Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
  1.    #1  
    Hello, I'm getting an "advanced exchange" from Palm. I had to lay down $400 deposit in the event that I do not ship them my defective device. I didn't really have a problem with that and I thought it was perfectly reasonable. I just wanted to know if anyone had experienced this or how they felt about it. My device is being Next Day Aired via FedEx. Overall I'm pretty pleased with Palm's customer service.
  2. #2  
    There was a thread about this a few days ago. Did you try doing a search? The original post was about how Palm doesn't care about its customers...
  3. #3  
    thanks for the info...i may seek a replacement, and dont mind the rude did you search crowd...some people never got past the i was a hall monitor in 5th grade mentality
    God is not a Democrat or a Republican, but he is Pro-Life!
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cipro View Post
    thanks for the info...i may seek a replacement, and dont mind the rude did you search crowd...some people never got past the i was a hall monitor in 5th grade mentality
    Lol. I was rude? The OP asked a question regarding whether "anyone had experienced this or how they felt about it." I directed the OP to a place where s/he would find what s/he was asking about. Your face is rude!
  5. wp746911's Avatar
    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    #5  
    I think it is only prudent of palm- I know in the computer business that it is routine to charge a deposit for advance exchange of products
  6. #6  
    In that other thread the OP was actually griping about it. I don't think it's a big deal. I mean they charge your credit card and credit it back when they get the defective device. If you ship it back in time, you'll never even have an increased balance on your card.
  7. kcs7272's Avatar
    Posts
    97 Posts
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by theChrisLake View Post
    Hello, I'm getting an "advanced exchange" from Palm. I had to lay down $400 deposit in the event that I do not ship them my defective device. I didn't really have a problem with that and I thought it was perfectly reasonable. I just wanted to know if anyone had experienced this or how they felt about it. My device is being Next Day Aired via FedEx. Overall I'm pretty pleased with Palm's customer service.
    I did the same thing but they only put a $300 hold on my card. They sent my Pre out by overnight also but it took them a week to send it, once they did I got it the next day. Also they send a refurbished unit even though the first time I asked they said it would be new. The big kicker is instead of the 1 year manufacturers warranty I had on my original unit they give you a 30 day warranty on the replacement. I love the Pre but there seems to be a lot of issues with hardware. this is my 3rd my first 2 were from Best Buy. I know we are sort of Beta testers but this is getting ridiculous some people are on their 5th and 6th Pre. I hope Palm or Sprint keeps track and when the Pre 2 rolls out we get some love like I did when i bought the first Iphone.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cipro View Post
    thanks for the info...i may seek a replacement, and dont mind the rude did you search crowd...some people never got past the i was a hall monitor in 5th grade mentality
    If you were active in this forum, you would have the same mentality that search before asking. Why you ask? Well, let me help you out. 1) It keeps the forum much cleaner! I like things clean, how about you? 2) You may get more answers if less people are asking the same question. Thats always helpful! 3) You could answer your question immediately instead of waiting! Wow, now that's awesome! 4) People like myself get annoyed with the same question, over and over, and can't keep typing the same answers over and over. So, your answer may not even get answered, now that would suck! 5) It's proper forum etiquette, if you would like to use something, should you not use proper etiquette? Should I keep going? Instead of being RUDE like yourself and calling someone a 5th grader, why don't you go back and do a little etiquette reading yourself.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou View Post
    There was a thread about this a few days ago. Did you try doing a search? The original post was about how Palm doesn't care about its customers...
    I did search. I couldn't find anything. I probably wasn't looking hard enough. I apologize.

    Quote Originally Posted by kcs7272 View Post
    I did the same thing but they only put a $300 hold on my card. They sent my Pre out by overnight also but it took them a week to send it, once they did I got it the next day. Also they send a refurbished unit even though the first time I asked they said it would be new. The big kicker is instead of the 1 year manufacturers warranty I had on my original unit they give you a 30 day warranty on the replacement. I love the Pre but there seems to be a lot of issues with hardware. this is my 3rd my first 2 were from Best Buy. I know we are sort of Beta testers but this is getting ridiculous some people are on their 5th and 6th Pre. I hope Palm or Sprint keeps track and when the Pre 2 rolls out we get some love like I did when i bought the first Iphone.
    That's interesting. They told me it would be a new device. I guess I'll have to wait and see.
    Last edited by theChrisLake; 06/30/2009 at 05:29 PM.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    In that other thread the OP was actually griping about it. I don't think it's a big deal. I mean they charge your credit card and credit it back when they get the defective device. If you ship it back in time, you'll never even have an increased balance on your card.
    I agree with Ron. It's really not a big deal as you don't actually end up paying this money unless you don't return the old phone. I wouldn't expect any company to ship out an expensive product without some assurance that they won't be stiffed. If you don't want to have a hold put on your account for $400 you could always send your old phone in advance.

    However, I'm pretty sure that while your balance on your card may not technically increase with the $400 hold it definitely lowers your available balance and it can cause you to go over your limit and incur a fee.
  11. #11  
    I won't come down to your level...
  12. kcs7272's Avatar
    Posts
    97 Posts
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by theChrisLake View Post
    I did search. I couldn't find anything. I probably wasn't looking hard enough. I apologize.



    That's interesting. They told me it would be a new device. I guess I'll have to wait and see.
    Yeah they told me it would be new also until it was 5 days late and I called and spoke to someone else.
  13. #13  
    what's the phone number you used for this? thx.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by theChrisLake View Post
    Hello, I'm getting an "advanced exchange" from Palm. I had to lay down $400 deposit in the event that I do not ship them my defective device. I didn't really have a problem with that and I thought it was perfectly reasonable. I just wanted to know if anyone had experienced this or how they felt about it. My device is being Next Day Aired via FedEx. Overall I'm pretty pleased with Palm's customer service.
    Just out of curiosity, why did you guys go through Palm versus returning it to the store or going through Sprint? I am just wondering why people are choosing that route over the other.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by poopsie View Post
    Just out of curiosity, why did you guys go through Palm versus returning it to the store or going through Sprint? I am just wondering why people are choosing that route over the other.
    I decided to go through Palm because my Sprint store still has a substantial wait list. I called palm and they said they could get me a new device more quickly so I decided to go with them. All in all, Both companies have never provided me with bad service I just didn't feel like waiting. :P
  16. #16  
    Yeah if they can get one for you quickly, that sounds like the way to go. I'll have to keep that in mind down the line-
  17. kcs7272's Avatar
    Posts
    97 Posts
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by poopsie View Post
    Just out of curiosity, why did you guys go through Palm versus returning it to the store or going through Sprint? I am just wondering why people are choosing that route over the other.
    I bought mine at Best Buy and returned it once it took them 2 weeks to get a Pre in for my return. I went through Palm because Best Buy doesn't know when or if they are getting more.
  18. mherald81's Avatar
    Posts
    77 Posts
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    #18  
    I'm curious, anyone that went through Palm with the advance exchange how were the devices you got? Were they brand new or refurbished? And were there any defects or issues with them?
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by mherald81 View Post
    I'm curious, anyone that went through Palm with the advance exchange how were the devices you got? Were they brand new or refurbished? And were there any defects or issues with them?
    +1 for this question, I got a message today from palm saying I can talk with a "senior tech consultant" regarding my issues. I will not bother if they stick me with a refurb.
  20. kcs7272's Avatar
    Posts
    97 Posts
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by TechFirstAid View Post
    +1 for this question, I got a message today from palm saying I can talk with a "senior tech consultant" regarding my issues. I will not bother if they stick me with a refurb.
    They told me it would be new, then after I called back to confirm everything I was told it would be a reconditioned device. I was not very happy about that but when I got it I have to say it is super solid no discoloration,bubbles,or heat issues. It did have 1 stuck pixel but after an hour it was gone. I have to say I am happy with it but I told them if there is a problem they will get it back. Here are some important points to help you.
    1. they waived to $30 fee to send me one ASAP
    2. they only put a $300 hold on my credit card until I returned my old Pre, some people are saying it was $400
    3. instead of the 1 year warranty you had originally you get a 30 day one. but if you think there is a problem send it back before the 30 days, also if you want put the Sprint insurance on it. Good Luck!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions