Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    If you thought the Pre gets hot sometimes, check out this story. It seems the iPhone gets so hot the case changes colors!!!!!!!!!!
    That's pretty interesting. Be interesting to see how Palm and Apple both deal with this issue in future devices.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Why do people feel compelled to post about the iPhone on a Palm website?

Please, just stop...

The signal to noise ratio is about at the unbearable point around here lately.
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DogEars View Post
    Why do people feel compelled to post about the iPhone on a Palm website?

Please, just stop...

The signal to noise ratio is about at the unbearable point around here lately.
    Not worth answering.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    That's great. Now how does this info stop MY palm pre from overheating?

Sorry for the snark but problems on an unrelated phone doesn't make legitimate issues go away for us. We drove a few hours playing music and some gps and the thing was scalding hot. Going to sprint store to see if that's normal.
    all phones have issues, end of story..
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    That's great. Now how does this info stop MY palm pre from overheating?

Sorry for the snark but problems on an unrelated phone doesn't make legitimate issues go away for us. We drove a few hours playing music and some gps and the thing was scalding hot. Going to sprint store to see if that's normal.
    It is natural I guess that as these phones get more complex they will have more issues. What is unfortunate is that the manufacturers and carriers stay quiet and pretend the problems don't exist.
    Can't say i'm eager to put either on the dash in the hot sun and use as GPS...
    This news is totally relevant to us because Apple is now using a comparable processor to what's in the Pre inside their 3GS.

It shows that now that manufacturers are putting 600MHz+ procs inside phones, they need to be more creative with cooling.
    Also, it's relevant to post the experience of other manufacturers since it validates the notion that first generation hardware (and the 3G S really is just that, or pretty darn close to it) tends to have issues that don't show themselves until a device is in production. Palm doesn't suck because the Pre has issues any more than does Apple.

Now don't misunderstand: Apple sucks for other reasons, just not this reason. I wouldn't be a Palm fanboiiiiiiiiiiii if I were to say any different.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    I agree!! I think we should start posting more iPhone threads because they do have similar hardware and can do everything they can and more importantly we need to discuss what the pre can be compared to iphone...

-All iphone posts about battery and returns and heat are welcome to compare to Pres so that palm can find out how to fix them on our phones.
    - reports on how fast they are making software updates so that palm can see
    - how their video camera works because we want our Pre's to work just as good with the video edit built in
    - compare pictures so that we can try to get palm to do the autofocus.
    - posts about their voice control so that we can get voice control
    - posts about spell checking because we need that
    - posts about their apps store because we need all the cool apps they have and want our store to be like theirs (i know there are secret ifart fans here )
    - don't forget cut and paste... we need to let palm know that we need thier cut and paste.

oh my gosh... there are just so many things that we need to discuss here about iphones. Lets send an open invite to iphoneblog.com and ask them to post here.

Quote Originally Posted by guidoracer View Post
    This news is totally relevant to us because Apple is now using a comparable processor to what's in the Pre inside their 3GS.

It shows that now that manufacturers are putting 600MHz+ procs inside phones, they need to be more creative with cooling.
    The post says it may be related to faulty batteries.
    They should just open the phone and try a different battery... Oh wait a minute...
    Went from iPhone to Pre and love it!
    Quote Originally Posted by eharty View Post
    If you thought the Pre gets hot sometimes, check out this story. It seems the iPhone gets so hot the case changes colors!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks for the info... yes it's good to know it's not only our phone.. I got blasted on here for giving some battery tips a while ago and mentioning that the battery tips were learned from the Blackberry Storm.. So keep posting away!! It's good to know that we aren't the only ones..

Oh yea.. went for first charge after the 1.0.4 update a PERFECT Pre since launch.. and this baby is now HOT!! Def in the 100 deg range... never had that before untill latest update..

sooooo something is up