Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My signature says it all
    Quote Originally Posted by wordweaver View Post
    iJaculate somewhere else
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I can't imagine anyone talking about the ATT network, and comparing it as "better" to Sprint's, then expecting to be taken seriously.
    It's entirely dependent on location. You seriously think Sprint's network is better than ATT's in every location where cell phone users exist in the U.S.? Now that's laughable.
    Originally posted by mobileman:
    Not returning it (didnt pay for it to begin with). I also do not pay the monthly fee. So now please stop with the petty attacks. I'm Curious to see what Palm does with some software upgrades.

I think with some upgrades, hardware revisions, and availability on a better network the Pre will be a useful device.
    No where did I attack you, but you do have an agenda. Even for something I didn't pay for, I wouldn't keep it on my desk as a waste of space. Give it to someone who needs a phone, you don't so it serves no purpose for you. If you're very happy with your iPhone, stick with it. If you'll note, I never knock your device or an iPhone user. Thus, I do not make petty attacks, I make observations and point out the obvious.
    I would argue that overall sprint is better coverage in the US, hard to say though, I know it is true for California at least.

Couple a decent network with free roaming, and you get a network that is as good as everyone else *shrug*
    iJaculate somewhere else
    Quote Originally Posted by Badandy127 View Post
    It's entirely dependent on location. You seriously think Sprint's network is better than ATT's in every location where cell phone users exist in the U.S.? Now that's laughable.
    Exactly. Plus there is a difference between indoor coverage and outdoor coverage. I have 5 bars outside my house, but only 1 bar inside. At my office, it's 2 bars outside, and in my actual office inside, the pre bounces from 1 bar of 1x to 5 bars roaming on VZ.

At a local theater, my wife's iphone had 4 bars and worked great, but the Pre had no signal.

Not to mention all the jumping back and forth kills battery life. I have resorted to using airplane mode and wifi on at the office to keep the battery life reasonable.

This is SF Bay Area, and no some random rural area. AT&T is MUCH better here than Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
    Exactly. Plus there is a difference between indoor coverage and outdoor coverage. I have 5 bars outside my house, but only 1 bar inside. At my office, it's 2 bars outside, and in my actual office inside, the pre bounces from 1 bar of 1x to 5 bars roaming on VZ.

At a local theater, my wife's iphone had 4 bars and worked great, but the Pre had no signal.

Not to mention all the jumping back and forth kills battery life. I have resorted to using airplane mode and wifi on at the office to keep the battery life reasonable.

This is SF Bay Area, and no some random rural area. AT&T is MUCH better here than Sprint.
    How does that make sense, at the very least your pre should have roamed to another network, never have I seen my pre with no signal even out hiking, sure it roams but thats about it.

I have also been all around the bay area with my phone with no signal problems

If sprints signal is really that bad just put it in roam only mode *shrug*

I call bs
    iJaculate somewhere else
    I'm also getting hesitant. I love the pre, but I have some serious concerns about the SDK, and limitations that might come from it. I'm considering switching to tmobile and an android phone. I have another week or so before I have to make my decision, and I'm really hoping that something happens to make my fears go away by mid-month, when my decision time is.

A coworker of mine has the android G1 from tmobile, and I'm really impressed at what the homebrew community has done with it. I'm hoping for something similar for the palm pre.

I realise I'm being impatient, and expecting a lot in the 15 or so days left before I can return my phone, but it's a hard feeling to overcome, you know?
    Originally posted by Integrals:
    How does that make sense, at the very least your pre should have roamed to another network, never have I seen my pre with no signal even out hiking, sure it roams but thats about it.

I have also been all around the bay area with my phone with no signal problems

If sprints signal is really that bad just put it in roam only mode *shrug*

I call bs
    Thank you for your post. I'm on a family plan at Verizon and have moved to Sprint for the Pre. I live in Central CA, but my kids live in SF. I'm moving my family members over one per month and I was getting concerned that it wouldn't work for the SF members.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    I'm beginning to lean towards potentially returning it and grabbing an iPhone to do much as I've done with the Pre. Try it out, see how it suits my needs, and evaluate before the 30 day mark.

If at that point there's been some significant Pre news or I find that he usability is just not that significantly greater for the iPhone I may return and head back to the Pre fully and completely. If at that point it seems instead the iPhone is a better fit for now I'd probably keep it and re-evaluate come the new year. Either way, I can't imagine not keeping an eye on the WebOS community and how it progresses. If the Pre fixes the majority of the things I a unhappy about by that point I'd probably gladly pay the fee's to drop carrier...or hell, by that point there may be a WebOS option out on Apple.

However, still unsure on this part. I'm going to give it another day (I only have a few though sadly) and then sit down and make a pro's and con's list. It may very well come down, as one person said, to me not being ready for being on the ground floor of an OS. I did that once before, 10 years ago almost with PocketPC. Since then I've been spoiled by WinMo and the maturity of the platform and that may be the main cause for the issues here with me.
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    The Pre was designed primarily to sync multiple sources. If you're not paying for a service, then you obviously, it's not working well.

I can't imagine anyone talking about the ATT network, and comparing it as "better" to Sprint's, then expecting to be taken seriously.
    As a whole with AT&T, I agree. In my area of Grand Rapids, MI though I almost crapped myself when I discovered that AT&T coverage is actually pretty good and in fact better than Sprint. I thought it would be garbage and make me feel confident in keeping my Pre, but not so.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    I'm beginning to lean towards potentially returning it and grabbing an iPhone to do much as I've done with the Pre. Try it out, see how it suits my needs, and evaluate before the 30 day mark.

If at that point there's been some significant Pre news or I find that he usability is just not that significantly greater for the iPhone I may return and head back to the Pre fully and completely. If at that point it seems instead the iPhone is a better fit for now I'd probably keep it and re-evaluate come the new year. Either way, I can't imagine not keeping an eye on the WebOS community and how it progresses. If the Pre fixes the majority of the things I a unhappy about by that point I'd probably gladly pay the fee's to drop carrier...or hell, by that point there may be a WebOS option out on Apple.

However, still unsure on this part. I'm going to give it another day (I only have a few though sadly) and then sit down and make a pro's and con's list. It may very well come down, as one person said, to me not being ready for being on the ground floor of an OS. I did that once before, 10 years ago almost with PocketPC. Since then I've been spoiled by WinMo and the maturity of the platform and that may be the main cause for the issues here with me.
    That's what I did. I just got an iPhone 3G S the other day and was expecting garbage ATT coverage to make me feel confident in my Pre purchase. Not the case. I feel like at this point in time, the 3G S more suits my needs and maybe in 6-12 months I can switch back to a Verizon Pre or other WebOS device. Would love a more solid WebOS on a bigger touch screen with no phys keyboard. I think the Pre is going back... as soon as I can get my contacts off of it
    The Pre was designed primarily to sync multiple sources. If you're not paying for a service, then you obviously, it's not working well.

Incredible you can make an assumption like that with the limited knowledge you have about coverage in my area. Where I live and work, Sprint has by far the worst coverage and building penetration than the other networks (tmobile excluded).
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    No where did I attack you, but you do have an agenda. Even for something I didn't pay for, I wouldn't keep it on my desk as a waste of space. Give it to someone who needs a phone, you don't so it serves no purpose for you. If you're very happy with your iPhone, stick with it. If you'll note, I never knock your device or an iPhone user. Thus, I do not make petty attacks, I make observations and point out the obvious.
    Of course to you I have an agenda. You and other people here cant accept the fact that not everybody loves the Pre in its current state.
    No. I respect and accept it. My son want an iPhone, his friends in SF have it so he sees itls uses. My only statement was that you donlt like the Pre so give it to someone who likes it & will use it.In otherwords, give up the Pre & accept your own decision.Your like the kid with a toy who doesn't play with it, but doesn't want anyone else to have it. Again I point out, I never said you or anyone else should like the Pre.You're adding opinions that I've never voiced. A wellknown tactic of dissingenuos.
    No. I respect and accept it. My son want an iPhone, his friends in SF have it so he sees itls uses. My only statement was that you donlt like the Pre so give it to someone who likes it & will use it.In otherwords, give up the Pre & accept your own decision.Your like the kid with a toy who doesn't play with it, but doesn't want anyone else to have it. Again I point out, I never said you or anyone else should like the Pre.You're adding opinions that I've never voiced. A wellknown tactic of dissingenuos.
    Say What????????

I am suppose to give away my Pre because I don't love it? I don't love my car either, should I give that away too?

Some of the stuff the Palm apologists posts here are amazing.
    Originally posted by mobileman:
    Say What????????

I am suppose to give away my Pre because I don't love it? I don't love my car either, should I give that away too?

Some of the stuff the Palm apologists posts here are amazing.
    You're the one who said you don't use it, you didn't pay for it, and you aren't paying for it. It just sits on your desk unused. That being the case, why keep it. Again you forget your own statements. If you check my posts, I apologize for nothing. So how you come-up with yet another name for me (personal) to describe my post, is groundless and doesn't fit.

I don't believe there is a one-fits all device, anymore than I believe there is a one-fits all car. It's okay. I understand, rationale debate, based on your own statements doesn't work with you. You have an agenda and only that which let's you move it forward, even misrepresenting my statements will be heard. Having said that, I'll politely exit this thread.
    No need for others to try to figure out your point when you respond the valid point that remains the same. If you don't like the device, accept your decision and get rid of it.
    You're the one who said you don't use it, you didn't pay for it, and you aren't paying for it. It just sits on your desk unused. That being the case, why keep it. Again you forget your own statements. If you check my posts, I apologize for nothing. So how you come-up with yet another name for me (personal) to describe my post, is groundless and doesn't fit.

I don't believe there is a one-fits all device, anymore than I believe there is a one-fits all car. It's okay. I understand, rationale debate, based on your own statements doesn't work with you. You have an agenda and only that which let's you move it forward, even misrepresenting my statements will be heard. Having said that, I'll politely exit this thread.
    No need for others to try to figure out your point when you respond the valid point that remains the same. If you don't like the device, accept your decision and get rid of it.
    My agenda is to not continue any discussions with a Palm apologist fanboy that cant accept the fact not everybody shares his opinion.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesm View Post

I live in the bay too. Sprint coverage is great in the places I frequent. I can think of one place I had crappy coverage and only one carrier had good coverage. Verizon.

To the OP if the Pre isn't working for you now get rid of it. Because there are no guarantees, just speculation. For me the pre is about 85% there. I've connected to my exchange and gmail. Liberating. No dice on mobile me now, but this isn't a problem for me. Apps I miss from my touch: itv, facebook, casual games. My killer app? Pandora, GPS, keyboard and multitasking. This is enough to put it in the win category.
    Quote Originally Posted by Badandy127 View Post
    No, I don't. However, go back and re-read what he said. It would also be "helpful" to go back and look at his previous posts to keep his comments in perspective.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Incredible you can make an assumption like that with the limited knowledge you have about coverage in my area. Where I live and work, Sprint has by far the worst coverage and building penetration than the other networks (tmobile excluded).
    I have absolutely no knowledge about your coverage area. I didn't respond to a comment about your coverage area. You made another one of your typical statements about your favorite network/phone on the Pre forum, and I responded. Here was your statement:

I think with some upgrades, hardware revisions, and availability on a better network the Pre will be a useful device.
    Nothing about your local network, just a broad statement about availability on a better network, and a clear implication that in it's current state, it's not a "useful device".

Bud, you're a troll. Time to admit it.
    My agenda is to not continue any discussions with a Palm apologist fanboy that cant accept the fact not everybody shares his opinion.
    So, you're leaving???? Suwheet!!!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast