1.    #1  
    Okay. So everyone who has a Pre do the following. Go into the messaging program. Now pay close attention to the side of the LCD screen while doing this... with you thumbs on the middle of the touch screen slide it open. Does anyone see a disturbance on the LCD screen on the sides? Kinda like when you push on a computer monitor it makes that weird distortion. From the liquid crystal whatever...

Is anyone else's Pre giving them this weird liquid touch effect when they slide the slider open with their thumbs in the middle/sides of the screen?

I have 1 dead pixel I believe. My slider has a slight wobble. Nothing to get me to exchange it. But if this screen is only happening to mine, then I might exchange my Pre just so I can get a perfect unit...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawandvital View Post
    Go into the messaging program. Now pay close attention to the side of the LCD screen while doing this... with you thumbs on the middle of the touch screen slide it open. Does anyone see a disturbance on the LCD screen on the sides?
    I can not duplicate this issue. I do however get the wavy animation effect directly on the area I push on.
    same here the only thing I get is the wavy thing when you touch the screen. mine is fine.
    Just tried it and i do notice the ripple watery effect you speak of. But this happened only on the bottom left corner of my screen. I don't really get what the big deal is as it is only temporary and only happens when you exert pressure onto the screen. I also only notice this when the background is totally white, like when the text messaging ap is open. There is no ripple against my wallpaper. I think you are being a bit picky if you are contemplating returning the phone just because of this.
  5.    #5  
    Yeah, perhaps I am being a little too picky...

Well, I wasn't planning to cancel or anything... No freakin' way. the palm is amazing! I'm hooked. I have been hooked since Jan, man!

I was just thinking, eh, my slider has the slightest wobble which I kind of like. Because I know with a little give, it will not snap or anything under stress! I have 1 dead pixel, I THINK! See, that's how much the dead pixel isn't an issue. I don't even know it it's a dead pixel or not. And yeah, only on the messaging screen can I see the ripple effect from the slider and pressure on the screen.

I also noticed a little lag yesterday. I was kind of frustrated but stupid me!!! I forgot all about restarting the phone. I shut her down, powered her back up and BOOYAA! faster than ever. I really have zero lag with opening apps! I love it..

Okay, I'm not exchanging anything. With my luck, I'll get a bunk device that's even worse off than this one!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucidlore View Post
    I think you are being a bit picky if you are contemplating returning the phone just because of this.
    A bit picky isn't even the word. People seem to expect complete perfection, which is simply not possible.

Just enjoy your phones and stop looking for stuff to whine about!
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    my spring is too strong... i don't feel comfortable applying pressure and opening my pre with one hand - i do the double thumbs on the side routine.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    The same thing will happen if you press down on your computer screen.... it is not unusual.