1.    #1  
    Since the update to 1.0.4 when I do a universal search and launch Google it returns a French language search page. Anyone else having this problem??? Any ideas to fix it? Thanks!
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    if you open up google maps, what location does it say you are?

as far as I know, google determines your language by looking at the ip-address.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by StefanP View Post
    if you open up google maps, what location does it say you are?

as far as I know, google determines your language by looking at the ip-address.
    Google Maps pulls up my correct location in Ohio...
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    if you are referring to the mobile google search page...

scroll down to the bottom of the page and there should be an option for preferences, then on the next page choose more preferences where you can change the interface language setting. hope this helps
    I've always had weird search results with Sprint. It seems that google doesn't have the best log of which IP belongs to what because I use to get Spanish search results. I've gotten it for the Pre but it's gone away for now.
    Same here, thanks Mattickus but i had to use the translator app to figure out where perferences was hahaha and it was almost the same word haha so spacey today
    SCK Manager
  7.    #7  
    My language was set to english... I changed my preferred language for page results to only english and it seems to work. Weird... Thanks for the suggestion
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I didn't even think about the fact that your page would be in French. I wouldn't have been able to know the French equivalent of preferences. Good thing you had the translator app
    Quote Originally Posted by jschmitt1203 View Post
    Google Maps pulls up my correct location in Ohio...
    Don't they speak French in Ohio?
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Two nights ago (prior to 1.0.4) I was directed to Google in Spanish. I couldn't change the language settings on the bottom. I was in NYC and the Google Maps app knew that...

I wound up resetting the device and it went back to English. I figure my connection must have gotten routed through a Spanish-speaking country ISP right before hitting Google. Bizarre, but you're not alone...

Brett
    Quote Originally Posted by mattickus View Post
    I didn't even think about the fact that your page would be in French. I wouldn't have been able to know the French equivalent of preferences. Good thing you had the translator app

well translator app just sayd preferences when in typed that in. Word to translate Preferences = (french) Preferences hahaha it is the same word but on the site it has the fancy e's like the pre does haha
    SCK Manager
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    That's so funny, it did the same thing for me on Saturday! The weirdest part was, I was searching for a French food, and when Google came up, it was entirely in French. Did you happen to search for a French word?
    Quote Originally Posted by Siraris View Post
    That's so funny, it did the same thing for me on Saturday! The weirdest part was, I was searching for a French food, and when Google came up, it was entirely in French. Did you happen to search for a French word?
    I searched for the word TEST haha and if came up with french sites
    SCK Manager
    I though my spanish google was just a fluke too. Quick restart and everything was fine but hmmmmmmm, can't help but wonder what happened. Come to think of it, Opera on my Ocean once spent a week directing me to the german myspace site. Might be a sprint network thing perhaps?
    The exact same thing is happening to me. It's been going on for a few days now and it's really annoying.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Regarde ici.. Peut-être, c'est le problème de Google.
    Last edited by groovy; 08/20/2009 at 11:36 PM.