1.    #1  
    I just want to give a huge shout out to Palm for making a device that is so darn viewable in direct sunlight. The Pre is just lovely in the SoCal sun--I don't think I've ever owned a mobile device that is this good in that respect.

I can see the touchscreen grid at the right angle, but that's a decent trade off for being able to actually use my device in the sun.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    I tried watching a youtube video in the sun and I couldn't see a damn thing.
    I love this. No other phone I've had was this viewable outside. Good job palm
    Different opinions can be so different at times...

I think my BB was much better in direct sunlight, which I am standing in now.
    Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    I do admit its better than my previous phones, however it wasn't like it was super glare free.
    Used Sprint Nav the other day, mid day, full sun and top down on the car. No prob seeing the screen. Of course hearing the voice prompts was another thing altogether.
    I used it outside on my lunch break. Perfectly viewable.
    My daughter was watching the Disney channel on Sprint TV in the direct sunlight today as we were walking through an outdoor market. Do you have ANY idea how valuable that is? Like having an Au Pair in my pocket
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wordweaver View Post
    My daughter was watching the Disney channel on Sprint TV in the direct sunlight today as we were walking through an outdoor market. Do you have ANY idea how valuable that is? Like having an Au Pair in my pocket
    omg I could never do that. If they dropped it I would be PISSED.
    I am so thankful that I can get The Disney Channel on my phone. I has save me many times with my 4 yr old

Quote Originally Posted by wordweaver View Post
    oh yes i love this, and i kinda love the grid!
    i watch shows at the gym while cardio...love the sprint TV, it was crap on the diamond but on this phone its a champ!
    Agree super viewable in sunlight. Terriffic.
    Quote Originally Posted by notabun View Post
    omg I could never do that. If they dropped it I would be PISSED.
    I have an eleven year old and believe me she's been warned that she *better* not drop my lovely pre

Interestingly, she has a Rant w/data plan and it gets HORRIBLE reception of Sprint TV. The pre has no problem. And incidentally, I noticed that EVdo was bouncing between 1-5 bars while she was toying around in the TV application and it was still streaming the video beautifully.
    i know the screen is light years from my windows mobile screen. no more covering the screen with my hand to see it

using my acer aspire tethered to my palm pre
    The screen is great in sunlight. The iPhone screen is also pretty good in sunlight. Just about every other phone I've used is pretty bad compared to the Pre.