Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    A couple texts, a few short calls and a few emails. Was in meetings all day so my use was light. Still, in the time between that last post and this post I lost 1% of battery life.

In another thread I posted getting 54 hours with light to moderate use.
    What in gods name are your settings?
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
    What in gods name are your settings?
    More than happy to tell you. Which ones are you interested in?
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    More than happy to tell you. Which ones are you interested in?
    Everything. Email settings, which radios (Wifi, bluetooth) are on, roaming settings etc. Everything you've done to make the battery not suck.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    I used to get 54 hours with slight use.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    What apps do you have installed?
    The usual. And by that I should say, pretty much all of the apps available. The only one I think isn't installed is Classic.

I typically use Calendar, Email, and Messaging throughout the day. Some Evernote, and I play around with the others when I'm bored. I have a few email accounts installed, but I've tried changing their retrieval settings in about all the possible ways, with no improvement (or detriment, really).

No matter what I do or what I run, I can't squeeze out a discharge rate of better than 10%/hour. I'm sure that shutting off services, such as GPS and EVDO and the like, might improve battery life, but I get the impression that some folks are getting closer to a 5%/hour discharge rate without taking drastic measures.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
    Everything. Email settings, which radios (Wifi, bluetooth) are on, roaming settings etc. Everything you've done to make the battery not suck.
    Okay, here goes...

webOS 1.0.3
    Wifi = off
    BT = paired with default headset
    Voice Network = automatic
    Data roaming = disabled
    TTY/TDD = off
    Vibrate = on, for both ringer switch off and ringer switch on
    ringtone volume = approx 90%
    System sounds = on, volume = approx 90%
    Brightness - approx 35%
    Turn off after 1 minute
    Show notifications when locked = on
    Smart Folders: all inboxes = on, all flagged = off
    Main Email Settings:
    Show notifications = on
    Play Sounds = on
    Get Email = 30 minutes
    Gmail Settings:
    Show notifications = off
    Play sounds = off
    Vibrate = off
    Get Email = 15 minutes (need to change this to 30 minutes though)

Did I miss anything? The thing is, I didn't really do anything special.

EDIT: By the way, I don't use Google Calendar. I sync with PocketMirror.
    Last edited by groovy; 07/01/2009 at 01:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    (Relating to battery life and where I am now...)
    I have full coverage in most areas of my city but battery life was still not so great. This is what I did to get better results..

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...56#post1722956
    When you say in the other thread that you deleted your Gmail account, do you mean just from email or from Calendar and Contacts as well? That might seem like a stupid question (I mean, it's GMAIL, right? Duh!), but I'm not sure how tightly all of the Google sync stuff is nor if you resolved the power drain by getting rid of all Google syncing or just email.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    I have 1.0.4, about a week old Pre and my battery life is pretty solid. I would dare say 5%/hour is about right. I lost 20% battery life sitting in the sit for 45min yesterday browsing the web, using pandora, IM'ing, taking pictures, texting, and sending emails with attachments. This was all on EVDO.
    I won't say the Pre I picked up on launch day had a similar battery from my experience... but it seems to be hit or not on that. The only thing I do differently now is leave my gmail on "As items arrive", and never turn WiFi off anymore... even when I am not near a WiFi network.

I guess the only thing I can say is I have charged my Pre to full and kept it at 100% as much as possible. In my car I have a Dynex FM Transmitter. You used to be able to buy just the cigarette lighter plug in the bottom right of the picture. On it there is a 3.5mm jack and a usb connector, so I carry my extra USB cable with me and charge while listening to music. This is cool because the speaker phone mic on the Pre is amazing... so I just take phone calls over the cars speakers and talk to my phone sitting next to me.

My settings:
    WiFi on
    Data Roam Off
    Bluetooth is off always
    GPS is "on" for on demand access when apps want it.
    Screen is set to about 40% brightness, 1minute delay.
    Ringer is set to about 90% same for notifications which are always on.
    Vibrate is always set to on.
    Tweed was set to NOT notify me(this was by accident and might actually have impacted my battery life over my previous pre which was set to on. I've now turned it on to test it.)
    Pandora is set to HQ OFF mode, as it just sounds worse when it's on to me.
    IM's are connected whenever I am away from my PC.
    Last edited by Sharkims; 07/01/2009 at 10:17 AM.
    Alright, since I posted earlier, my phone has not been on the charger, and I've been surfing a good bit with it this morning. My battery is at 8%, and I'm taking it all the way down. It's now 11:15, so that's almost 18 hours of battery, which at 90% depletion is about 5% per hour. This is with lighter than normal use, but this morning when I got up, it was at 50-ish %.

So it looks to me like I can make the battery last a long time if I quit using my pre as my primary surfing device.

I still can't see how anyone can get 54 hours.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12