Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    After reception issues from day one...multiple handsets...thousands of online posts read...I'm finally going to say it..."I was wrong." "I picked the wrong phone." Whew....that feels good. I wanted this phone to be good, but in reality it shouldn't have been released yet, since it's not working yet. After I got my phone, a friend of mine commented on how cool the interface, screen, OS was, and I said something like "Yep, and next year it's even going to be able to make phone calls!" I was JOKING, but I later sadly realized how true that statement was...I live in a small hamlet (Houston, TX) so I understand that I should expect DAILY periods of intermittent roaming, dropped calls, etcetera, but am finally throwing in the towel. When I talked to sprint, they said they had not heard of ANYONE else having reception issues with the pre..............REALLY???............I guess it's just me, then........Anyone ELSE happy to admit their mistake?
    Sorry it didn't work out for you. Mine has 4 bars right now at work and has good reception where I live.
    If your getting the horrible service everywhere then yea you should probably take it back, however if your getting bad service just at your house if you call retention and say your canceling your contract b/c of horrible or no service at home, they will most likely give you a free Airave and waive the monthly fees.

EDIT: I am still deciding whether or not to take mine back, its gotten MUCH better the past few days, however I still get pretty bad reception at home but not enough to play the 'i'm gonna cancel service' game yet. The more I play with it the better it gets.
    these type of threads are getting really old.
    Instead of blaming the phone's reception, perhaps your problem is with Sprint's service in your area. You should call and see if they'll give you an airave.
    I admit to not buying a touchstone, I do want one but I don't want to pay the additional expenses right now. Other then that my Pre is freakin sweet.
    You picked a bad place to admit that the PrPrPr&#$275$;'$s$ $phone$ $is$ $less$ $than$ $optimum$. $I$ $admitted$ $defeat$ $yesterday$ over here and was blasted left and right by PrPrPr&#$275$; $fanboys$ $who$ $refuse$ $to$ $admit$ $that$ $maybe$ $the$ $Pr$&#$275$; $isn$'$t$ $the$ $right$ $choice$ $for$ $everybody$.

I'm visiting Sprint tomorrow to play with the Lotus and whatever else they have working.

I said something like "Yep, and next year it's even going to be able to make phone calls!"
    Nail. Head. HIT!
    Lol. Sucks for YOU. YOUR Pre sucked. My Pre is awesome. I LOVE THIS KOOL AID!
    Quote Originally Posted by mazook98 View Post
    After reception issues from day one...multiple handsets...thousands of online posts read...I'm finally going to say it..."I was wrong." "I picked the wrong phone." Whew....that feels good. I wanted this phone to be good, but in reality it shouldn't have been released yet, since it's not working yet. After I got my phone, a friend of mine commented on how cool the interface, screen, OS was, and I said something like "Yep, and next year it's even going to be able to make phone calls!" I was JOKING, but I later sadly realized how true that statement was...I live in a small hamlet (Houston, TX) so I understand that I should expect DAILY periods of intermittent roaming, dropped calls, etcetera, but am finally throwing in the towel. When I talked to sprint, they said they had not heard of ANYONE else having reception issues with the pre..............REALLY???............I guess it's just me, then........Anyone ELSE happy to admit their mistake?
    What mistake, mine works fine. None of the issues you just mentioned.

Oh wait, my mistake - a wasted 5 minutes of my life reading a rant from a self-absorbed whiner. My bad.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leftyman View Post
    these type of threads are getting really old.
    YAAAWN...they get me sleepy...zzzzzzzzz
    Quote Originally Posted by Far Left Texas View Post
    You picked a bad place to admit that the PrPrPr&#$275$;'$s$ $phone$ $is$ $less$ $than$ $optimum$. $I$ $admitted$ $defeat$ $yesterday$ over here and was blasted left and right by PrPrPr&#$275$; $fanboys$ $who$ $refuse$ $to$ $admit$ $that$ $maybe$ $the$ $Pr$&#$275$; $isn$'$t$ $the$ $right$ $choice$ $for$ $everybody$.

I'm visiting Sprint tomorrow to play with the Lotus and whatever else they have working.

Nail. Head. HIT!
    The problem is he isn't saying "that maybe the Pre isn't the right choice for everybody"... You did see the idiotic title with the "kool-aid" portion right? and you did actually read his post, right?

He's trolling.

Nail. Head. HIT!
    What you guys don't get is that just bc something doesn't work for you, it doesn't make someone else that likes that very same thing a fanboy. You saying the Pre sucks and that it shouldn't have been released is ridiculous because its just your experience with it. So you don't like it- I'm ok with that. Return it and get something that works for you. But don't expect everyone to agree with you or even to sympathize when they have a completely different experience with the device.
    What's wrong guys him returning his Pre makes you feel insecure? I guess all the engadget tools leaving flaming comments found their way to the Pre. It didn't work out for him and others, so what? If you really think the Pre is fine you certainly haven't spent a lot of time playing with other devices because when you do it is obvious Palm has a lot of work to do.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    This is your only post? Thanks for contributing to the community. Hope we were able to help. Enjoy your 3GS.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mazook98 View Post

Does returning your phone also come with a promise to troll somewhere else? I'll give you a shiny nickel....
  16.    #16  
    Are you saying you don't believe me that I've had these issues???? I don't know what "troling" is, but why dont you email me on my pre....IF my phone works enough to get the message, ill reply, and you will see its coming from my pre...As for "these types of threads are getting old"....I'd say, returning this phone 3 times and always having the exact same issue got REAL old. Give me a break.
    Then get another phone. Sprint obviously doesn't work in your area.

Later.
    let's see, email pushes perfectly...no reception issues except for those areas that i've always experienced them in...no hardware/screen issues...phone has frozen 1 or 2 times...but compared to wm that's a dream...battery life leaves something to be desired but has improved with the updates...overall i'm pretty damn happy with this phone and it will only get better with future updates and app releases.

op, it sounds like you need an iphone. have fun.
    There is a big difference between "admitting that maybe the PrPrPr&#$275$; $isn$'$t$ $the$ $right$ $choice$ $for$ $everyone$&$quot$; $and$ &$quot$;$putting$ $down$ $the$ $kool$-$aid$&$quot$; $and$ $claiming$ $it$ &$quot$;$just$ $doesn$'$t$ $work$&$quot$;.

I would say the first about any device no matter how perfect or awesome. No one tool is right for every job or every user.

That said, mine works wonderfully and I haven't had kool-aid in years. Are there things I would like to see improve? Sure. I have said that about every device I have owned. Until my phone is a pocket supercomputer with holographic display and wireless connection to the subspace high-bandwidth meganet I will always find things I would like improved. That doesn't mean this device isn't a general improvement over my last one and one that has proven to be very useful to me in my daily activities. I pay something like $50-55 per month for my half of 1500 daytime minutes and unlimited everything else. I have yet to find any other device that can compete with the capabilities of the Pre at that price. A few others come close but at higher cost. For me it has nothing to do with Kool-aid and everything to do with finding a decent device that I find worth the money. If it is not that to you then by all means find what works for you. Nobody ever said to keep something that you don't like or find worth the cost.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    What's wrong guys him returning his Pre makes you feel insecure? I guess all the engadget tools leaving flaming comments found their way to the Pre. It didn't work out for him and others, so what? If you really think the Pre is fine you certainly haven't spent a lot of time playing with other devices because when you do it is obvious Palm has a lot of work to do.
    I have no problem with him returning it. It's not for everybody, there are lots of phones for a reason. I just find it strange that he never found a reason to post when he had a problem, yet he thought it was imperative we know he is returning it. I don't care, but I'd be happy to try and help him. Not that I'm very helpful, but there are lots of other people here who are.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast