Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. geobag's Avatar
    Posts
    27 Posts
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
       #1  
    no wonder they felt the need to only include 8GB with the pre, with the ability of streaming podcasts from the web and pandora for movies, I may not even need to load music...

    love it...
  2. #2  
    Another great option is Orb. Do a search for it. Pretty sweet service. I can't wait until Sling can make an app for the Pre.
  3. geobag's Avatar
    Posts
    27 Posts
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
       #3  
    the issue with orb is I need to download the podcasts to my server. With google reader I dont even half to do that...
  4. Loondog's Avatar
    Posts
    153 Posts
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    #4  
    I still get "an error has occurred" occasionally when streaming podcasts and have to start it all over then attempt to scrub back to the same point.
  5. #5  
    Slighty off topic, but how can you subscribe to a podcast through google reader?
    Qualcomm QCP 2700 -> ... Palm m125 ... -> Instinct -> Palm Pre

    I tweet a lot about the Pre! @bshedwick
  6. #6  
    I subscribed to a few podcasts and cant play them because google reader has a flash player how did you get this to work?
  7. Mitalis's Avatar
    Posts
    180 Posts
    Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
    #7  
    I subscribed to a few podcasts and cant play them because google reader has a flash player how did you get this to work?

    You need to go to the mobile version of the google reader website: http://www.google.com/reader/m/view/

    Slighty off topic, but how can you subscribe to a podcast through google reader?

    Every podcast has a XML or RSS address that you need to tell Google Reader so it can populate the podcasts. Just need to go to the website where they have the subscribe link, usually you can find some form of RSS button, if you can find that, just right click on it and then add the subscription by hand into google reader.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by geobag View Post
    no wonder they felt the need to only include 8GB with the pre, with the ability of streaming podcasts from the web and pandora for movies, I may not even need to load music...

    love it...
    Great, until I can stream my own music library with acceptable battery life, while in locations with a low signal, I will still wish for more than 8 gigs
  9. #9  
    Got it thanks, I figured it out. You have to click on show original then click on the original webpage not just through google reader
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by geobag View Post
    no wonder they felt the need to only include 8GB with the pre, with the ability of streaming podcasts from the web and pandora for movies, I may not even need to load music...

    love it...
    You can use Pandora for movies?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by chrissurra View Post
    Got it thanks, I figured it out. You have to click on show original then click on the original webpage not just through google reader
    Yes, not sure what the poster is talking about. How is google reader facilitating any media streaming?

    Also not sure how you guys got it to work. I click on "see original" and get to a website that says you need to install flash to listen to the podcast?

    What sort of podcasts are you subscribing to?
    What sort of RSS feeds?

    I loaded up as many Revision 3 and TWIT podcasts through the google reader search feature and none of them work on the phone.
  12. #12  
    It depends on how the webpage has them displayed I believe, I had to go to the page itself and only a handful worked. Thats what I gathered from reading the other threads about it.
  13. Mitalis's Avatar
    Posts
    180 Posts
    Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by healimonster View Post
    Yes, not sure what the poster is talking about. How is google reader facilitating any media streaming?

    Also not sure how you guys got it to work. I click on "see original" and get to a website that says you need to install flash to listen to the podcast?

    What sort of podcasts are you subscribing to?
    What sort of RSS feeds?

    I loaded up as many Revision 3 and TWIT podcasts through the google reader search feature and none of them work on the phone.
    I have the TWiT podcasts loaded in Google reader.. You need to click on the subscriptions tab, then click on the appropriate podcast, then scroll down past all the podcast info and look for the "Show Original Source" link and click it... The podcast should start streaming.
  14. #14  
    I have a couple of podcasts that I keep track of in Google Reader (Adam Carolla, HBO's Real Time, etc.)...it saves me the trouble of linking with iTunes.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

    Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G

Posting Permissions