Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    I've been having some unusual data loss the last few days. Several times my pre has spontaneously removed all the user created content on my phone. When it happens, I lose all my ringtones, all my wallpapers (including all OEM wallpapers except the default 'flowers' wallpaper), all my music, videos, any saved email attachments (pdfs, etc.) as well as any pictures I've taken with the camera. I've tried restoring my music & videos, taken new pictures, etc. They keep getting deleted at seemingly random times. Today it's happened at least three times that I've counted. I'll just decide to go looking for something, a song, a pic, etc. and the pre will tell me the music library is empty, there are no photos, etc. My pre also suffers from the loose battery / slider crash behavior, and I think I just discovered that the data loss happens at the same time as the crashes. I know it didn't erase data this way during previous crashes.

Anyone else experiencing similar behavior or have any ideas? Obviously I'm getting a replacement, but I've been on a waiting list for over a week, just looking for a temporary fix. (I did the folded paper by the battery trick, but I still get a few crashes a day...)

I'm currently running 1.0.3, on a rooted pre. I have the Add/Delete Launcher Pages, the Roam only option and the Dialpad Noise Off hacks applied. I also side loaded (via the email link trick) the 'My Notifications' app.

Thanks for any help!

rotello
    Last edited by rotello; 06/30/2009 at 03:24 PM.
    I am having the same issue any solution?
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I'm having the same issue, but its happened just once, and while I was listening to a song on blue tooth headphones. It reset and then all user data gone. My memory said that it had issue during the quick test. Disturbing. My pre is rooted as well.
    Last edited by fallguy; 08/04/2009 at 11:21 PM.
  4. ZR1
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I've been having this issue I have quite a few patches and some homebrew apps... I ran WebOsRepairUtility until no problems found, it was good for a couple days and then BAM!!! everything gone again! getting tired of losing pictures and ringtones.

If anyone has any ideas of why please chime in.
    TIA
    ZR1
  5. ZR1
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Hmmmmmm No One?
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    seems I'm having this problem too s of late...after the 1.3.1 update in fact. Seems that some of my pics have been disappearing...even after I view them. Wth???
    Quote Originally Posted by fallguy View Post
    I'm having the same issue, but its happened just once, and while I was listening to a song on blue tooth headphones. It reset and then all user data gone. My memory said that it had issue during the quick test. Disturbing. My pre is rooted as well.
    I also had this issue when I was using my bluetooth headset. I received a text and lost my picture of my theme and all music, ringers, photos and pictures in my text messages. I thought it might have something to do with 1.3 OS since it happened for the first time a day after I installed it. I hope this is just a fluke thing. I guess I'm glad I'm not the only one. lol
  8. ZR1
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    My problem went away after I deleted Switcharoo, have you installed that?
    I haven't... I only have a few apps: Music Remix, Reset, Quick Contacts, Pandora.