Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Took it off the touchstone at 7am. Bluetooth and WIFI on all day, used it more than normal but didn't even think about the charger, and it's still at 50%.
    These are in eastern time

Took mine off the Palm wall charger around noon. Light usage for most of the day left me at around 30% by 7PM. I had crappy coverage for about 3 hours, and I did use the browser/SMS for about 30 minutes total. Only a couple of phone calls too.

Now I've been listening to Pandora for about 20 minutes and it went from 27% down to 15%. I'm trying to drain the battery to 'reset' the memory or whatever.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
    These are in eastern time

Took mine off the Palm wall charger around noon. Light usage for most of the day left me at around 30% by 7PM. I had crappy coverage for about 3 hours, and I did use the browser/SMS for about 30 minutes total. Only a couple of phone calls too.

Now I've been listening to Pandora for about 20 minutes and it went from 27% down to 15%. I'm trying to drain the battery to 'reset' the memory or whatever.
    How long have you had it?
    "I believe my battery is in my phone."

LOL My battery was at 65% just a few minutes ago before putting my phone on the charger.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    How long have you had it?
    About a week. It might just be in my head, but since 1.0.4 the battery life seems worse. I've seen other users reporting similar issues though...
    my battery does pretty good, took it off the charger at 6am, played music for an hour on the way to work, played with it during work, texts, browser, diff apps....listen to music an hour on the way back....its now at 35%!! pretty good imo
  7.    #7  
    About a week. It might just be in my head, but since 1.0.4 the battery life seems worse. I've seen other users reporting similar issues though...
    1.04 doesn't appear to have affected mine at all. Yours just may need more charge cycles.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    After this weekend, I'm convinced that most battery issues are related to finding service. This weekend a cell tower in my area went out. That tower is very important here because of all the hills in this suburb on the edge of rural. No other provider, but Sprint comes in here.

Well, all weekend long my old Samsung 640A that is still working its 2-1/2 year old battery kept searching for service and draining my battery. The battery drain also produced a lot of heat. This phone has never, ever been that hot before other than a 2-hour conversation. I finally had to leave it plugged in to recharge all the time to keep it from going dead. This has never happened before.

Since the Pre requires all-you-can-eat plans with no roaming charges, it would probably make sense to leave roaming on.

So, now you're all probably wondering why I'm on a Pre forum with an old dumb phone. I'm salivating. THAT'S WHY. k? Seriously, I have plans to eventually buy one.
    Last edited by SharonW; 06/30/2009 at 11:06 PM. Reason: typo
    Well, I'm in the group of folks whose battery runs out around 3:00pm or so, when taking off charge at around 7:00am. And I'm not even close to a heavy users--a few calls, some email, some texting. And, I'm usually at 3-5 bars.

I'm reaaaaaaally starting to wonder if there's not something physically different about these two groups. Going a whole day like that and having 50% battery life left is just not my experience.

Incidentally, I bought mine on June 6, 13th in line at my store. So, I'd say mine's been broken in.

It's a mystery, really.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    (Relating to battery life and where I am now...)
    I have full coverage in most areas of my city but battery life was still not so great. This is what I did to get better results..

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...56#post1722956
    Last edited by Freshyz; 07/01/2009 at 12:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    1.04 doesn't appear to have affected mine at all. Yours just may need more charge cycles.
    I might also just not be used to this sort of battery demand. My last phone was a Pearl 8130... sure it's 3G but it's hardly the powerhouse that the Pre is. I'm sure for people coming from iPhones, Touch Pros etc it's not as shocking.
    It is in your head because 1.0.4 didn't do anything but patch the ipk email hole. Nothing that would affect battery life.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Its 9:14 pm took of charger at 6:30 am and I am at 51%

a few phone calls, A little navigation, a lot of email and web

I have it on wifi at work and at home..
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    It is in your head because 1.0.4 didn't do anything but patch the ipk email hole. Nothing that would affect battery life.
    That's assuming some programmer didn't mess up a line of code somewhere that would affect battery life.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    78% at 13 hours since charge.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Well, I'm in the group of folks whose battery runs out around 3:00pm or so, when taking off charge at around 7:00am. And I'm not even close to a heavy users--a few calls, some email, some texting. And, I'm usually at 3-5 bars.

I'm reaaaaaaally starting to wonder if there's not something physically different about these two groups. Going a whole day like that and having 50% battery life left is just not my experience.

Incidentally, I bought mine on June 6, 13th in line at my store. So, I'd say mine's been broken in.

It's a mystery, really.
    What apps do you have installed?
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    This has already been proven on more than one occasion to be false, so please stop propagating this misinformation.

Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    With no use, correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    How can you possibly not use your phone for 13 hours?!?!?

Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post

It's a mystery, really.
    I'm with you, buddy. I pulled my phone off the charger at work when I left around 5:30. I forgot my charger and cable at work so I have no way to charge it. So I've been careful to use it as little as possible. No phone calls, about 5 google searches (these were really necessary as I was trying to debug a fake anti-virus program on a brand new computer), 30 minutes or so of reading precentral forums on the mobile site. That's it, I swear! Oh yes, I received a few emails too (10 or so). I'm now at 67%. I think I'm going to make it to work without it dying on me, but it's going to be close. I'm pretty worried about the backup at 4am.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Siraris View Post
    With no use, correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    How can you possibly not use your phone for 13 hours?!?!?

A couple texts, a few short calls and a few emails. Was in meetings all day so my use was light. Still, in the time between that last post and this post I lost 1% of battery life.

In another thread I posted getting 54 hours with light to moderate use.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast