Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Well I am thinking about getting rid of my pre before my 30 days ends up, and I was wondering if they would take mine. It has noticeable scratches on the edges, and im concerned with them not taking it back.

There is one dead pixel, would I be able to get a new one for that? And then return that?

Any help or anyone with any experience with this?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Snicewicz View Post
    Well I am thinking about getting rid of my pre before my 30 days ends up, and I was wondering if they would take mine. It has noticeable scratches on the edges, and im concerned with them not taking it back.

There is one dead pixel, would I be able to get a new one for that? And then return that?

Thanks
    Why do you want to return it?
    Umm..just go return it. Why ask here?
    i would say if it has considerable scratches they might refer you to extended warranty if you bought it for phone as that is wear abuse on your part
    Is this your first mobile phone?
    Palm Pre
    (formerly TouchPro, iPhone 3G, Curve, 8800, Treo800p, E61, N9300, Treo 700p ,Treo 600, I500, I330, Treo 300, I300, 6035)
    They barely check when you return a phone. mostly they just want to see that all the electronics are in the box.
    I think I got lucky with mine, it works perfectly.
    Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    i almost returned mine (28th day of 30) to get an iphone but I thought better of it. I had the iphone ordered through ATT premier too but I canceled it at the last second. so glad i did
    Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekknology View Post
    I think I got lucky with mine, it works perfectly.
    yeah same here. i think we're the silent majority. why post if everything's working great?
    Well I haven't had most of the hardware issues (except for the loose battery). Main problem was reception with me at home. Have to say it has gotten better and even at 1-2 bars I can hold a decent conversation with it.

Was planing on returning it, decided instead to stick it out and port my number from Tmo. Have to say the darn thing has grown on me over time. That and i'm seriously jazzed about what Palm is going to do with this.

I can still type a bit faster on my old Iphone, but i'm getting comfortable with the Pre keyboard.

Being an old Handspring owner, i'm happy to be back with palm. Now get that SDK out and the apps a flowing.
    Quote Originally Posted by wmurch3 View Post
    i almost returned mine (28th day of 30) to get an iphone but I thought better of it. I had the iphone ordered through ATT premier too but I canceled it at the last second. so glad i did
    It's only been available for 24 days?
    Quote Originally Posted by wmurch3 View Post
    It's only been 24 days since launch. Did you get one 4 days early?

Thanks
    if they are like verizon, the ONLY thing they check is that the Micro SD card or other removables are still there (on phones with one, obviously!). The clerks don't scrutinize the returns for defects. all they want to do is get you your money back and get on to the next person standing in line. it's no bother to them if your phone has a scratch.
    Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Featherman View Post
    It's only been available for 24 days?
    woops, guess i miscalculated

Thanks
    Don't worry you can get a full refund on your membership to PreCentral too.

I love these drive-by posters with a post count of 1 who start these meaningless threads and then disappear.
    Palm Pre
    (formerly TouchPro, iPhone 3G, Curve, 8800, Treo800p, E61, N9300, Treo 700p ,Treo 600, I500, I330, Treo 300, I300, 6035)
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wirelessness View Post
    Don't worry you can get a full refund on your membership to PreCentral too.

I love these drive-by posters with a post count of 1 who start these meaningless threads and then disappear.
    Thanks, I appreciate people who post such useful information too. Normally I don't return phones due to this, but I'm just going to tell them its because of reception because I get no service or 1 bar in my home which is in their coverage area.

Funny enough, this is not my first phone, actually its my 6th or 7th in 2009. Ive gone from the iPhone 3G to the Storm back to the iPhone 3G, to a HTC Touch Pro on Sprint, then the Treo Pro on sprint, then to the Sidekick LX on Tmobile, and now the Pre. I think Ill stick with what worked best, and just get an iPhone 3GS.

I love the phone, but there are too many inconveniences and reception is terrible, thanks for the helpful information to those who actually contributed.
    Funny enough, this is not my first phone, actually its my 6th or 7th in 2009.
    Sounds like you know all there is to know about returning/exchanging barely used mobile phones.

From the looks of it you just started this thread to nonchalantly report to the Pre community that were returning your Pre. Go try that in the iPhone forum and see if you get a warmer reception.
    Palm Pre