View Poll Results: Are you dumping the Pre?

Voters
257. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

47 18.29%
  • No

210 81.71%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    No, I will be keeping mine. I already fell in love with it. My screen cracked (on it's own btw) so I used the manufactures warrenty to fix it. Mine is on the way to Texas as I type. I still have the first and I plan on updating mine with the 1.0.04 update when my Pre gets back from Texas. Palm created a great phone and the only way that it could fail is if Sprint can't (or won't) improve it's customer service and network. Sprint could be it's success or fail. It basically falls on Sprint to decide it's outcome (at least here in the states) before it goes abroad.

Some people aren't here to troll. Some like me signed up to be a member of the board. I posted a new thread so that I could give some helpful info when I signed up. I'm sorry if I sounded like a troll, Forgive me please. I do hope that you would look at my post for the info.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
    :-) We are Pre fans, not Sprint fans. And Sprint issues are responsible for most of the commplaints about poor coverage and poor battery life, and lack of tethering support.
    I'm not convinced Sprint is the cause of the reception issues. With my Treo 700p and Pre side by side, the 700p show a rock solid signal and the Pre searches constantly. The 700p has 4 to 5 bars. The Pre has 2, now 3, now 5, now ROAM, now 5, now 3, ...

Same network. Two different phones. One has great reception. One has poor reception.
    Quote Originally Posted by chodaboy View Post
    I'm not convinced Sprint is the cause of the reception issues. With my Treo 700p and Pre side by side, the 700p show a rock solid signal and the Pre searches constantly. The 700p has 4 to 5 bars. The Pre has 2, now 3, now 5, now ROAM, now 5, now 3, ...

Same network. Two different phones. One has great reception. One has poor reception.
    Mine doesn't bounce around like that. It just shows a consistently poor signal in a lot of places that I tend to spend a lot of time in and where my AT&T RAZR shows 4-5 bars.

And folks who have converted their Pre to Roam only mode (ie on VZ all the time) report significantly better signal levels as compared to Sprint. So if the phone is deaf, why is it deaf for Sprint and not deaf for VZ?
    Loving mine and keeping it.
    My Pre is a keeper.
    I'm making the decision this weekend as to what I'm going to do. I've only had the pre for a week and a half, and came to it from using an iphone with open arms, but I'm starting to get really down on the phone.

The first complaint is battery life, it really is bad. I thought my 1st gen iphone was lousy, but a new phone shouldn't drain from 100% to 20% within six hours.

Another complaint is the calendar, it's really a pain to use. I set appointments on the fly daily and the iphone was great at quickly adding things to my calendar, but with the pre it's been about a 50/50 chance it's going to save. I've lost multiple phone numbers and it really is frustraiting.

My pre has crashed several times as well.

Otherwise I love pandora... but I can get it on the iphone. I love multitasking...but I can get it by running the backgrounder app on a jailbroken iphone. I'm really just having trouble coming up with reasons to keep the pre over an iphone 3gs.

The only thing I REALLY love is the service, which is great in Chicago. ATT has been notoriously bad.

So it's signal vs. features right now, and I'm not sure which to pick!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    I'm actually pretty surprised by the numbers in the poll considering this is a fansite.
    It may be a "fansite", but one that allows "others" to come on and disparage the device, post, poll, and troll as well...
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kyleramos View Post
    The first complaint is battery life, it really is bad. I thought my 1st gen iphone was lousy, but a new phone shouldn't drain from 100% to 20% within six hours.
    Means that Palm will need to make a new battery for the Pre with longer battery life, or you have a defective battery which can be replaced by Palm, or buy a new one.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    The only thing I REALLY love is the service, which is great in Chicago. ATT has been notoriously bad.

Your Pre service has been great in Chicago? I've never had problems in the last 8 years with Sprint but things are different with the Pre. Places where I got a perfect signal before are marginal on the Pre. Marginal signal areas before are now total dead zones. I love the device but I don't know that I can justify this thing if I can't make/receive calls/data half the time and its dead the other half of the time due to signal searching. These results are in the exact same places I have had no problems with a 755p and 700p before that.
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post
    Your Pre service has been great in Chicago? I've never had problems in the last 8 years with Sprint but things are different with the Pre. Places where I got a perfect signal before are marginal on the Pre. Marginal signal areas before are now total dead zones. I love the device but I don't know that I can justify this thing if I can't make/receive calls/data half the time and its dead the other half of the time due to signal searching. These results are in the exact same places I have had no problems with a 755p and 700p before that.
    Maybe it's because I've been conditioned by at&t, but any service is good service! I get full bars in my apartment, which I didnt get before, and I drive around the city for work constantly and I always have a signal.
    Quote Originally Posted by chodaboy View Post

Same here the reception seems to be worse that my previous sprint phones.. alot worse but overall I love it and am keeping it.
    Originally posted by KJ78:
    It might be the call roaming settings that you've selected in your Pre. I read something about it in a thread about Airwave.
    I'm making the decision this weekend as to what I'm going to do. I've only had the pre for a week and a half, and came to it from using an iphone with open arms, but I'm starting to get really down on the phone.

Another complaint is the calendar, it's really a pain to use. I set appointments on the fly daily and the iphone was great at quickly adding things to my calendar, but with the pre it's been about a 50/50 chance it's going to save. I've lost multiple phone numbers and it really is frustraiting.

My pre has crashed several times as well.

Otherwise I love pandora... but I can get it on the iphone. I love multitasking...but I can get it by running the backgrounder app on a jailbroken iphone. I'm really just having trouble coming up with reasons to keep the pre over an iphone 3gs.

Turn GPS off in location services, it did wonders for my phone. I believe I lasted over 9-10 hours and I was still at 30-40 %
  14. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    I'm keeping mine too. It's just such a cool device.

I called Sprint tech support today about my constantly fluctuating signal, riding mostly at 1 bar. On top of that my battery life has been horrible. They had me go to the store and swap it out, since I'm still on my 30 days. Thus far the new phone seems to run mostly at 1 bar too (all of my other Sprint phones had much better bars at home) but my battery life seems to be way better. I'm going to watch it closely but so far its looking good. You might have the store run a battery test on your phone. They can also check the radio to see if it is defective.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123