1.    #1  
    look, i am one HUGE nub at trying to root the pre and also just being able to get any thing related i just have the most problems to do... i would really appreciate it if someone on this board would like to help me out doing this while talking on instant messaging i would GREATLY appreciate it
  2.    #2  
    anyone
    Quote Originally Posted by technoviking View Post
    anyone
    Check your PM's.
  4. dgj
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Man wish I could be of help, sorry. I'm worse, So here's a real noob question. But what is "to root?"
    Go on the #webos-internals IRC channel, there are plenty of people there to help and I can help you on there as well.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by dgj View Post
    Man wish I could be of help, sorry. I'm worse, So here's a real noob question. But what is "to root?"
    The Pre is based on a Linux kernel. In Linux, "root" is the "super-user". Logging in as root gives you access to the device, and allows you to do a lot of "extras". Logging in as root and making those modifications has become known as "rooting".
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Check your PM's.

great, just read it
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Go on the #webos-internals IRC channel, there are plenty of people there to help and I can help you on there as well.
    hparson said he would help me but ill be sure to check it out there another time
  9. dgj
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I apologize for cutting in on your post, but thanks technoviking for allowing me to ask my question on your post.

thanks hparson for your reply.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by dgj View Post
    I apologize for cutting in on your post, but thanks technoviking for allowing me to ask my question on your post.

thanks hparson for your reply.
    i don't mind. more knowledge about your device is great

here is also the site to the pre dev wiki

pre dev wiki: Welcome to the Pre/webOS Development Wiki
  11. dgj
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Right on. excellent info. once again, thank you.
    I knew the Pre had alien technology.... McNamee was right!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.