Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    While walking around a car show on a 95 degree day with my Pre in my pocket, i noticed the unlock gesture failed to work. In fact, the little lock symbol would get extremely erratic - sometimes flicking off the top of the screen It would flick around the screen but wouldn't unlock. And when it would unlock, the screen wouldn't respond to my touch. I had to leave my phone out for several minutes before it would work again. Anyone else notice this?
    Um. Lets see.......NOPE. Phones do this once in a while. Deal with it
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by d0llarm3nu View Post
    wow another sensitive Pre user. relax buddy, it'll be alright.
    Classy.
    Quote Originally Posted by blz2 View Post
    While walking around a car show on a 95 degree day with my Pre in my pocket, i noticed the unlock gesture failed to work. In fact, the little lock symbol would get extremely erratic - sometimes flicking off the top of the screen It would flick around the screen but wouldn't unlock. And when it would unlock, the screen wouldn't respond to my touch. I had to leave my phone out for several minutes before it would work again. Anyone else notice this?
    Hasn't happened to me. Has this only happened once? Did you have any apps running? Maybe your processor was working hard on something else. It's been pretty hot in SoCal over the last few days and I haven't noticed anything similar. Hopefully it was a onetime deal for you.
    I used my PRE for 11 days at WDW the past few weeks with no issues at all. It was blistering hot and humid behind normal for this time of the year. Throw in the people and I bet it was well ove 100+ degrees for most of the time during the day. At the waterparks it was tossed into a locker so I'm sure it heated up in there.

It would get a bit sluggish every now and then so a SoftReset took care of that .
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou View Post
    Hasn't happened to me. Has this only happened once? Did you have any apps running? Maybe your processor was working hard on something else. It's been pretty hot in SoCal over the last few days and I haven't noticed anything similar. Hopefully it was a onetime deal for you.
    Unfortunately i don't live in Sunny Cali so it's not always hot here in Illinois, however it does hit the mid 90's. This was the first time i'd been out in the heat for a long period of tiem with my Pre. It has since cooled down here and hasn't done it again.
    Ya...what was that about? Cranky much? Perhaps your in the midst of a legal battle with the New York Yankees regarding the "originality" of your business logo or something? If so let us know and we can let you off the hook this time :-)

blz2 - Heat does funny stuff bizarre stuff to electronics but considering a daytime high of 95F is not all that unusual for a big section of the USA every summer I would hope they could design the Pre to handle that.

Bingo! Page 20 of the General User Guide: Important Safety and Legal Information......"Do not expose your phone or its accessories to extreme temps, min 14F and max 140F (-10c to 60c for the rest of the planet)."

So technically if you stay in this range you should not have temperature related issues. That said, IL on a hot humid day with sun, your pocket could have been getting close. It would be interesting to hear if this continues to happen to you.
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 06/30/2009 at 04:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by blz2 View Post
    Yup, happened to me over the weekend too. Also a few times right after charging on a touchstone.
    My touchscreen has gone wild 3 or 4 times since launch day, always when charging in a vehicle, via usb. The phone gets hot, even hotter with Telenav on.

The charger not keeping up forced me to begin using an inverter plus AC power. I'm not sure yet if AC power also solves the TS issue.

How wild? It becomes uncalibrated, to the point that pushing the launcher button launches Contacts. Tapping an app in launcher opens the app two icons over, and tapping anywhere shows the rain drop appearing anywhere but where I tapped.
    Naw I was just messin around but mine doesn't do that