Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Far Left Texas View Post
    I define a fanboy as someone who, when someone else makes a poor comment about a PrPrPr&#$275$;, $comes$ $back$ $and$ $slams$ $the$ $person$ $making$ $the$ $post$.

One person yesterday actually said a flip phone would work for me but that I would "have to worry about accidentally closing it while speaking on the phone."

At least some people on these boards attempt to assist and help, empathize and acknowledge. Others seem to live to blast and flame.
    That was me!! I was being a little mean, but your complaint, that you accidentally hang up on people by pushing the hang up button was easy to make fun of. I did defend you later in the thread, btw.

A fanboy is someone that is such a fan of some thing, in this case the Pre, that they are irrationally protective/defensive of said thing to the point of hating on anything/anyone that competes with or says anything bad about that thing. What you describe is a jerk. Maybe I'm a jerk, but I'm not a fanboy. As much as I like the Pre, it's just a phone to me. A great phone, IMO, but still one that has faults and needs improvement.
    I must live in some alien part of the country....I never have less than 2 bars(EV) on my PRE.

Eh oh well....wasted my time posting in this useless thread anyway....go figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Far Left Texas View Post
    At least some people on these boards attempt to assist and help, empathize and acknowledge. Others seem to live to blast and flame.
    Unfortunately, there are individuals that fit that description on both sides of the Pre "discussion"
    I will join in with the others here.
    My Pre works great and my coverage is good (but not great or awesome).
    I'm still happy with mine.

The thing is that if you're in an area with spotty coverage to begin with, then you should be basing your choice of CELL PHONE provider on who has the best coverage there, not which is the coolest phone. Don't blame the Pre for spotty coverage, blame Sprint. Or call Sprint and ask for an AirRave like another user posted. That said, I admit that there are hardware issues. What 1st generation phone doesn't have issues or bugs that need to be worked out. Sometimes, you can do all the quality testing you want, but bugs won't necessarily be realized until you go into a real world situation (most of the hardware bugs I've heard about so far have to do mainly with either the LCD or the slider). The function of the phone itself so far seems to be ok (although signal strength and battery optimization could be better)...
    Quote Originally Posted by mazook98 View Post
    ...I live in a small hamlet (Houston, TX) so I understand that I should expect DAILY periods of intermittent roaming...
    Currently I am in the thriving metropolis of Baker, CA (home of the world's largest thermometer), between Las Vegas and Barstow, and I have either 4 or 5 bars EVDO. The phone is faster browsing than the Macbook on the motel's weak wifi signal.

I write this on the Pre. I have adapted to the small keyboard (it's a small phone), I just wish it was brighter in total darkness (and screen dimmer).

The phone has room for improvement, and I look forward to the upgrades.

I cancelled my T-mo account days ago, and will pay the $100.00 etf, because the Pre's pluses outweigh the minuses for me, even at this early stage in development.

Just because you have had issues you haven't resolved, no need to take us all down with you, a la Jim Jones.
    Last edited by galavanter; 06/30/2009 at 01:38 PM.
    How is my thread off-topic?? I REALLY wanted the pre to be a good phone.....I am on my 4th handset and have had NO issues like loose slider, twisting, dead pixels, any of that. My only issues have been reception, but that is a MAJOR issue, since I bought this to use as a phone, not just a PDA...I have NEVER owned anything made by apple; the last apple I touched was a IIC in 1984 or 5, so I'm not trying to make waves like that.
    You focused in on one part of Wikipedia's description. Here, I'll help you:

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.
    Does that help?

You came to a Pre discussion board, where most of the users are happy with their devices, and implied that those that were not doing as you are (returning the device and whining about it) were kool-aid drinkers.

Not only that, it was your very first post on the forum.

Bad troll, bad...
  7.    #47  
    Some of you people should go work for Sprint or Palm customer service....You would be PERFECT....."I'm very sorry for your problems sir, I must say that this is the first time I've heard of such a problem." Where would you prefer I discuss my frustrations with this phone? Isn't this THE place to talk about them?
    Some of you people should go work for Sprint or Palm customer service....You would be PERFECT....."I'm very sorry for your problems sir, I must say that this is the first time I've heard of such a problem." Where would you prefer I discuss my frustrations with this phone? Isn't this THE place to talk about them?
    This is precisely the place to talk about it. It's not, however, the place to say that everyone that has had good experiences with the phone is "drinking the kool-aid"- implying that your experience is the norm. There are quite a few complaint threads on these boards. Post in one of them. Explain your issues. But don't expect to call the majority of the people on the boards kool-aid drinkers and expect their sympathy.
    AGAIN your the one with the problems ,. most of us have a great working PRE so stop talking for everyone . You got a bad phone. return it and get something you like. And theres already post for the Pre Issues, no need to create a brand new one.

I think the title of this thread should of been MY pre just doesn't work!
    After reception issues from day one...multiple handsets...thousands of online posts read...I'm finally going to say it..."I was wrong." "I picked the wrong phone." Whew....that feels good. I wanted this phone to be good, but in reality it shouldn't have been released yet, since it's not working yet. After I got my phone, a friend of mine commented on how cool the interface, screen, OS was, and I said something like "Yep, and next year it's even going to be able to make phone calls!" I was JOKING, but I later sadly realized how true that statement was...I live in a small hamlet (Houston, TX) so I understand that I should expect DAILY periods of intermittent roaming, dropped calls, etcetera, but am finally throwing in the towel. When I talked to sprint, they said they had not heard of ANYONE else having reception issues with the pre..............REALLY???............I guess it's just me, then........Anyone ELSE happy to admit their mistake?
    I'm sure you made the right choice for you. I'm in a big city and I have problems from time to time too. For me and my particular phone, the benefits outweigh the costs. Synergy and multi-tasking have been a dream. I do believe quality control was lacking and Palm/Sprint will pay a price for it. I'm just happy to have a decent unit.
  12.    #52  
    I guess I got 4 bad phones in a row....I guess it's just me, not the phone....there are no problems...I repeat "no problems".......p....a....l....m.....p.....r....e.....i......s.....a.....g....o....
    ...o.....d.....p.....h.....o....n.....e......there are no problems......
    Now you get it, its you . You can get 15 bad Pre's but if most of us are HAPPY with it and have no problems then yes its YOU. Hope you find a phone you have better luck with. Let me get back to my kool aid.

I guess I got 4 bad phones in a row....I guess it's just me, not the phone....there are no problems...I repeat "no problems".......p....a....l....m.....p.....r....e.....i......s.....a.....g....o....
    ...o.....d.....p.....h.....o....n.....e......there are no problems......
    In your case, I would say no. You're not here asking about how to get past your problems. You're post really didn't even really warn others of possible problems. It was simply a rant, and a slam against those that don't have the same issues as you.

So no, this isn't "THE place" to talk about it all. Maybe a professional therapist woud suit you better?
    Good luck with whatever phone you go with.
    My Pre has been great and rock solid.
    I used to hit multiple dead spots with my AT&T phone, including my house, but with the Pre I haven't hit any in almost a month.

Has nothing to do with Kool-Aid, it's just a great phone.
    Went from iPhone to Pre and love it!
    Well I can say I am very happy with my decision to get the Pre best phone I could have picked by far. It is stupid to expect that the phone would be perfect on day one I mean come on it is a 1st device of it's kind. Sorry it didn't work out for you but hey I get great reception no matter where I am at, so if you are throwing in the towel go ahead enjoy what ever other phone you are going to purchase. But me I am sticking with my Pre
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Aside from getting 4 new phones, what else have you tried to do to resolve reception issues? There are a number of threads out there with suggestions ranging from switching your network preferences to Sprint only, hacking the Pre to allow for ROAM only, to calling CSR to get an airave.

From a lot of people's perspective, you have entered this forum for the sole purpose of making a general statement that all Pres are terrible and that anyone who likes it is sipping "kool-aid." The fact of the matter is that a lot of people do not have the same issues that you're seeing, and based on your own comments, if their phone works as a "phone" then wouldn't you be happy also?

Anyway, good luck with whatever phone you get.
    Are you saying you don't believe me that I've had these issues???? I don't know what "troling" is, but why dont you email me on my pre....IF my phone works enough to get the message, ill reply, and you will see its coming from my pre...As for "these types of threads are getting old"....I'd say, returning this phone 3 times and always having the exact same issue got REAL old. Give me a break.
    Guys this guy just NEEDS validation, so dont give it to him and let the thread die
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    SPRINT HAS ALWAYS WORKED IN MY AREA....just NOT on this phone! Do I need to type this in a different language? Jesus.......

No, (and it's "Hay-soos" in another language) you just need to type in the address of your nearest Sprint store and take it back. Be done with it. What's with this "misery loves company" BS? It doesn't work for you. Pick one that does or go to another carrier. Grow a set and take care of your own issues rather than casting a broad invitation to your pity party.

bj
    Funny thread! It's funny reading how people get so worked up. Watch your blood pressure. Seems a lot of heart attacks going around.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast