View Poll Results: Are you dumping the Pre?

Voters
257. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

47 18.29%
  • No

210 81.71%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    30 day return date is coming up for the release day buyers. who's giving up the pre for another device?
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Not me!
    Rude comment #962: It escapes me why people with zero posts are able to create polls but not able to create hyperlinks. Couldn't Polls be set at like a 300 post minimum? Some of these Polls (most of which are created by people with very low post counts) impress me with a purpose none other than to troll.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    Rude comment #962: It escapes me why people with zero posts are able to create polls but not able to create hyperlinks. Couldn't Polls be set at like a 300 post minimum? Some of these Polls (most of which are created by people with very low post counts) impress me with a purpose none other than to troll.
    +1

How could we impress that on the Mod's? I like your Idea, but maybe more like 50 posts. That's not asking much!
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    50 sounds good to me as well. 300 was the first number that popped into my head but I agree it's a little rediculous.
    They are allowed to post new threads as well but no links kinda weird.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    I was thinking about it.....
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Yes. This is all incredibly suspicious, too, given the very high short interest in Palm's stock. These people are being burnt monetarily very, very badly because the Pre and Palm are hitting all the right notes. I no longer think this is merely a fanboi problem.
    It just goes to show that the new iPhone isn't quite the revolution it was cracked up to be and the cult have nothing better to do. Even my super Fangirl sister said she's not getting one.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Yeah. I think it's time to kick these hack posters outta here. And I'm not returning my Pre.
    Nobody who invests gets burned unless they are somehow lied to. Investing is, first and foremost, a risk. If you invest and lose, that's the market. No investment is a sure thing. No remourse for the investor who didn't plan for that risk.

If you play with a knife you risk getting cut. Know this, and don't whine to me when you get cut.

If you want to play big boy games, take the consequences like a big boy.
    While I agree that it might be a good idea to restrict new users from creating polls and starting new threads I actually think this poll's question is a valid one. I don't think it will get meaningful answers because many people who dump the Pre won't be back here to vote in the poll and also because I think the type of person who would join PreCentral is less likely to dump the device than a normal person.
    Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    Yeah. I think it's time to kick these hack posters outta here. And I'm not returning my Pre.
    The problem is identifying such posters would be nothing short of a witch hunt. I'm probably one of the first on here to complain about all the negative posts, but truth be told, it's damn near impossible to sort them from those which are legit.
    Even if this was created by a troll, it could backfire on them. If very few select "Yes", then it would defy their attempt to make the Pre look bad.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Nobody who invests gets burned unless they are somehow lied to. Investing is, first and foremost, a risk. If you invest and lose, that's the market. No investment is a sure thing. No remourse for the investor who didn't plan for that risk.

If you play with a knife you risk getting cut. Know this, and don't whine to me when you get cut.

If you want to play big boy games, take the consequences like a big boy.
    Huh? Do you know what a short position is? They're betting that Palm stock DROPS. Shorts are notorious for infiltrating boards to sow seeds of doubt and fear. They play games where their money is concerned. It's probably one of the oldest tricks on internet forums of public companies. I remember it starting all the way back in '96 when once happy boards were over run.
    How do we go about setting those restrictions? Is there a process to change those settings?
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    That's intelligent comment #962. Rude comment #962 is This is the most useless post ever, you should be banned .
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by SharonW View Post
    Huh? Do you know what a short position is? They're betting that Palm stock DROPS. Shorts are notorious for infiltrating boards to sow seeds of doubt and fear. They play games where their money is concerned. It's probably one of the oldest tricks on internet forums of public companies. I remember it starting all the way back in '96 when once happy boards were over run.
    My point was simply that there is no undertaking in life that is without risk -- investing included. Nobody who undertakes a high-risk task and fails will receive sympathy from me. If you choose to accept a risk you must accept any and all consequences. It's an axiom of living which I go by. And it applies equally to myself. -- and trust me, I've failed enough times to hate it but I've picked myself up just as many times to appreciate the empowerment it gives to know that my life is my own to control as I will.

And for what it's worth, I know very little about investing, but my level of knowledge of investing is irrelevant to the fact that I give no sympathy to a failed risk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    That's intelligent comment #962. Rude comment #962 is This is the most useless post ever, you should be banned .
    ROFL
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    My point was simply that there is no undertaking in life that is without risk -- investing included. Nobody who undertakes a high-risk task and fails will receive sympathy from me. If you choose to accept a risk you must accept any and all consequences. It's an axiom of living which I go by. And it applies equally to myself. -- and trust me, I've failed enough times to hate it but I've picked myself up just as many times to appreciate the empowerment it gives to know that my life is my own to control as I will.

And for what it's worth, I know very little about investing, but my level of knowledge of investing is irrelevant to the fact that I give no sympathy to a failed risk.
    AH! I think I get what you're saying now. You were talking about the shorts. D'oh! For some reason I wasn't sure if you were saying they'd have legitimacy if they were lied to.

Anyway, some people just don't play by the rules OR by any sense of decency.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast