that?
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts

Feel bad? Why would I feel bad? I don't spend my days talking about products I don't own, and trying to defend products that I do. See, what you don't understand is, most people don't care what you have to say. You aren't going to change peoples minds, all you're going to do is get disparaged because you are trying to defend a product on a rival products forum. You are, in every essence of the phrase, wasting your time.

I am a fan of electronics as well, as are millions of others out there. The difference is, 99.9% of the people out there who love electronics, are secure enough in their purchases to have them, use them, enjoy them, and perhaps sometimes discuss the products with fellow users. They don't spend their time trying to defend their product to competitors, as it's, again, a waste of time.

I'm all for discussing electronics, that's why I'm here. The only thing is, I own a Pre, and I'm here to discuss my experience, and learn about new features or what other people are experiencing. You are here to create conflict, and defend a product on a website that is not even dedicated to the product you are defending.

So again, you either have too much time on your hands, you enjoy creating conflict and disparaging other products, or you're an Apple employee, because I cannot figure out any other logical reason why you'd be here.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    Do you REALLY think anybody is buying that?
    Buying what? Look through my first posts, I was asking questions to see if the Pre was right for me. It wasn't, no harm done. Then, if you look at my browsing history (which you probably don't have access to), I read threads mostly. Then, I sometimes call out lies people perpetuate about my current phone. On the Mac forum I belong to (macrumors.com) I defend the Pre is someone makes an illegimate point about it. There's nothing to lie about, I don't really understand why anyone wouldn't buy it.

If you're talking about my car story, Leftlane – news, reviews, and info for the auto-industry is what I read and sometimes comment on.

See, what you don't understand is, most people don't care what you have to say. You aren't going to change peoples minds, all you're going to do is get disparaged because you are trying to defend a product on a rival products forum. You are, in every essence of the phrase, wasting your time.
    And you don't think you are right now?
    Feel bad? Why would I feel bad? I don't spend my days talking about products I don't own, and trying to defend products that I do. See, what you don't understand is, most people don't care what you have to say. You aren't going to change peoples minds, all you're going to do is get disparaged because you are trying to defend a product on a rival products forum. You are, in every essence of the phrase, wasting your time.

I am a fan of electronics as well, as are millions of others out there. The difference is, 99.9% of the people out there who love electronics, are secure enough in their purchases to have them, use them, enjoy them, and perhaps sometimes discuss the products with fellow users. They don't spend their time trying to defend their product to competitors, as it's, again, a waste of time.

I'm all for discussing electronics, that's why I'm here. The only thing is, I own a Pre, and I'm here to discuss my experience, and learn about new features or what other people are experiencing. You are here to create conflict, and defend a product on a website that is not even dedicated to the product you are defending.

So again, you either have too much time on your hands, you enjoy creating conflict and disparaging other products, or you're an Apple employee, because I cannot figure out any other logical reason why you'd be here.
    ^What he said^

I vote that the above be placed on a sticky, and be made part of policy. Not just here, but on forums all over the 'net All in favor?
    I vote that the above be placed on a sticky, and be made part of policy. Not just here, but on forums all over the 'net All in favor?
    Aye!!
    Forget it. I explained my position fully. No use responding to your patronizing comments.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast