1.    #1  
    I dropped and damaged my phone, is my only option TEP?
    is it unusable? If so you could buy at no contract pricing....idk why you would do that instead, but to each their own...
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Quote Originally Posted by sjones302 View Post
    I dropped and damaged my phone, is my only option TEP?
    What broke on it?
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

If the phone were defective I would say it would come under the 1 year warranty. However, since you broke it I would say TEP is what's in order. The only way to know for sure is to contact Sprint. We can speculate in these forums until the universe comes to an end but the proof is in the pudding.
    If you bought it with an amex they might have some protection on it for loss or breakage, they used to do this, i don't know about now.

If you bought it at BB, check your receipt to see if they gave you a free month of geek squad protection.
  6.    #6  
    physically it looks fine but it was dropped in water. doesnt power up at all.
    If it still usable then take it to a Sprint service center and see if they will do an advanced exchange. If not then $100 deductible it is.
    I believe there is some kind of litimus paper or something similar buried in the phone which will reveal to them that it's damaged from water.
    Quote Originally Posted by sjones302 View Post
    physically it looks fine but it was dropped in water. doesnt power up at all.
    You'll have to use your TEP.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    I believe there is some kind of litimus paper or something similar buried in the phone which will reveal to them that it's damaged from water.
    iPhone has a moisture sensor inside the headphone jack

I'm sure the Pre has something similiar
  11. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    yep..iv taken a few pre's apart
    moisture sensor is in the heart of the phone
    you'd have to take the whole thing apart to get to it which would obviously invalidate your warrenty
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre