Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    in the older Treo's you could make a group of specific contacts called "XXXX" and everytime you wanted to send that entire group a message you could just click that button. Where is this OPTION on the PRE? Its really pissing me off that I have to remember all the contacts in my GOLF group and let them know where we are playing each week. Please tell me I'm missing something!!!!
    This is not currently an option with the Pre.
    uhh actually go to messages click in the bottom left the + sign and then type the name of the first contact click it than tap on the enter name and start typing again.. where do people get the idea you can send multiple contacts at once
    you can send to as many as you want!
    I think what the OP is saying is that they want to be able to set up a group to store multiple contacts that they text all the time. That way all they have to do is click the group name once and it will text everyone listed in the group.
  6.    #6  
    I understand and know that I can send to as many contacts as I want and add them 1 by 1, but if I have 20 contacts, I can not remember each one of them every single week. If you have had a TREO before you will know that I am referring to group text messages.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    I think what the OP is saying is that they want to be able to set up a group to store multiple contacts that they text all the time. That way all they have to do is click the group name once and it will text everyone listed in the group.
    THAT IS CORRECT!!!!
    oooo got it my bad!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwigg View Post
    THAT IS CORRECT!!!!
    You were pretty clear in your first post. Some people aren't so good at reading comprehension. Hopefully Palm fixes this pretty soon.
    This was available on previous Treos? I'm pretty sure there was a download for Group Text Messaging but wasn't 'included'
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Quote Originally Posted by egreenwood1 View Post
    uhh actually go to messages click in the bottom left the + sign and then type the name of the first contact click it than tap on the enter name and start typing again.. where do people get the idea you can send multiple contacts at once
    Please learn how to read. Thanks.

(As someone who earlier today read something incorrectly but then edited it to admit his mistake. Go me.)
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    YES! This is a major omission (along with quick text) in the messaging app. This should be as good or better then the old Treo's, not a giant step backwards. With the lists set up, and quick text, I could send a message to 10 people with a quick edit, in about 10 seconds. Palm - are you listening?
    Maybe if you yell a little louder you wont have to text to your group.. just kidding, it would be a nice feature to setup groups

Quote Originally Posted by bigwigg View Post
    THAT IS CORRECT!!!!
    should be available at a future date.
    Just out of curiosity, how often are you sending text messages to like 20 or more people?!!? And why?

I've never used this feature on any phone in my life neither have anybody else I know. Not saying that it shouldn't exist but I can see why it might not be on top of Palm's to-do list.
    "There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't"
    OK, this is a ghetto workaround -
    if you put a group of contacts into the same "company" and then type the name of that company into the messaging field (bottom left + sign), those contacts will pop up below.
    Unfortunately, it's a very ghetto workaround and not very convenient at all.
    Anyone else tired of posts where people are irate over rediculously trivial points.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobilehavoc View Post
    Just out of curiosity, how often are you sending text messages to like 20 or more people?!!? And why?

I've never used this feature on any phone in my life neither have anybody else I know. Not saying that it shouldn't exist but I can see why it might not be on top of Palm's to-do list.
    Get to know more people? He said he texts his golf group weekly. I sometimes text many people in my family or my social circle about get-togethers. It's not the biggest need in the world, but it could be useful.

There are so many people on this forum nowadays that fail to understand that they are not the center of the universe. Have you guys considered that maybe, just maybe, people have different needs than you do?
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    Anyone else tired of posts where people are irate over rediculously trivial points.
    I'm sick of your supposed refutation of other people's desires in multiple threads.
    Quote Originally Posted by cannibal869 View Post
    OK, this is a ghetto workaround -
    if you put a group of contacts into the same "company" and then type the name of that company into the messaging field (bottom left + sign), those contacts will pop up below.
    Unfortunately, it's a very ghetto workaround and not very convenient at all.
    Correct me if I am wrong but don't you still have to select each person individually and retype in the company name every time you want to add a person? I'm pretty sure that is how it would have to be done on my phone. Does not really sound like a true workaround.

You get the same functionality by writing the members of the group on a piece of paper and typing in their names individually. It might actually be easier to do it with the paper. The only benefit to doing it how you describe is that you won't have to carry around a piece of paper. I'm not trying to be mean, just questioning if this is really a workaround at all.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast