1.    #1  
    I am getting mine in two business days. Also what do I do when I receive it to activate it and deactivate my defective one.

Note: I am getting it exchanged due to wobbly slider, screen discoloration, dead pixels, and random resets every now and then when i close the slider.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    what do you mean by wobbly slider? is it when you attempt to move it left to right and it wobbles?
    are you (or other people) getting new/replacement Pre's under the TEP insurance? (meaning u have to pay the $100 deductable) or is there some under 30 days policy i am not aware of?

mine is wobbling quite a bit, but im willing to pay $100 to get it fixed
    Yeah I got the random turnoff problem too even with hard resets even with the two updates!

Quote Originally Posted by drinksoy View Post
    are you (or other people) getting new/replacement Pre's under the TEP insurance? (meaning u have to pay the $100 deductable) or is there some under 30 days policy i am not aware of?

I have the full replacment plan and when I finally convinced someone I needed a replacement (like 4 visits and 5 calls to CS) the guy got me the phone and a new battery for free... I should be getting my replacement some time tomorrow!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by gtacura View Post
    what do you mean by wobbly slider? is it when you attempt to move it left to right and it wobbles?
    loose slider when you twist it left and right as well as a very very creaky battery door that does not seal properly.

but the main reason i am getting it exchanged is the random resets and screen discoloration.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by drinksoy View Post

called palm and did it directly through them. they are sending a replacement unit. they put a 400 dollar hold on my credit card that they will release once they receive my defective unit when i mail it to them. the shipping is all covered but i did have to pay a 29.99 palm service fee. whatever.
    Here's my $.02. I actually picked up my 2nd pre from Best Buy here in NYC. They had been out of stock from since launch day. The unit came in the yellow box with 1.03 already installed so the unit should be more than 10 days old. What I've noticed with the 2nd unit right off the bat is that it feels (might just be me) a tad more solid. The keys still have the gumminess to them, but feels a bit more solid and raised for some reason it seems like I have more clearance at the top row. Again...this just could be me. The unit definitely slides open easier. Kinda feels like the slider has been lubed. Not that it pops right open (I would be scared of that), but when it does open it does'nt scrape. On the negative side, I do have some blotchiness along the bottom of the screen. It seems a bit more pronounced when I'm charging, but is still there when not charging. All-in-all, I'm happy with my replacement. I'm sure if there's anything else different, I'll pick it up in the next few days.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    The unit I received from palm is flawless. I've had it a week and it's still as perfect as when I received it. This thing even survived being in my pocket while helping two different friends move out of an apartment and the other, a home (don't recommend it though).

If my experience is any indication, they may have ironed out the process of making these things more solid, consistently. Mine has a manufacture date of 6/16 by the way.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCIArr View Post
    The unit I received from palm is flawless. I've had it a week and it's still as perfect as when I received it. This thing even survived being in my pocket while helping two different friends move out of an apartment and the other, a home (don't recommend it though).

If my experience is any indication, they may have ironed out the process of making these things more solid, consistently. Mine has a manufacture date of 6/16 by the way.
    Excellent! looking forward to receiving mine. By the way, how did you go about activating your replacement model while deactivating the old one?
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Good to hear that they may be fixing problems! How do you check the manufacture date?
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stubbs View Post
    Good to hear that they may be fixing problems! How do you check the manufacture date?
    From the dial pad type in
    ##RTN# (786)
    This the Phone Information page. It tells you how many minutes the unit has on it, how much data has transpired, the warranty date, ESN, phone number, software and hardware revisions, refurbished status, etc. Note: Please be careful with the options in the pull-down menu.

I believe the warranty date would be the build date. Mine is the 17th and I've had no issues. Screen looks great, slider is fine, everything is perfect. I haven't had a lockup, or anything. I'm going to stick with the phone with confidence that there will be a fair number of OS updates to add in some of the key features that are missing.
    my warranty date is 6/17/09 and the screen wobble is crazy. This is my first replacement (2nd phone). I called the sprint store and they said they won't replace it again. I am going to have call CS and fight with them. Lucky Me.