• Someplace else on the Body

40 11.33%
  • On the Screen

41 11.61%
  • I have No Cracks.

116 32.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    I would consider this a defect in workmanship(not to mention a ******** place to put the damn charger), how about you guys?
    Brain - there's a hairline crack there too.. heading toward the screen, but you might not be able to see it.
    This is an issue happening to multiple Pre owners. I have the same crack. I went to Sprint and they told me since it doesn't prevent the phone from working they can't replace it. I called Palm and they wanted $30 for a refurb plus a $400 deposit until I send my old phone back.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    this happened to mine too, cracked and then the usb door fell out. I called palm, and the best thing they did for me was send another usb door, but that obviously didnt help the situation, so I've just dealt with no usb cover for awhile now.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I had the hairline crack from the usb door creeping its way to the screen. I took it in to sprint and they ordered me a refurb. I'm on refurb #3 and very happy. I won't get into the issues with my first 2 refurbs in this thread. Make sprint replace it if you have insurance.
    Last edited by mattickus; 10/19/2009 at 02:51 PM.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mattickus View Post
    I had the hairline crack from the usb door creeping its way to the screen. I took it in to sprint and they ordered me a refurb. I'm on refurb #3 and very happy. I won't get into the issues with my first 2 refurbs in this thread. Make sprint replace it if you have insurance.
    Did you have to pay the deductible or they just replaced it?
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    This is exactly why I bought a couple touchstones. Best investment ever. SOOOO Convenient.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyndall View Post
    This is exactly why I bought a couple touchstones. Best investment ever. SOOOO Convenient.
    I use a Touchstone too. This will happen to people who barely use the USB door. It is definitely a defect.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    mine did the exact same thing and a chunk was takin out of it like yours but the sprint rep said that it should be fine as long as you don't get water in it (no duh)
    i'm 3 months with my Pre, no touchstone and no crack. (knocks on wood).
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Possibly why the Pixi is using a rubber cover instead of this crappy plastic abomination?
    This happened to Pre #2. I'm on #3 now.

Sprint replaced it with a new Pre, free of charge. I was way outside of my 30 day window.

I definitely needed to convince the staff at my Sprint store to replace the phone... and I turned down their first offer of: insurance - and they're second offer of: refurb.

Once I finally pulled out $200 in cash and told them I'm ready to cancel -- they happily went to the back room and came out with a brand new Pre.

Retail employees will get away with murder if you let them. Don't be afraid to be firm... and even raise your voice a little. Most will do anything to get you out of the store.

Don't let them tell YOU what's going on... YOU tell THEM how it's going to work.

Exchange for a new phone. Don't accept a refurb. It's one of the many problems Palm has brought upon itself with the Pre.
    I just took the door off. Its much better.

Quote Originally Posted by cgardner View Post

Unfortunately I don't think it is the door. I believe it is a stress fracture from the micro USB cable putting too much pressure on the top part of the slider.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Maybe if our pre's had more of a solid build too it none of us would have a problem with things like that!
    Quote Originally Posted by cgardner View Post

but how did you took it off?

just cutted the tiny plastic piece? opened the Pre?
    Yeah I'm seriously considering cutting off that little door because it's just a pain to get it open every time I want to charge. My old HTC phone didn't even have a cover. The phone was a POS though.
    yeah but i mean to preserve the tiny plastic cover and when sell it put it back. Nobody wants an incomplete Pre
    Mine just got loose enough to pull off. I can even put it back on. I still have the door incase want to re-add it some time.
    I too had the same hair line crack and the door fell off. My local Sprint guys ordered another phone.....uhhh now I have the oreo wiggle...arghhhh. This phone is a love and hate.
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast