Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by sassr21 View Post
    isnt this why twitter, facebook, etc exists? If you're texting 20 people something why not go all out and send that same text to everyone you know! and If you don't want certain eyes to see don't allow them to follow you on twitter...I Effin hate twitter by the way. it's stupid
    I was actually going to suggest Twitter. I'm in the process of getting my sales manager trained to use it for his sales team. Plus the bigger advantage to that is if everyone in his golf group follows eachother they can see the whole conversation between everyone.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Couldnt someone make a patch?? simple request for a simple problem?
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fishtale View Post
    Couldnt someone make a patch?? simple request for a simple problem?
    Please make a patch or app!! I would pay for this...

Atleast once twice a week I send the same message to groups of 10-12 people. this would make the process so much easier.
    lots of peeps waitin for this...
    SCK Manager
    I agree the ability to send a group text would be a nice addition. I tend to assign persons to a group name, usually in company slot. Then I address the text to the company what happens is a list of those people come up and it helps me remember who is in that "group". Then i just type there initials in the TO box. A bit of labor but it helps me not to leave folks out, especially with work groups and impromtu meetings.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Seems like a feature I would use now that I have a data plan because of my awesome Palm Pre.
    Palm is losing because of this. Android, Blackberry & Iphones have these features..

They are trying to improve on everything else but the Shhtt that people need.
    bump
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Great app in the App catalog: Mail lists and it lets you do group sms.

http://www.precentral.net/app-galler...log/mail-lists

Well worth the couple dollars

Digg my story http://digg.com/d31Qenl?tto help raise $$$ & awareness for webOS, Palm Pre, HP.

#WebOS Internals "Telethon"#Palm Pre http://bit.ly/7q1Mc
    Yes, Mail Lists fits the bill.
    I'm team manager for our football team and I just input all of our parents emails into my phone and included them all as company name Knights. I set up a test and only 13 of 24 showed up. Any ideas why? I really need to contact everyone via text while we're in Florida for a National Championship next week and I can't believe my awesome Palm Pre can't do this for me! What about google docs or something?
    There is a limit for how many the Pre will let you send to at once, but I believe there's a patch in Preware that does away with the limit.

Just an update to add, it is usually the carrierrs that insist on a limit to prevent spam.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Just checked, it's called Unlimited Recipients.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by ronniebrasco View Post
    Palm is losing because of this. Android, Blackberry & Iphones have these features..

They are trying to improve on everything else but the Shhtt that people need.
    There are a number of free and paid apps that give you this functionality as well as the patch that Verwon mentioned to de-limit the number of recipients.

But I have to say, I had a couple of Android phones this year and was really disappointed in the way it handles texts to multiple recipients.

With WebOS, the texts sent to individuals or groups still appear in the individuals msg thread right in line with whatever other conversation I was having with that recipient.

With Android, it creates a completely new thread for each recipient instead of simply adding it to the existing thread for that recipient. It wasn't very efficient.

So yes, I would like to see this as a native feature for the contacts app that would then add the functionality for the SMS and Email apps.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    There is a free app called, TXT Group that will allow you to do text multiple people at once.
    Unfortunately, you cannot create a "permanant" group to access & send msgs to.

I was/am equally angered & perplexed by Palm's failure to have this feature. Per ususal, there is an app to help w/ this. I have been using "Super Contacts". Admittedly, I have not used it to it's full capacity. It appears to be easy & permits you to organize your groups/tabs by assigning colors to each tab.

Here is a link to a YT demo....

Last edited by sherryterry1; 12/26/2010 at 10:40 AM. Reason: addition of link
    I agree with Bitterblood, TXT Group works great & you can't beat the price

I use it to txt people at work for open shifts, etc. Only 1 minor drawback, and from what I understand, this is actually a WebOS limitation... if a contact happens to have multiple mobile numbers, you can only send to 1 of their numbers.

http://forums.precentral.net/hattcze...txt-group.html

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
    Is that Unlimited Recipients patch still around I can not find it on PreWare
    Theory: Company name workaround using multiple activities yields multiple group memberships.

Example: Poker Golf MMA
    Example: Scrapbooking Jogging
    Prē
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123