41 11.61%
  • I have No Cracks.

116 32.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Just try a different Sprint store.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Mine has the same crack, but I've got an Invisishield on it which I believe is impeding it's progress. My USB cover came completely off as well, because of the little strip of plastic underneath the USB port broke off, and eventually the little plastic left that tethered the USB cover to the phone came off as well. I'm afraid if I take my phone in to Sprint they'll say that it's user inflicted damage, as obviously (!?) the USB cable was yanked out or it fell while on the USB, etc and broke the door and the cover. My word against theirs, I suppose, but then again they're the ones with the replacement Pre's...
    Hello everyone,

My Pre had the broken USB door, a crack originating from the door to my screen and a broken horizontal plastic rail underneath the USB.

I took it in to the Sprint Store. They said it was "wear and tear" and ordered a replacement using the TEP. I'm already way past 30 days, but the rep said no money out of pocket.

Today I picked up my Pre. It did not come in a new box, but the phone looks and I THINK it is brand new. I did ##786# and the RECONDDATE is blank and the RECONDSTATUS says "no".

Could it be that Sprint sent me a brand new phone? The phone has no scratches, it still had the plastic covers, the slider is nice and tight with no OREO.

So far, Sprint has really been stepping up to the plate when dealing with my Pre issues. Just wanted to share my positive experience with Sprint.
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    I bet its a refurb phone
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    I'm glad you did not pay a dime to get your new phone. What is the build date on it?
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    I'd keep an eye on your bill. TEP is usually $100 deductible. They may have waived it though.

I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't sending refurb's yet. It takes a lot to get a refurb system up and running.
    To Add: All me 3 Pre replacements have not been refurbs either.
    Quote Originally Posted by T3CK View Post
    I'm glad you did not pay a dime to get your new phone. What is the build date on it?
    It says 08/07/2009 in the "warranty date", is that the same as the build date?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammyc53 View Post
    I'd keep an eye on your bill. TEP is usually $100 deductible. They may have waived it though.

I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't sending refurb's yet. It takes a lot to get a refurb system up and running.
    Thanks for the heads up! I'll keep an eye on my bill for sure. I kept my work order slip the Store issued me when they ordered the replacement and it is showing $0 cost. I'll bring that to their attention if a charge shows up.
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boogaloo1 View Post
    It says 08/07/2009 in the "warranty date", is that the same as the build date?
    Ya, it is at the bottom (WARRANTYDATECODE). Mines is 08/14/2009.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Just to add to this, my experience with TEP is that as long as it isn't negligence on your part, you don't pay the deductible. The only time I've had to pay was the time I ran my Samsung A500 over with my truck. The other 3 times (Treo 650, 700P and my original Pre), they just fixed it.
    The door for my port puts pressure on the case for my Pre whenever I have a cable plugged in. This caused a small crack to appear. At first, I figured I would let it slide, but now the crack has gotten bigger and is even on my screen.

So now I will have to swing in by Sprint and see if their is something I can do about it. I would consider it somewhat of a design flaw.

Anyway, I was wondering if this has occurred to anyone else, and, if so, what happened if you tried to get your Pre fixed or replaced.

Thanks.
    I don't mean for this to sound rude, but there's already a thread that talks about this very issue here:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ou-decide.html

I haven't gotten that issue (yet) *knock on wood* and I hope I never do.
    Sorry man. Same thing happened to my original launch-day Pre and Sprint would only give me a refurb (that started my rollercoaster Pre-exchanging mess leading to my 5th Pre which just arrived and is about to be sent straight back).

My USB door crack seemed to appear out of nowhere one day and grew over the course of a couple of weeks. I really didn't think it was anything I did that caused it, I totally baby my Pre.. but Sprint still filed it under "physical damage".
    Hahahahahah.
    I preformed a search before I posted this thread and it did not post any of the threads and/or posts that you "kind" people offered.

And since I didn't feel like reading through a few hundred thousand threads, I made this topic.

Unlike some of you, I have better things to do then spend the entirety of my day in a forum created to talk about a cell phone.

But keep up the good work, guys, that way if someone creates a thread that has been posted previously you can be right there to mock them. I bet your life kicks ***.
    I admit... I have big fingers, but I shouldn't get a total break like this when I simply open the door. I *BABY* this phone, and haven't had a functional issue other than this...

Any thoughts on what to do? I know many other people have had similar issues.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Wow...thats pretty intense. I think most other people just had a hairline crack.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Same thing happened to me. Cracked appeared underneath the charging door... started spreading onto the screen. Not as bad as yours but still cracked.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast