1.    #1  
    For the past two weeks, you all have certainly been busy. This update has 25 more Tips & Tricks with a total of 200.

The Palm Pre Tips & Tricks PDF Version 1.6 is now available in the Hardware/Use/Trouble Shooting Forum.

New Highlights:
    * The undocumented Bold and Italics tricks are added.
    * The Landscape Email hack is added.
    * A number of websites that work very well with the Pre are noted.
    * and 20 others...

Thank you for your new posts and private emails with ideas. It continues to be an amazing ride.

- Craig
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    I cannot post a double thanks on your original post so I'll thank you again here.
  3.    #3  
    And I can thank you right back!

- Craig
    Ever since 1.0.4 I can't seem to get that landscape email hack to work. I had it working before.
    What good is a man if he can not change the world?
    Kingdom of Heaven
    This is really great - thank you for all the hard work - it's really hard to put these kind of things together. A passing thought - might be nice to have a note about the difference between bookmarks, cards and a bookmark as a launch icon. Short version would be just the trick on how to remove bookmark as a launch icon (can never remember that one - does not come up as app listed for deletion). Thanks again, Kevin.
    Using my Pre to help run: www.at-peace.net

Sharp Zaurus->HP Jornada->Sony Clie T615->Treo 650 (CDMA)->Treo 755p->Palm Pre (Disappointed) -> Iphone4 (Happy)
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Thanks for this nice document! Greatly appreciated!!

But... I understand absolutely every statement EXCEPT the 1st item under the Calendar heading. It says, "- To start a new entry, press the new entry button" beside a little picture of something that looks like a bowling ball.

Am I crazy? The only 2 ways I have found to start a new calendar entry include tapping on the calendar itself at the time where you want the event, and then start typing OR tap the word Calendar at the top left, tap New from the menu, tap Event (or All Day Event), and start entering data.

I can't find the magical "New Entry Button" - Can anybody tell me where it is?
    Last edited by larnapp; 07/01/2009 at 02:55 PM.
  7.    #7  
    You are right. There is no add a calendar item button. I will fix that in the next release.

- Craig
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinde View Post
    You are right. There is no add a calendar item button. I will fix that in the next release.

- Craig
    Whew! That's a relief. Thought I was just really stoopid (though that's still a possibility).

I gotta say thanks one more time. This handy little PDF has made me a bit of a hero with the guys at my local Sprint store. They even gave me a free battery and an extra charger as a 'thank you.'

Oh, and I use the PDF myself regularly too.

Thanks!!
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Great help and I mean great. I too have become a hero at the local Sprint store.....no free stuff yet. I keep one copy in the briefcase and one in the car.I live in a town of less than 25 thousand people and we have had about 30 pre's delivered here besides a hospital order. Most of us with the phone know each other so it is quite fun to share tips and stories. I have been fortunate with mine. slight screen twist, small color spot, slight gap between front and back. I would not return for any of those issues. I have had some other problems some due to operator error and using the phone with a low battery which seem to really compound the problems. KEEP those batteries charged especially when you get below 20 %. I have great fun showing this thing off and best of all for me it works well as a phone. I love having the features but if the phone is not good it's a deal breaker. Everyone I call I ask them about how it sounds and have yet to hear an issue. So much for quick reply.....keep the tips coming.
    Really love this file you've been working on. Seriously, Palm should put this in their next news letter thingy.
    Omission?

On page 2, under Zoom In or Out, you mention the pinching gestures but I don't see the double tapping to zoom in/out anywhere in the document.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Websites that work well with the Pre:

http://www.veoh.com/iphone

Selecting a video loads and plays it just like the youtube app.

Brett
    I do not see it listed in your file so I will add ti here. :-D If you are browsing and want to open a link on the page in a new card you can do it by holding the Orange Key and Sym Key then tapping the link.

Kinda awkward to manage but I have not found any other way to do it yet.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bmhanson View Post
    I do not see it listed in your file so I will add ti here. :-D If you are browsing and want to open a link on the page in a new card you can do it by holding the Orange Key and Sym Key then tapping the link.

Kinda awkward to manage but I have not found any other way to do it yet.
    Orange + Space will also open a link in a new card.

Brett
    thx!