Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    A Call Blocker/SMS Blocker...
    The ability to click 'copy phone number' from contact details

Someone asked me to text them a friend's phone number and I had to actually write it down on a piece of paper then retype it.
    Oh yeah, and a case/screen that can withstand 2-story drops and 2 years in my pocket. I've had my pre for 24 days and it looks like I took sandpaper to it already.

Notification light.

D-pad

State showing up with numbers not in your contacts
    Oh yeah, and a case/screen that can withstand 2-story drops and 2 years in my pocket. I've had my pre for 24 days and it looks like I took sandpaper to it already.

Notification light.

D-pad

State showing up with numbers not in your contacts
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    AudibleAir
    Notification Light
    Memory Expansion
    Only thing I really miss is the ability to use 1 hand

AND am I missing something or is there no smiley faces ect in texting? AND I HATE when i want to make a phone call, but dont want to slide the keyboard down to find someones name, but I am forced to...in my old 755, it gave you those customizable spots in the phone app where you could just scroll down and pick who you wanted to dial. Is there any way around this?

Other than that, I LOVE this phone. since 1.03 ive had great battery life, and zero complaints whatsoever.
    Things that I miss so much I may return it (for my Treo 650):
    * e-mail that works. Pre e-mail is flaky, doesn't always download even when you ask it to, and doesn't seem to "reply".
    * battery life. My Treo could go a weekend on a charge. The Pre can't last a day.

Things I miss a lot, but won't return it for:
    * The d pad
    * better left-handed functionality (ALL the pre controls are on the left, forcing my to type with my right thumb)
    * better keyboard in general
    * games (all my classic games work better with a stylus)
    * Snapper Mail (which works in classic, except when it generates a blue screen of death, and which wants a stylus)
    * speedier responses
    * very sturdy, even when dropped
    * easier to "undo" most errors

Things I like about the Pre:
    * Syncs well (yes, really. I am using the missing sync, and it seems to work more reliably on this platform)
    * awesome screen - actually works for sharing photos
    * replaces my ipod, only one item to carry
    * nice form factor
    * better internet browsing (faster connection, larger screen, gestures)

I like the nifty new shiny gadget aspect, but probably ought to return it as the email and battery life will drive me nuts.
    I miss audible.com! I want my audio books - I honestly didn't even THINK about it when I mailed my Treo off to charity, I should've kept it until audible got it together with the Pre. I can listen on my Kindle, but that's not exactly portable

I really really miss copy and paste and forwarding a text message (come on, Palm, fix that already! Not being able to forward a text message is killing me here - I usually forward action items from clients to my email so I won't forget). I could just copy and paste them into an email, but NOOOOO... help a girl out, people!

Because I'm a Facebook user and use Google calendar/contacts, moving to the Pre was a flash though and I won't ever really lose my content again. I must say I'm overall very pleased.
    True Copy & Paste
    Fwd Text Messages
    Text Message Character count (twitter)
    The 5 way ( If you have the slider open it's hard to tap some parts of the screen with your thumb)
    Going a day and half on one charge

But the biggest thing I miss is getting reception at my desk at work!
    Alot of good comments above, soi thought i would quote osme of the items I miss / Don;t Miss (BTw - had Centro, 700P, 60, 600)

Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    -
    Let me add what I don't miss from ANY of my previous Treos:

- ugly (but functional) UI
    - slow (granted, native apps like Calendar -a working in progress on the Pre- were wicked fast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince_K View Post
    I REALLY miss:
    D-pad
    Cut and paste
    one-handability (you treo owners know what i mean)
    I DON'T miss

big heavy brick of a phone
    outdated interface (an atari looking interface in a world of PS3s )
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post
    5-way d-pad & SD cards...yep I agree.....
    Quote Originally Posted by nukular View Post
    1.) Emoticons!
    2.) Instant launching of programs.
    3.) Control pad to scroll around the screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by phwelo View Post
    the 5 way & keycaps
    Some other that I miss:
    "indestructibility" o- those Treo's were some tuff phones
    COntact Groups for IM !!!!! Palm droped the ball here
    Battery life .... My battery doesn't even last till noon. Yesterday the phone dies WHILE CHARGIN (it was looking for a single)

Don't miss:
    Repeating: BIG phone and ugly UI
    old touch screen technology
    Phone crashes
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Coming from a Centro, and before that a Treo 650, and before that a Treo 300, here are the things I miss most so far:

1. The 5-Way, and One-Handed Operation in general, especially in the Web browser. While Blazer is probably the thing I miss LEAST about my Centro, I did really like being able to select the previous/next link with one hand.

2. One-Touch Dialing. It doesn't count if I have to slide open the keyboard to press and hold a key. Or gesture to get to an icon on the launcher (from which I then have to select which of a contact's numbers I want to dial). Or do anything else that's going to get me into an accident (or pulled over by the police) while driving. While the wallpaper on the home screen LOOKS very nice, it's wasted real estate. Why not put favorites there, as on the Treo? Or just give us voice dialing.

3. Categories for contacts and memos.

4. Astraware Sudoku. I'll probably get used to the CakeFight Sudoku app eventually, but I've noticed that I'm not playing nearly as much as on my Centro. Of course, that's probably not a bad thing.

5. TomTom. While there are a few things in Sprint Navigation that I like better (especially spoken street names), in general it doesn't quite seem to be ready for prime time. I haven't found a way to sanity check a route summary, or select an alternate route.
    I miss:

Calendar alarms repeating until dismissed

But mostly I miss a handful of apps:
    Ebook reader (I used Mobipocket, eRead and Tealdoc, all for different reasons)
    Acid Image (the current version of the stock Pre picture viewing app is pretty pitiful)
    Count down timer

That last one is a pretty trivial app, but I used it many times a day and I miss it a lot. If someone else doesn't beat me to it, I may write one when the SDK releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by algee650 View Post
    I've had my Pre for about 2 weeks (on unit #2) and I think I'm gonna stick with it. At first I wasn't sure, so I kept my Treo 755p just in case.

1) The rocker - Being able to navigate with one hand is priceless. And knowing when you select something (middle button), it's going to be selected.

3) Expandable storage - For obvious reasons. ..I'd still like to have that option to store more than 8gb on my device.
    I totally agree here, The rocker I still find I need & 8GB's WTF was Palm thinking, to compete with iPhone they should have at least had 16GB Nokia N97 has 32 on board expandable to 64GB. This was a huge mistake by Palm.

Private records Another I really miss and used often was the ability to mark contacts notes, and other events Private ( on treo and other Palm OS devices you could mark something private to mask or hide private records. Such as for example Bank info or credit card info or for all us married guys Our Girlfriends' contact info. That security feature was very useful feature,

cut & paste from web page.

Categories for contacts & notes-
    I the only Ap I missed was Passwords Plus, I am confident in palm to release numerous Apps that will make the User experience with this fun better, but seriously only 8GB's, How can I be confident installing new apps if i only have 8 gb of storage!!!
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MyPreKindaSucks View Post
    True Copy & Paste
    Fwd Text Messages
    Text Message Character count (twitter)
    The 5 way ( If you have the slider open it's hard to tap some parts of the screen with your thumb)
    Going a day and half on one charge

But the biggest thing I miss is getting reception at my desk at work!
    +1

also missing datebk calendar week-view. the lil shaded boxes dont help me at all.
    Missing the most.

1. Calendar alarms being reliable.
    2. Alerts and calendar items ring tone flexibility (length, style.)
    3. Copy and Paste from browser and other apps, for example copying phone number and pasting...or address.
    4. Google maps integration into contacts.
    5. General toughness. Treo takes a beating.
    6. Alert flashing light letting you know at a quick glance that you have something to attend to.
    7. PalmOS apps: Datebook, YAPS...etc. Yes, I know I could install legacy PalmOS emulator but the apps were tied to my old Palm and I don't want to buy the emulator and all the old apps again when new ones should be coming optimized for the Pre.
    8. Ability to download and delete directly on device. Should be able to download ringtones and wallpaper for example...not to mention pdf's and work docs.
    9. Toggle...would be useful to have some type of mousing function...especially one handed.
    10. Backing up to PC and flash card.
    11. Flash card expansion.
    12. Decent memo application...vs. Pre's eye candy.
    13. Organized applications into categories.

What I most like about the Pre over Treo.

1. Browser lightyears better than Blazer.
    2. Universal search...though it should be more universal (let me search emails for example.)
    3. True multitasking.
    4. Easy peasy app installs and updates...ditto for firmware.
    5. Contact list synergy.
    6. Real push email with html.
  17.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by Addie_Goodvibes View Post
    I totally agree here, The rocker I still find I need & 8GB's WTF was Palm thinking, to compete with iPhone they should have at least had 16GB Nokia N97 has 32 on board expandable to 64GB. This was a huge mistake by Palm.

Private records Another I really miss and used often was the ability to mark contacts notes, and other events Private ( on treo and other Palm OS devices you could mark something private to mask or hide private records. Such as for example Bank info or credit card info or for all us married guys Our Girlfriends' contact info. That security feature was very useful feature,

cut & paste from web page.

Categories for contacts & notes-
    YES, private records! Forgot to mention that.
    Palm loyalist: Samsung SGH-i500>Treo 600>650>755P>Pre- #1>>Pre- #2>Pre- #3>Pre- #4>Pre- #5>Pre- #6
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    I miss that heavy brick-like feeling in my pocket. And I miss being able to drop-kick it without having to worry too much about anything but my toes.
    LOL

Dammit! You made me spit on my keyboard!
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    1. Chatteremail features (see related thread)
    2. Datebk - tasks integrated into calendar
    3. Battery life - Treo 650's 1850 mAh battery much better than the smaller Pre battery
    4. Private records - don't know what to do about my passwords and account #s exposed in the memo app - looked at SplashId, but it doesn't back up anywhere at present - Evernote too cumbersome for passwords - anyone have an idea?

Someone mentioned missing the autoformat of the Treo - I find a double-tap on the Pre resizes web papers effectively - the whole web browsing experience is so much better
    Last edited by horatio8; 07/01/2009 at 07:49 PM.
    I miss:

full search of calendars, memos and contacts - hope this comes soon!

favorite buttons for one touch dialing

audible.com
    I still carry the Treo just for books...

YAUC - great little source of constants
    TideTool - stay in touch with mother Earth

with the latest release of Classic, the last two apps work, but still no sound for Audible books.

I really like the Pre - web, search, keyboard, multi-tasking, GPS so hope the few missing holes get filled.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast