Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    SPRINT HAS ALWAYS WORKED IN MY AREA....just NOT on this phone! Do I need to type this in a different language? Jesus.......
    Hehe. I echo the OP sentiments here... I am a Palm Pre fanboy, but an Apple iPhone user. Why? Because something as essential as a phone/PIM should JUST WORK.

As a project phone it's great, but not so much as a 'daily driver'. I gotta hand it to Palm though - it is a sexy little beast, but I put it down for the same reason I no longer drive an Alfa Romeo

-n8
    The point is that there's a much more respectful way that these things can be said other than "Put down the kool-aid... The pre just doesn't work!"

Most of the people here have had no such reception issues.

Now, I'll agree that the response to Far Left Texas' thread was a little harsh, because it was said respectfully and had a purpose (he was asking about other good phones on the Sprint network).

This thread could've been said much better though.
    Sippin my Kool-Aid and lovin my Pre. Maybe use this as an opportunity to move out of Texas?
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mazook98 View Post
    Are you saying you don't believe me that I've had these issues???? I don't know what "troling" is, but why dont you email me on my pre....IF my phone works enough to get the message, ill reply, and you will see its coming from my pre...As for "these types of threads are getting old"....I'd say, returning this phone 3 times and always having the exact same issue got REAL old. Give me a break.
    You just didn't need to say the phone (as a whole) sucked because you can't get good reception where you are with the Pre. Phone reception vary.

Troll (Internet) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    What's wrong guys him returning his Pre makes you feel insecure? I guess all the engadget tools leaving flaming comments found their way to the Pre. It didn't work out for him and others, so what? If you really think the Pre is fine you certainly haven't spent a lot of time playing with other devices because when you do it is obvious Palm has a lot of work to do.
    ??? I don't think anyone cares if he returns his phone & there is no evidence that anyone is insecure by it. It was the way he presented things:

"The pre just doesn't work."

"...it shouldn't have been released yet since its not working yet."

"...and next year it's even going to be able to make phone calls!"

Obviously a lot of people have phones that do work. I for one, am glad it was released since it STILL does things even the more mature 3G S won't do. I have a niece & nephew-in-law in Houston & their Pres are working just fine so far. I live in the Hill Country outside San Antonio & have not had a single call drop.

Most on this Forum have talked about how much the Pre can still improve. This just goes to show how incorrect your last statement was: "If you think the Pre is fine, you certainly haven't spent a lot of time playing with other devices..."

I have spent hours on the iPhone & BB as I am sure others have. They are fine phones. You, of course, have absolutely no basis for your statement.

Of course there is room (plenty of it) for improvement--just as there is on any electronic device.

Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou View Post
    What you guys don't get is that just bc something doesn't work for you, it doesn't make someone else that likes that very same thing a fanboy.
    I define a fanboy as someone who, when someone else makes a poor comment about a PrPrPr&#$275$;, $comes$ $back$ $and$ $slams$ $the$ $person$ $making$ $the$ $post$.

One person yesterday actually said a flip phone would work for me but that I would "have to worry about accidentally closing it while speaking on the phone."

At least some people on these boards attempt to assist and help, empathize and acknowledge. Others seem to live to blast and flame.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    SPRINT HAS ALWAYS WORKED IN MY AREA....just NOT on this phone! Do I need to type this in a different language? Jesus.......
    It seems like it's hit or miss. I actually have better service with my Pre than my old Sprint phone in areas (home and work) where my service wasn't great...
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Far Left Texas View Post
    I define a fanboy as someone who, when someone else makes a poor comment about a PrPrPr&#$275$;, $comes$ $back$ $and$ $slams$ $the$ $person$ $making$ $the$ $post$.

One person yesterday actually said a flip phone would work for me but that I would "have to worry about accidentally closing it while speaking on the phone."

At least some people on these boards attempt to assist and help, empathize and acknowledge. Others seem to live to blast and flame.
    And you made a big dramatic thread about returning your Pre, and you're still here. Why? If I ditched on a product, I wouldn't keep coming around. What's the point? To warn others off as a humanitarian gesture? Please.
    When I'm at work, if I'm in the back room of the office, sometimes I lose EV and drop to roaming. Oh no!? I can still receive texts, and go online. So for me, Sprint is a nice network backed up by the biggest US network, Verizon. It's pretty hard to not have a Verizon or Sprint signal, at least for me.

2 dead pixels + awesome phone = Pre does work. Go math!
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    What mistake, mine works fine. None of the issues you just mentioned.

Oh wait, my mistake - a wasted 5 minutes of my life reading a rant from a self-absorbed whiner. My bad.
    Pot meet kettle
    -Treo 650 | 700wx | Centro | 800w | Treo Pro
    maybe we need a "gripes" sticky or something?
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  13.    #33  
    How is my thread off-topic?? I REALLY wanted the pre to be a good phone.....I am on my 4th handset and have had NO issues like loose slider, twisting, dead pixels, any of that. My only issues have been reception, but that is a MAJOR issue, since I bought this to use as a phone, not just a PDA...I have NEVER owned anything made by apple; the last apple I touched was a IIC in 1984 or 5, so I'm not trying to make waves like that.
    Well I actually enjoy my Palm Pre, no issues. No hardware issues, I get good coverage.

But ya this phone isn't for everyone. If you don't like it, give it some more time (before the 30 day return period). If you really hate it return it and get another phone.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    After reception issues from day one...multiple handsets...thousands of online posts read...I'm finally going to say it..."I was wrong." "I picked the wrong phone." Whew....that feels good. I wanted this phone to be good, but in reality it shouldn't have been released yet, since it's not working yet. After I got my phone, a friend of mine commented on how cool the interface, screen, OS was, and I said something like "Yep, and next year it's even going to be able to make phone calls!" I was JOKING, but I later sadly realized how true that statement was...I live in a small hamlet (Houston, TX) so I understand that I should expect DAILY periods of intermittent roaming, dropped calls, etcetera, but am finally throwing in the towel. When I talked to sprint, they said they had not heard of ANYONE else having reception issues with the pre..............REALLY???............I guess it's just me, then........Anyone ELSE happy to admit their mistake?
    As far as service, it's sprint, not the phone. put down the dress...
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou View Post
    What you guys don't get is that just bc something doesn't work for you, it doesn't make someone else that likes that very same thing a fanboy. You saying the Pre sucks and that it shouldn't have been released is ridiculous because its just your experience with it. So you don't like it- I'm ok with that. Return it and get something that works for you. But don't expect everyone to agree with you or even to sympathize when they have a completely different experience with the device.
    And don't proclaim that the rest of us have sipped the kool-aid because we're not having the issues you've had.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    What's wrong guys him returning his Pre makes you feel insecure? I guess all the engadget tools leaving flaming comments found their way to the Pre. It didn't work out for him and others, so what? If you really think the Pre is fine you certainly haven't spent a lot of time playing with other devices because when you do it is obvious Palm has a lot of work to do.
    Wrong!! Nothing is wrong with him returning his Pre, and it certainly doesn't make me insecure.

However, stupid comments like the one above do grate on me. Yes, I've spent a lot of time "playing with other devices", and what is "obvious" to you isn't to me.

It would seem as if you are on a personal crusade to disparage the device and anything associated with it (including users that happen to like it). Why is that? Is there something about the success of the Pre that makes you insecure?
    Pre is workign fine for me. Loving the kool aid. Dont talk for other people , just speak for yourself. Your opinion means little to anyone if you try to speak for everyone. Pre is the best phone I have ever used. Gotta pour me some more of that kool aid.
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 06/30/2009 at 01:36 PM.
  19. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I'm going to chime in to say:

The reception on my device is great (Portland, Ore), My hardware is without issue, aside from a *little* play when it's closed, and the phone portion of the phone works just fine for me.

And as far as Far Left Texas is concerned, I'll reiterate my response to you in your thread:
    Okay, so be mindful of where you place your finger?
    Anyone else wanna say it? Troll.

Just because it's not working for the OP doesn't mean the phone is premature. There are countless posts with nothing but praise for the phone. Before making a sweeping generalization, you had damn well better check your facts.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast