Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1.    #1  
    w w w.streetinsider.com/Analyst+Comments/Research+Report+Suggest+Order+Doubled+to+Palm+Pre+Assembler+(PALM)/4764473.html

    (could someone please post this as a link for me? Thanks in advance)


    Very good news indeed. Cliffs:

    *Total June-August shipments expected to reach more than 1 million units

    *WCDMA Pre and Pixie production set to begin in September

    *One key source believes VZ will get an upgraded Pre in January

    *Palm plans 2 more devices for 1H10
  2. #2  
    Yes, thanks, that's awesome. Not too excited that there might be an upgraded Pre as early as January, but more device designs + more devices sold = more software developed.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  3. #3  
    Qualcomm QCP 2700 -> ... Palm m125 ... -> Instinct -> Palm Pre

    I tweet a lot about the Pre! @bshedwick
  4. #4  
    Wouldn't that suck? Sprint helps Palm with marketing this thing, and VZ gets an "upgraded" version. Hmm... last time this happened, Sprint already had the HTC Diamond labled as EOL when Verizon came out with the same Diamond, only this one had a microSD slot while the Sprint version had 4 GB internal and no slot.

    Will history repeat itself?
  5.    #5  
    Looks like the "Pixie" is coming out... unaware.
  6. #6  
    Doesn't matter if Verizon gets an upgraded one, they will cripple the poor thing so bad that anything new on it won't matter-
  7. #7  
    Upgraded will mean more memory or new processor or maybe something with a camera. Sprint will get the same thing at the same time. It's just the Verizon will let Sprint work out the kinks.
  8. #8  
    Or maybe upgraded means upgraded features which the Pre would have by that point. BTW the upgraded Diamond point on Verizon isn't true, cuz while the Verizon one had a slot, the Verizon one also had less ram and slower processor.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by donatom3 View Post
    Or maybe upgraded means upgraded features which the Pre would have by that point. BTW the upgraded Diamond point on Verizon isn't true, cuz while the Verizon one had a slot, the Verizon one also had less ram and slower processor.
    You win some, you lose some...lol
  10. #10  
    :-) Finally. Too bad Sprint didn't do this 2 months ago...
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Wouldn't that suck? Sprint helps Palm with marketing this thing, and VZ gets an "upgraded" version. Hmm... last time this happened, Sprint already had the HTC Diamond labled as EOL when Verizon came out with the same Diamond, only this one had a microSD slot while the Sprint version had 4 GB internal and no slot.

    Will history repeat itself?
    There is a decent chance of that... :-)
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
    :-) Finally. Too bad Sprint didn't do this 2 months ago...
    You must mean Palm ;-). Considering they haven't they've still sold quite a bit.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by donatom3 View Post
    You must mean Palm ;-). Considering they haven't they've still sold quite a bit.
    I mean Sprint. If Sprint guaranteed the volume, Palm would have committed higher numbers to their suppliers. Sprint drives production now because of the exclusivity.
  14. #14  
    So I had the Sprint "upgraded" Touch Diamond? I had that for a week before the Pre and I was THIS close to going back to a BB Curve. Definitely turned me off from Windows Mobile (slow, horrid touch screen, cluttered unintuitive interface). It made using Windows Vista seem simple.
  15. #15  
    I am not bothered by the Verizon plans. I chose Sprint because they are cheaper in the long run for me, especially when I switch to Unlimited Minutes when I am back in season with my business.
  16. #16  
    If they made an updated Pre my #1 would be doubled Flash to 16GB. Second would be to shift the keyboard down a hair to get additional clearance for that top row of keys.
  17. SharonW's Avatar
    Posts
    402 Posts
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyBeeb View Post
    w w w.streetinsider.com/Analyst+Comments/Research+Report+Suggest+Order+Doubled+to+Palm+Pre+Assembler+(PALM)/4764473.html

    (could someone please post this as a link for me? Thanks in advance)


    Very good news indeed. Cliffs:

    *Total June-August shipments expected to reach more than 1 million units

    *WCDMA Pre and Pixie production set to begin in September

    *One key source believes VZ will get an upgraded Pre in January

    *Palm plans 2 more devices for 1H10
    This is HUGE and deserves a bump up!

    Additionally, All Things Digital think the Pixie will launch in November:

    Eos, New Low-End WebOS Smartphone, From Palm by Year End | John Paczkowski | Digital Daily | AllThingsD

Posting Permissions