Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    I have a OEM battery that I bought 1 week ago and a centro battery.
    When I fully charge the battery (either oem or centro) fully I let the phone stream pandora and nothing else, screen off.. 5 minutes later I check the battery leve and its down to 95-96.

I get these results with bothe battery charged IN THE PRE.
    Now I charge the batteries on the external charger all the way full.
    I do the same test, and 5 minutes later I check, the battery level is at 100%.
    I check back another 5 minutes, same result, I come back 5 minutes later, same result 100%, I come back yet another 5 minutes same 100%. Finally another 5 minutes and still at 100%. 5 minutes after that and its at 96-97.

So charging the battery with an external charger OEM I get 25 minutes of extra juice comparing it to the built in pre charger.

I have done this test over and over with the same result each time. The PRE just does NOT really charge the battery well. Also, when I use the battery that the external charger charged I get a much much longer time through out the day. The battery just hold on longer compared to when I use the battery charged with the pre. Even if I charge that battery in the pre all night it still does not compare to the extra juice the external charger puts on the battery.

Reason for the post? GO GET AN EXTERNAL CHARGER and extra battery!
    You will see the difference within 2 fully charged cycles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preman View Post
    I have a OEM battery that I bought 1 week ago and a centro battery.
    When I fully charge the battery (either oem or centro) fully I let the phone stream pandora and nothing else, screen off.. 5 minutes later I check the battery leve and its down to 95-96.

I get these results with bothe battery charged IN THE PRE.
    Now I charge the batteries on the external charger all the way full.
    I do the same test, and 5 minutes later I check, the battery level is at 100%.
    I check back another 5 minutes, same result, I come back 5 minutes later, same result 100%, I come back yet another 5 minutes same 100%. Finally another 5 minutes and still at 100%. 5 minutes after that and its at 96-97.

So charging the battery with an external charger OEM I get 25 minutes of extra juice comparing it to the built in pre charger.

I have done this test over and over with the same result each time. The PRE just does NOT really charge the battery well. Also, when I use the battery that the external charger charged I get a much much longer time through out the day. The battery just hold on longer compared to when I use the battery charged with the pre. Even if I charge that battery in the pre all night it still does not compare to the extra juice the external charger puts on the battery.

Reason for the post? GO GET AN EXTERNAL CHARGER and extra battery!
    You will see the difference within 2 fully charged cycles.
    I was considering getting a second battery and the charger regardless... Which charger did you get?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    I was considering getting a second battery and the charger regardless... Which charger did you get?
    I bought the oem centro charger which also came with a centro battery.
    Price was like 30.00 something at amazon.
    Alrighty, thanks!
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    I found one of these charger / Centro battery combos at Fry's. It was only $20!

Great deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preman View Post
    I bought the oem centro charger which also came with a centro battery.
    Price was like 30.00 something at amazon.
    I thought I read on one of the forums that the Centro batteries are not compatible with the Pre. Is that not the case?
    Quote Originally Posted by krusenkevin View Post
    I thought I read on one of the forums that the Centro batteries are not compatible with the Pre. Is that not the case?
    What I've heard is that the Centro battery does work, but some folks have experienced the battery bursting. Not exploding, per se, but a total meltdown. Something to do with how much power is being pulled out of it. Apparently it's happened a couple of times. Just word of mouth, I have no confirmed cases.
    Preman, i have experienced the same thing you have, i bought a treo 800w battery and an external battery charger from seidio and it does seem the external charger give these batteries more juice than just charging them in the Pre.