Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I was about to go to bed and my battery was close to gone, so i figured id just kill it off and get a fresh charge. I opened 20 cards on it to help kill it faster. I also turned on wifi and bluetooth. I watched it go all the way down to zero percent. Expecting it to shut off i watched and waited. and waited and waited some more. After about five minutes at 0% i started to chuckle, and take screen shots after every minute. The phone was at zero percent for about 14 minutes before it finally quit. Im posting The first, middle and last screen shot that i took. Keep in mind that it was at 0% for at least 5 minutes before i started taking screen shots.

Interesting...they mustve fixed the bug where it would freeze up when the battery was low.
    Quote Originally Posted by j.wolfe77 View Post
    Battery life percentage isnt exactly correct.
    In my experience this is a common issue with cell phones.
    This is an issue with all batteries. There are several things to consider.

- Though every battery came off of the same assembly line, they do not have identical behavior characteristsics (they should be very similar but will not be identical).
    - The behavior characteristics of a battery changes with age and usage patterns.
    - The device manufacturer must consider what they want a battery indicator to indicate (time left, voltage left, etc.)
    - The algorithms used for computing the value to be displayed on the battery indicator produces merely an approximation (in particular because of the first two items above).

The algorithms are complicated by the fact that batteries do not discharge in a straight line. For example, it would be quite convenient if when fully charged a battery produced exactly 10Volts and when half charged it produced 5 Volts and the time it took to discharge from 10Volts to 5Volt is the same amount of time it takes to discharge from 5Volts to 0Volts. Sadly, this is not the case.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Interesting...they mustve fixed the bug where it would freeze up when the battery was low.
    It didnt freez up at all. i was still able to move everythig around and obviously take screen shots. This was after 1.04 also.