Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I miss Chatter too from my days with the 650, 700p, 755p. However I've come to like the way the Pre handles my AOL account. For the first time ever, I can actually see my Spam folder of my AOL account using the Pre cell phone! This was never possible with my old Treos, and I used to wait til I can get to my desktop before viewing my Spam folder. Even better, I can also see my various ''saved'' AOL folders with the Pre that was never possible with my Treos. The Pre is truly a huge leap forward in mimicking the power of a desktop computer web browser. Too good!!
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    I'm new to the Pre coming from a 700p.

ChatterEmail rocked. Probably better than blackberry. Just the ability to pick my favorite folders to sync (can't do that on Pre or iphone) and to quickly read with one hand, scan through with one hand, and to mark for deletion or keep unread with one hand rocked.

The way the pre has to open a new card everytime you want to read an email is rediculous. It's soo much slower.

Unless Im missing something, HTML email is coming through as pretty much text with alot of links on the Pre. Graphic elements show up as attached pictures. At least chatteremail converted them into an easy to read format. The iphone rocks here where html looks as good as outlook and unlike the Pre, supports landscape veiwing now.

IMHO, if Palm wants to compete with Blackberry (the now champ of email), they have to re-write, or heavily upgrade the email app. I'd be willing to pay extra, like I did for ChatterEmail, for a solid email client

Email as it stands now, is only 'serviceable.'
    Mark F Chinsky
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post
    you can check your email any way you like as long as you don't mind having to enable airplane mode w/out wifi in order to stop receiving emails. Chatter was superior to the extent that it could be turned 100% off.
    I'd recommend just changing something in the account rather than going into airplane mode. For instance, you could temporarily set it to get email manually, every 24 hours, 6 hours, whatever, until you wanted to go full bore again.
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mulcher View Post
    I'm new to the Pre coming from a 700p.
    ChatterEmail rocked. Probably better than blackberry. Just the ability to pick my favorite folders to sync (can't do that on Pre or iphone) ....
    I've used and deployed Chatter for myself and others for years. I loved it; but if you had a ton of imap folders, setting them up individually was a PAIN. The Pre is better at the initial folder setup. Chatter is better at folder sync control. However, you can add Pre folders to your favorites list for syncing. Chatter's overall sync and notification handling is far superior.
    [/QUOTE]

Unless Im missing something, HTML email is coming through as pretty much text with alot of links on the Pre. Graphic elements show up as attached pictures. At least chatteremail converted them into an easy to read format. The iphone rocks here where html looks as good as outlook and unlike the Pre, supports landscape veiwing now.
    Are you actually looking at email on a Pre? I get html emails that look like a web page on a desktop? This is one of the most impressive things co-workers discover and mention and one of the reasons why most of my users will be migrating to the Pre.

IMHO, if Palm wants to compete with Blackberry (the now champ of email), they have to re-write, or heavily upgrade the email app. I'd be willing to pay extra, like I did for ChatterEmail, for a solid email client
    Email as it stands now, is only 'serviceable.'
    Unless someone is connecting their Blackberry to BES, their are very few email advantages. With Exchange and most IMAP servers, the Pre maintains real-time sync MUCH better and the html rendering absolutely blows away any BB that I've seen. We've already committed to eliminating all Blackberrys (except Nextel PTT units) and replacing them with Pre's (multi-calendar features which are a huge hit for our people.) Except for concerns about the keyboard and battery everyone wants to switch asap.

Are you using an Exchange account? I've found that somehow the Pre screws up formatting of HTML messages, but only with EAS accounts. I can have the same HTML email sent to both my EAS and IMAP accounts, and the IMAP account displays it perfectly, while the Exchange account destroys the HTML formatting.

And the Pre can do landscape email viewing if you type in "RocknRollHax" (search the forum for details).
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1PTUser View Post
    I've used and deployed Chatter for myself and others for years. I loved it; but if you had a ton of imap folders, setting them up individually was a PAIN. The Pre is better at the initial folder setup. Chatter is better at folder sync control. However, you can add Pre folders to your favorites list for syncing. Chatter's overall sync and notification handling is far superior.
    Wow, are you saying there is a way to take one or more of my exchange folders and make them auto update and be quickly accessable like chatter?? If so, how? The favorites stuff I saw only allows putting flagged messages, and a particular whole email account, not a folder in it

Are you actually looking at email on a Pre? I get html emails that look like a web page on a desktop? This is one of the most impressive things co-workers discover and mention and one of the reasons why most of my users will be migrating to the Pre.

I'm Using EAS and HTML looks butchered

Unless someone is connecting their Blackberry to BES, their are very few email advantages. With Exchange and most IMAP servers, the Pre maintains real-time sync MUCH better and the html rendering absolutely blows away any BB that I've seen. We've already committed to eliminating all Blackberrys (except Nextel PTT units) and replacing them with Pre's (multi-calendar features which are a huge hit for our people.) Except for concerns about the keyboard and battery everyone wants to switch asap.[/QUOTE]
    Mark F Chinsky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12