1.    #1  
    Just got off the phone with tech support because my screen won't recognize any touches. This is great, because without the use of the screen, I can't do a hard reset! So now I have to drive 40 minutes to the Sprint Store, who I already called and was told they don't have a replacement, to have them try to reset it. Good bye productivity today! I'm a business owner, I need my phone, and I really don't have time to take 3-4 hours of my day because of horrible build quality on this Pre!
    Now I'm scared that if I get a replacement, I'll end up with dead pixels, or even worse screen wobble. I love the Pre, but I don't have the time to keep exchanging phones till I get a good one!
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Why not just pop the battery?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ION-q View Post
    Why not just pop the battery?
    Tried that, didn't make it work. Tried the reset by holding the power button and flicking the silence button 3 times. Didn't work.

It did this the other day for a second, but I opened and shut the keyboard a couple times, and it worked again. Just thought it was a weird little glitch. I guess it was more than that.

I've also had significant signal issues, in areas that were just fine with my 755p.

Ok, weird, I just touched the screen on the phone, and now its working again...
    Is it possible that something is shorting out between the screen half and the keyboard half?
    Odd.
  4.    #4  
    And now it stopped working again.
    sorry to hear about that man... sucks.

Don't test out new phones as a business owner!
    Decide whether to get another or walk away. Shouldn't have to live through that level of hardware nightmare.
    If opening and closing the keyboard fixed it, sounds like the touch screen connector is just barely hanging on. Probably fully came out now. Don't think software will reset fix that.
  8. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    if your a business owner and depend on your device that much, id probably return it and wait a few months to re-purchase
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    try going in and out of card view
    This exact thing happened with my first Pre too. I feel for you, it sucks.

I went to a repair center and had to wait an hour for them to troubleshoot it and not be able to fix it....which is what I knew they would tell me. When I dropped it off, they said that I would have to be wait listed to get a fix.

I told them that was crazy, that I just bought at full price and didn't want to have to wait for a replacement. Asked if they had any in stock, they didn't really answer the question.

When I came back, low and behold they had a new Pre that they were activating for me.

Just because they say they don't have any in stock, I would really push them for a replacement ASAP. Tell them you are a business owner and have to have it for your work. You never know a new one may just appear.
    Yeah if the taking the battery out thing didn't work, a hard reset won't fix it either. Since it works sporadically, I'd definitely say it's hardware, not software. Don't waste your time going to that Sprint Store, are there any others in your area that might have one in stock for immediate exchange? I feel your pain as a fellow business owner, I can't live without my phone, but I have been lucky so far in that I have no issues with my Pre besides screen wobble.
  12.    #12  
    Yeah, I didn't have any problems with this phone at all for the first two weeks, other than weak signal. No dead pixels, no blotchy screen. I thought I got lucky.
    Guess not.

Oh, and its working again. Go figure.
    Well...don't settle for a sporadically working touch screen! Murphys law dictates, it will work when it shouldn't (like when showing it to a sprint rep), and it won't work when you really need it (the rest of the time).
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky977 View Post
    Yeah, I didn't have any problems with this phone at all for the first two weeks, other than weak signal. No dead pixels, no blotchy screen. I thought I got lucky.
    Guess not.

Oh, and its working again. Go figure.
    I'd be on my way to the store to replace it.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I'd be on my way to the store to replace it.
    I will be on my way once they get on in stock. My wife used to work at this Sprint store, so I'm fairly certain they don't have one if thats what they are telling me. Its just a matter of when their shipment comes in and then they will swap it out for me.

And because I just know you are all at the edge of your seats wanting to know, its not working again.