Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    One of the big deals about the new iPhone is the autofocus camera so you can take macros. Well, we didn't get that but we COULD if some entrepreneurial user follows my 3 steps to Macro Money

Step 1:
    The iPhone 3G doesn't have Macro/Autofocus either but Griffin made a case called the iClarifi. It's just a shell that has a little magnifying glass you can toggle over the lens.

Step 2:
    What makes it easier for the Pre is that the battery cover is removable. So all it takes is a modified cover with that sliding magnifier.

Step 3:
    Profit! All I ask is for a million up front, lawyer fees for potential lawsuit and 4 free PreMacro Shells.

C'mon, we can do this. A Macro lens would be great for both users AND for app makers (barcode readers) so this actually would be useful.
    Last edited by Urkel; 06/30/2009 at 09:30 AM.
    I wouldn't say 1,000,000. More like maybe $100,000 if anything.
    Nice idea!! Make the back cover compatible with the Touchstone and you have a winner!!

Also, make a back cover that hides the camera (for those who have the need).
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    I'd definately buy one!

It really wouldn't surprise me if Griffin didn't already have something like this in the works for the Pre....
    Step 1: Macro Lens Idea
    Step 2: ???
    Step 3: PROFIT!!
    Follow Me On

Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    Step 1: Macro Lens Idea
    Step 2: ???
    Step 3: PROFIT!!
    the part thats missing is photographing a 20 dollar bill and printing a few copies.

Man I hope the Secret Service knows a joke when they see it
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    That would be cool. Back cover that will accomodate a 2500-3000 mAh battery, Touchstone, with a slider lens. And it should be "grippy". Might be onto something.
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    Might be onto something.
    Yeah, like the "Ultimate Pre Backing" or something with a more clever name.. and that's compatible with pretty much everything.

Question: I'm not by any means an optics expert, but shouldn't there also be a way to zoom by adding a simple lens? If so then you can have Macro, Regular, Hidden, and Zoom!
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Get Griffin to do it... not only will it not work, it won't fit either.
    Man, I'm making a steampunk hard case for my pre and totally adding a macro lense (and maybe a zoom)
    Ha...i like the hidden camera idea, that would be awesome!
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLBurger View Post
    Question: I'm not by any means an optics expert, but shouldn't there also be a way to zoom by adding a simple lens? If so then you can have Macro, Regular, Hidden, and Zoom!
    Zoom attachments are possible too. No one willl ever know you're spying on them...

Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    Zoom attachments are possible too. No one willl ever know you're spying on them...
    Oh damn, that's bad ars!!

I'm switching back to the iPhone!
    Went from iPhone to Pre and love it!
  15. thekaitlin
    hahahahahaha! I picked up a magnifier from the Target pharmacy to take (semi-macro) pics of biz cards and the like for Evernote usage.
    That is a great mock up btw.

Seriously, approach the company that makes that case regarding it. You never know if you have something here.

Be sure to patent it first though. Which cost a bit of money....but i'm kinda serious about it.
    seidio probably already has a dev team on this =)
    Here is an idea for your case mod. A rotating disk with a variety of lenses (fish eye, macro, wide angle, zoom, zoomx2, etc.) with a small wheel to change it on the fly.

You are welcome.

(I want 3%)
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesforsalvador View Post
    seidio probably already has a dev team on this =)
    what does Dev mean, is it short for development ??

thanks
    mt
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    Here is an idea for your case mod. A rotating disk with a variety of lenses (fish eye, macro, wide angle, zoom, zoomx2, etc.) with a small wheel to change it on the fly.

You are welcome.

(I want 3%)
    It does have to be a wheel. There might just be enough room to have to lenses side by side.

I think a horizontal slider with two, or more, positions is more elegant and aesthetically pleasing.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast