Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by as147 View Post
    So why doesn't someone start a Poll to see how many users have experienced problems. That will settle the debate as to whether there is a vocal minority or not.

I (as a prospective buyer) would like to know
    For the love of everything holy, please just do a search...i wonder why those polls seem to drop down the forum lists so often.....
    It is possible the issues you are reporting are considered normal to palm and not issues of significance to them.

I am on my 2nd waiting for my third because of pixel issues, and yeah it's annoying, but i'd take the pre and love it even with a dead pixel. If the issues are as annoying to you, to need to "poll" to see if a "class action lawsuit" is warranted, your re-course is to return it and move to another phone.

If i were you I wouldn't exchange it 7 times and run out the 30 day trial. Ask yourself, if I get #9 and it has blotches or a wobble and day 31 rolls around, are you gonna deal with it because its the PRE? or will you "expect" sprint to let you return it and move to a different phone?
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 06/30/2009 at 01:11 PM.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Some people have problems, others have not.

Me and my girl purchased a phone each, and i got no issues (except some play from the slider which doesn't bother me) but my girl had numerous problems with her phone (shutting off out of no where, the power button stopped working, overheating, ect..)

So currently she on her 2nd phone and so far so good.

For me, I think they could have built a bit stronger phone. Everyone that has seen the phone says it feels cheap which I agree.
    Sprint Palm Pre-
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowGod View Post
    I think the problems are blown out of proportion. All first versions of new hardware have issues. No way they're gonna recall anything.
    I completely agree with this point. First versions are notorious for hardware issues of some kind.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowGod View Post
    Keep your Pre with one dead pixel, that's as good as you're gonna get.
    However, I could not agree less with this statement. You just paid several hundred dollars on a new device. Why should you not expect that device to be the way it should be? If there is a dead pixel it should be returned for another. If that one has a dead pixel, rinse and repeat. When you pay that much for something I think it is not unreasonable to demand that the thing you paid for is up to expectations.
  4. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I'm on my first Pre, which I purchased on launch day. Other than a *little* play when the slider is closed, the phone works like a champ.
    Quote Originally Posted by hon View Post
    The truth is, iphone 3G had the least problems comparing with all other "smart" phones.
    Is this substantiated?
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    Is this substantiated?
    he "heard" it on the grapevine.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  7. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Haven't you heard? Palm has already recalled the Pre.
    I haven't bought a product this unfinished since the Coleco ADAM in the eighties....this gives me the same feeling of dread.....
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    They are not overblown. i was one of the high and mighty here who would decry all the moaners and whiners and the cry babies....then i got a damn BUBBLE in my screen!!!!

Now given all the other problems reported on this forum and others, i;m willing to live with an inconspicuous, hardley noticed and doesn't interfere with my pre bubble, but what if something else happens to my phone?......i'd become one of the whiners too.

And so would you.

Here's hoping i don't develop another bubble lest i become a whiner myself..
    Quote Originally Posted by mazook98 View Post
    I haven't bought a product this unfinished since the Coleco ADAM in the eighties....this gives me the same feeling of dread.....
    troll.
    Quote Originally Posted by leftyman View Post
    troll.
    You should respect your elders.
    Quote Originally Posted by gmfeier View Post
    You should respect your elders.

show me one and I will.
    No, but they are going to have to make good on every single defective unit. Unless the thing starts catching fire or shocking people, there will be no recall.
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by blaidan View Post
    I completely agree with this point. First versions are notorious for hardware issues of some kind.

However, I could not agree less with this statement. You just paid several hundred dollars on a new device. Why should you not expect that device to be the way it should be? If there is a dead pixel it should be returned for another. If that one has a dead pixel, rinse and repeat. When you pay that much for something I think it is not unreasonable to demand that the thing you paid for is up to expectations.
    Yeah... I don't know, maybe I will try exchanging it. Time is running out (I bought on launch day) so I guess I mineaswell do it. The manager at the Sprint store in Santa Monica, CA told me that this is the only time I can exchange it.... after this, I have to go to a sprint SERVICE store. Should I just go in there and and refuse to accept anything but a new phone? I feel like a jerk for putting the poor people in the store through this.
  15. hon
    yes, it was published a few months ago. Roughly about 8% iphone vs 15% blackberries as I recall.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    There's nothing that would be a recall issue. There are phones that are 100% fine (like mine). It would be ridiculous to recall them. There may be a production quality issue which forces them to accept more returns and do more exchanges than they like but that's already happening now and I have to imagine they are trying to figure out how to minimize it (for both economic and PRPRPR $reasons$). $And$, $it$'$s$ $the$ $sort$ $of$ $thing$ $they$ $will$ $never$ $make$ $an$ $announcement$ $about$, $until$ $well$ $after$ $it$'$s$ $been$ $dealt$ $with$.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    I currently have a Centro, a Treo Pro, and a Pre, and I have owned a 700w and a 800w. The Pre has the worst build quality by far. The Treo Pro is hands down better built. My Pre has 4 stuck pixels, a creaky battery cover, and overall just doesn't feel like a quality product. I do not have any wobble, blotches, and twisting problems, however. I love the phone, but I wish that HTC was the ODM like the Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post

...i wonder why those polls seem to drop down the forum lists so often.....

One reason why polls drop down the list is that votes aren't considered a "new post". Unless a comment is left the poll won't go to the top of the new posts.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberstven View Post
    I agree that I would like an official poll, but I take those with a grain of salt. I don't think everyone is entirely honest (people with errors may not say they have errors and apple fan boys might vote that it has errors).
    (sigh) It's even on this front page right now. Note, the never exchanged and one-time-only exchangers total 88% and they are BIG numbers voting.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pre/poll-1589-a.html

The worst two categories, four and five exchanges, have only increased recently by a total of 7 since the poll began which was sometime last week, I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by hon View Post
    yes, it was published a few months ago. Roughly about 8% iphone vs 15% blackberries as I recall.
    Not good enough. If you are going to post statistics like this you must give your source or your statistics will not have much credibility in many people's eyes.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast