Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    The point of this thread was to bash the author of this fail article geez, can we focus our vitriol on the right people??
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    I consult small businesses on a daily basis as a CPA. Smartphones are just a hobby for me. Thanks for the insult though. If you like to actually discuss a topic, then post about it. All you seem to do is make idiotic insults while asking people why they're here. Hopefully your parents explained that to you a long time ago..
    Idiotic? Was that an insult?

Oh, no need to ask, I know why you're here...

Since i got an iphone 3gs, i can give an example from just now:...
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    I don't get this. Not everyone wants a slider or needs a Pro type device. The EoS/Centro is popular among the set that doesn't need all of those Pro features. It's a market that exists. Palm is employing the RIM model where you have various models of phones across various carriers so that you provide a little something for everyone. The plan seems reasonable to me. Why would a company that needs to gain more market share concentrate on only one device? It's like only have one bullet in the chamber. You better make sure that your shot is right on the money.

If everything plays out as the rumors suggest, customers at ATT & Sprint will have the option of purchasing the Pre or EoS and Verizon will have a different WebOs phone for its customers. What's wrong with options? It seems to me that Palm wants a shot at increasing its market share. What better way to do it than to spread a little WebOs love around to different carriers. And I'm going to assume that Palm will continue to refine the Pre so its not like they have to stop working on the Pre in order to develop the EoS.

And if they do a Pro version of the Pre or EoS as you suggest why does there have to be a memory card slot? Why not just increase the amount of onboard flash memory to 16g or 32g for the Pre on ATT or the Pre 2? 4gs on the EoS maybe reasonable for the target audience. Not everyone wants to store 10,000 pictures and 5,000 songs on a phone.

Palm can and will make a Pre 2 but their plan to have WebOs on multiple devices across multiple carriers makes a lot of sense.
    I think you are confused. The Centro evolved the old Palm OS Treo. Not by a whole lot but it generally was snappier, included more apps, and was made more functional. In addition, it looked better and more appealing for many. It went to 99.00 because Palm needed to sell them on an aging OS.

The EOS doesn't fit that mold. It looks similar to the Centro but its a gimped version of Palm's flagship phone instead of being up to spec. I'm sure it'll have an audience of beginner smartphone users but c'mon, Palm wasn't realizing much profit on Centros as it was. I could see selling the current Pre for 99 NEXT year while not wasting any time with a new 99.00 line. It's kb is already centro-ish.

A Pro version makes more sense. People want a better kb, more pro functions such as a card slot, but they want it specced similar to the flagship and would pay the same for it. No need to lowball it at 99.

The reason Palm doesn't want to flood the market with different types of devices ala RIM, is that it gets tougher to support them. Updating the OS has to keep each model in mind. Customers get confused and start considering it a barrier. For example, if Joe Blow was curious about getting a BB, he wouldn't know where to start. Storm, Bold, 8900, 8300, Tour,Pearl etc..what the heck?

Is this what you want Palm to do?

Stick with a Pre and Pro and make em great Palm. Palm has already declared they have no desire to make a kb-less phone which is fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    Idiotic? Was that an insult?

Oh, no need to ask, I know why you're here...
    LOL..i know why you're here. Not to discuss anything, but to dumb down the pre forums. You're just one of many noobs here that has these forums going to pot. Target the fat middle, and we get you. Thanks Palm..
    All that I have to say about the ***** that wrote the article is he is a boob. A saggy unattractive boob.... Oh yeah and I bet he knows tons of **** about phones being as if you click his name on his website and it tells you he writes books about wall street?! Consider your source...dumb *** that teaches how to invest in a huge Ponzi scheme... of course he owns an Itoy
    treo 650 > treo 700w > treo 800 > palm pre > evo 4g > 3vo

galaxy tab 7
    htc evo view
    LOL..i know why you're here. Not to discuss anything, but to dumb down the pre forums. You're just one of many noobs here that has these forums going to pot. Target the fat middle, and we get you. Thanks Palm..
    Yeah, a dumb noob who actually owns the device. Rather than some know-it-all who thinks that post count means everyone is interested in listening to him bloviate about his expertise on anything and everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    Yeah, a dumb noob who actually owns the device. Rather than some know-it-all who thinks that post count means everyone is interested in listening to him bloviate about his expertise on anything and everything.
    I wouldn't be here if I didn't own or have access to a pre. Actually have both an iPhone and Pre.

Forget post counts, if you want to respond and stay on topic to my post...great. If all you want to do is trade insults, then I'm done responding to you. I only gave my opinion. It's what forums are for...
    I think the one thing that'll break Palm's back is the lack of apps and community / developers.... once they get that under control i think it'll be a lot smoother.
    ( pre-wallpapers.com ) - Over 7000+ Wallpapers for your Palm Pre... Enjoy!
    I wouldn't be here if I didn't own or have access to a pre. Actually have both an iPhone and Pre.

Forget post counts, if you want to respond and stay on topic to my post...great. If all you want to do is trade insults, then I'm done responding to you. I only gave my opinion. It's what forums are for...
    No, I actually don't want to trade insults. Carry on.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234