Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I finally got my pre today and I was so excited!!! They activated it at the store and I looked over the phone and it seemed fine. When I get home and start trying it out the slider when it's closed wobbles a little from side to side. It's not much at all, just a little wiggly. Especially noticed it when I go to turn the phone on or off, the slider will wiggle even though I'm not opening it. I don't want to return it, because I'm thinking maybe all of them are like this, and as long as it doesn't get worse, I guess I can live with it.

I also noticed two dead pixels at the bottom, but that doesn't really bother me that much. Other than the slider, I am loving the phone, but please tell me does everyone have a "loose" slider, or should it wiggle at all?
    Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    mine is a little wobbly but it doesn't bother me at all.
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    if you used the search function, you'll realize there are many people with the same problem. You can try to exchange it for another one but you might find another problem with the new phone.

I'm a prime example, i exchanged my phone because of the "wiggle". The new one i got now has discoloration in the corner of the phone. Best of luck
    My does just a little and I really think all do or will eventually. If it is to tight then it could cause cracks in the screen. Me and my wife have owned quite a few slider phones in the past and most of them had some kind of play.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    edbtzy I believe your right. I will probably just keep it as long as it does not get any worse because I may not get a better one. Sprint and Palm ought to come out with a better product and if they do later on, they ought to let us upgrade for free due to the bad problems with these phones.
    Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    so is this why so many people are returning their pre's? i mean it is a little annoying but nothing that would ever make me return it
    You know, I got my pre last Friday and it does have a little wiggle when the device is closed. When open it is rock solid. And, I had noticed the the side to side sliding seems worse upon removing the device from the touchstone. Once it cools, it seems a bit tighter.

Anyway, I have NO other problems with my pre, but while shopping today I stopped by my Sprint corporate store to show them the slider wiggle and see if there were other devices in store that did not have this idiosyncratic glitch.

Well, the reps pulled SIX pre's from the boxes and each one exhibited some kind of side to side wobble. Then, one of the technicians came out and said that every pre he has seen has this issue.

I didn't trade my pre in for another. The store manager recommended that I wait a few weeks, stop back by, and see if the newer batches still have the same issue.

Honestly, the movement doesn't really bother me as far as using the device. I'm more concerned about the stability of the slider six months to a year from now. But, I have the carrier's insurance (something I couldn't get on an iPhone). If it breaks, they'll either fix it or replace it.

For now, I get to use this amazing little device -- which I LOVE. Far as I'm concerned, even with the wiggle, the pre is a WIN
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I wouldn't return it for gaps, or oreo-twists; fix this problem by taking it to a repair shop or do it yourself if you have the tools. Although, you should probably return it for cracks, bubbles, discoloration, or light showing through the piano black finish. This is a confirmed issue as how the phone reacts to pressure/heat.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    I'm not sure that a moving part, which moves, is really a problem. Does it interfere with functionality in any way? I can see for the ones that move a great deal (I saw someone say theirs moves 1/4" to each side) it might feel like it is falling apart. Mine loosened up a tiny bit but it is negligible and doesn't seem like a concern.

On the other hand, dead pixels drive me crazy, I would exchange it for that. (I don't have any, though.)
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    I'm writing this from my new pre that I just picked up tonight. The rep in the store told me the same, that every one he's seen wiggles when closed. Mine does it too, and it has one dead pixel in the middle and a bit of yellow at the bottom of the screen, neither of which I could see in the store. I'll probably keep it, though.