Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jagowar View Post
    That might have been the launch but there are atleast 331697 phone out there now.... thats the number of times the accuweather app has been downloaded. And even that is a very lowball figure because not every person out there with a pre has downloaded that app.
    Does that count redownloads to a profile? If so, my Wife's Pre and my Pre accounted for 11 times having it download.
    Quote Originally Posted by jagowar View Post
    That might have been the launch but there are atleast 331697 phone out there now.... thats the number of times the accuweather app has been downloaded. And even that is a very lowball figure because not every person out there with a pre has downloaded that app.
    You are kidding right?

I doubt the 200k number, but if its true Palm is in some deep doo doo. I don't think the device is selling as well as they had hoped. We will find out for sure in another month or two after the next 10q.
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Outside numbers are just guestimates. Can't be sure until palm/sprint release some data.
    The article talks about smartphone sales in THE SECOND QUARTER only... so the number is probably accurate. The second quarter ended in June, the Pre was out for about three weeks of the second quarter.
    No wonder why the stock went down over a $1 today, wonderful! I wish they would release some numbers so this stock will start on it's way up to $20+.

Adam
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    Does that count redownloads to a profile? If so, my Wife's Pre and my Pre accounted for 11 times having it download.
    Yeppers, me too.
    Wish Palm could push a GSM version out the door pronto. This would open the WebOS platform to the rest of the world and go a long way toward seeding it internationally.
    I will wait for the official palm/sprint numbers...
    Quote Originally Posted by Adjei View Post
    and sales of the Palm Pre reached just 205,000 units despite it getting lots of media attention, according to Gartner.
    And, according to several other pundits, that number is wrong. Oh me oh my, who to believe. I guess it all depends on whether you like the Pre or not.

What type of forum was this again???

Just askin'...

Side Note I think it's interesting that the article mentioned Palm's lack of brand recognition in other countries. Probably noteworthy, since the Pre is not available in any other countries yet!!!
    Who knows what the actual number is... for every one true phone sold, i'm sure there's someone out there who has replaced their phone 4 times.
    App downloads alone of the most popular ones would suggest it is way higher than 200k.
    Is there a hidden app that slowly starts disabling the phone and then bricks it if sales don't reach critical mass in a certain period of time?

Palm's going to remain "around" for a bit, boffo sales numbers or no. Verizon and AT&T will carry WebOS devices soon, and they will launch on other carriers in other countries. As long as that is the case and you are not a shareholder, why does this stat matter?
    Why does it matter? It doesn't! But it does provides those that get their kicks that way with another opportunity to knock Palm &/or Pre.
    blah blah blah Iphone blah blah blah Pre Sucks blah blah blah

Really tired of this. Now if the Pre had sold 5 phones over 2 months and 4 of those returned their phones due to their reseblance to a snack cookie then maybe I can see Palm being in trouble.

It's funny that there are so many people who want to act smart like they know the total phones sold, but no one knows. Why not wait for exact sales numbers and then pronounce the doom and gloom or the overwhelming success of the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    blah blah blah Iphone blah blah blah Pre Sucks blah blah blah

Really tired of this. Now if the Pre had sold 5 phones over 2 months and 4 of those returned their phones due to their reseblance to a snack cookie then maybe I can see Palm being in trouble.

It's funny that there are so many people who want to act smart like they know the total phones sold, but no one knows. Why not wait for exact sales numbers and then pronounce the doom and gloom or the overwhelming success of the Pre.
    All it took was 6 months of waiting, and 2 months of use, and PogyePetey and I finally agree 100% on a point about the Pre.

That alone should make their stock go up.
    Their number is talking about the second quarter. The Pre only sold for 3 weeks in the second quarter so 205,000 is probably about right. Now, if you add in the time since then I'm sure the number is considerably higher (but not as high as some would like).
    Way to go mods! Neat merge!
    The My Touch 3G already sold 1million sets. Thats a fairly crappy phone on a t-mobil network that barely has any 3g coverage. The My Touch 3G released at around the same time as the Palm Pre. I find it hard to believe that the Pre has not sold 1million phones yet. Hell the storm sold a million phones and that thing is terrible.

seriously dont you think the pre should be coming on 1million phones pretty soon?
    Quote Originally Posted by number1pete View Post
    seriously dont you think the pre should be coming on 1million phones pretty soon?
    Could be. The numbers being bandied around here are for June only.
    Quote Originally Posted by number1pete View Post
    The My Touch 3G already sold 1million sets. Thats a fairly crappy phone on a t-mobil network that barely has any 3g coverage. The My Touch 3G released at around the same time as the Palm Pre. I find it hard to believe that the Pre has not sold 1million phones yet. Hell the storm sold a million phones and that thing is terrible.

Where did you hear the myTouch sold 1m? I can't find a single source that even mentions sales numbers, much less 1 million
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast